globalc

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
fluxcoil.net
XP
Country
Japan
@sharkticonnz You should be able to extract the initrd, and modify the startscript which is running there.

I managed to compile an own kernel now on Fedora32, which runs on the PS4 pro I have.
sudo dnf - install git-core flex bison elfutils-libelf-devel git clone https://github.com/ps4boot/ps4-linux.git cd ps4-linux cp config .config make -j 12 bzImage # then copy arch/x86/boot/bzImage to partition /dev/sda1

These are not the sources for the kernel which this thread is for, though. When I try to compile that one, I get this:
git clone https://github.com/ps4gentoo/ps4-linux-5.3.7 cd ps4-linux-5.3.7 make clean make oldconfig make -j 12 bzImage [..] CALL scripts/checksyscalls.sh CALL scripts/atomic/check-atomics.sh DESCEND objtool CHK include/generated/compile.h AS drivers/base/firmware_loader/builtin/mrvl/sd8897_uapsta.bin.gen.o AS drivers/base/firmware_loader/builtin/mrvl/sd8797_uapsta.bin.gen.o make[4]: *** No rule to make target '/lib/firmware/amdgpu/gladius_ce.bin', needed by 'drivers/base/firmware_loader/builtin/amdgpu/gladius_ce.bin.gen.o'. Stop. make[3]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:497: drivers/base/firmware_loader/builtin] Error 2 make[2]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:497: drivers/base/firmware_loader] Error 2 make[1]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:497: drivers/base] Error 2 make: *** [Makefile:1085: drivers] Error 2
Maybe these firmware files like gladius_ce.bin are baked into the PS4 somewhere - but I did not find them there. Anyway, the way above compiles the kernel without these files.

noscr33n

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This files are inside firmware zip, you have to put this files into /lib/firmware, i managed to compile the kernel, but doesnt boot, dont know why because release version by ps4gentoo works fine.

Zerg85

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
на моей playstation pro cuh 7016b нет черного экрана, но произошла эта ошибка.
20220407_204551.jpg

noscr33n

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
на моей playstation pro cuh 7016b нет черного экрана, но произошла эта ошибка.View attachment 305235
try "fdisk -l" to see disks and partitions, find partition where you have psxitarch file then "mount /dev/sdXX /newroot" where XX is disk number and partition number, and then "resume-boot" or "exec switch_root /newroot /newroot/sbin/init"
if you dont know where is psxitarch you can try
mkdir letsee
mount /dev/sda1 letsee
ls letsee/
if file is not shown there
umount /dev/sda1
mount/dev/sda2 letsee
ls letsee/
and so on, if not sda try sdb, sdc, etc..

Reactions: Zerg85

Zerg85

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
попробуйте «fdisk -l», чтобы увидеть диски и разделы, найдите раздел, в котором у вас есть файл psxitarch, затем «mount /dev/sdXX/newroot», где XX — номер диска и номер раздела, а затем «resume-boot» или «exec switch_root / новый корень /новый корень/sbin/инит"
если вы не знаете, где находится psxitarch, вы можете попробовать
mkdir letsee
смонтировать /dev/sda1
давайте посмотрим /
если файл там не отображается
размонтировать /dev/sda1
mount /dev/sda2 пусть видит
давайте посмотрим /
и так далее, если не sda попробуй sdb, sdc и т.д..
спасибо за подсказку, сработало.

Xonder

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Yeah, that's rancid(o)'s kernel, but it's 4.14. I ripped the config from that kernel to compile mine.

That one works, but being on 4.14, you don't have access to the good Mesa drivers.
Your BZ is not working on my 7215B.
I had this issue with 5.3.18 kernel from Nazky. Keeping the linux USB as the *only* usb plugged in before launching the payload gave me a proper display. Then you can plug in a keyboard or hub after startup. Hope that works for you.
Thank You!!! This works on my 7215B.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sorry if i jump on old tread but how to see what kind of wifi/bt have on my ps4? i remember i see it but i not remember the command...
i use fedora 38 with belize (but i haven't the module of the fix)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.