Hacking Question Ban/Superban Clarification

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon my ignorance, but after reading countless threads, there seems to be conflicting definitions of “Ban” and “Superban”.
  1. Is there a difference between “Ban” and “Superban”? If so, what are the differences?
  2. What services are actually banned when one experiences a “Ban” or “Superban”? Is it just online gameplay, or is access to game and content updates, such as DLC, also banned?

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pardon my ignorance, but after reading countless threads, there seems to be conflicting definitions of “Ban” and “Superban”.
  1. Is there a difference between “Ban” and “Superban”? If so, what are the differences?
  2. What services are actually banned when one experiences a “Ban” or “Superban”? Is it just online gameplay, or is access to game and content updates, such as DLC, also banned?
Strictly speaking, a 'ban' will only ban you from playing games online. You can still use eshop and other online functions on your switch. A superban or CDN ban will ban you from any online usage on your Switch, including eShop and even game and console updates. Apparantly Nintendo has made any CFW ban a superban, also.

Reactions: TiMeBoMb4u2

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ban = you cant play online anymore, but can buy on eshop, update console/game, download eshop bought content

superban = you cant do anything who is related to nintendo servers at all (so no eshop, update, no anything)

Reactions: TiMeBoMb4u2

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Initially soft bans blocked eShop and online play while CDN bans limited game and system updates. Around the time firmware 6.0 came out, game updates were moved behind dauth meaning that soft bans now restrict eShop, online play, and game updates while CDN bans only prevent system updates.

isoisoiso

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Initially soft bans blocked eShop and online play while CDN bans limited game and system updates. Around the time firmware 6.0 came out, game updates were moved behind dauth meaning that soft bans now restrict eShop, online play, and game updates while CDN bans only prevent system updates.
I didn't know that. I got a soft ban then.

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strictly speaking, a 'ban' will only ban you from playing games online. You can still use eshop and other online functions on your switch. A superban or CDN ban will ban you from any online usage on your Switch, including eShop and even game and console updates. Apparantly Nintendo has made any CFW ban a superban, also.
Aside from attempting to access the eShop, how would one know which type of ban has been given (I’m guessing the answer is: “You won’t know, until you try.”)?

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The difference between a regular ban and a superban is that one of them wears a cape and can fly around. You can bypass it by grounding pin 10 with kryptonite.

Stabbing it with a wooden stake is also effective.

Actually relevant part: Jokes aside, I remember reading that bans come in varying degrees of severity. Ranges from no online access at all to I think some eShop access but no online play? All I know is, ban severity can vary.
edit: everybody else explained it better. listen to them.

You can protect yourself and your switch from it by getting a superban vaccine. But because it mutates and changes every year, you need to get a new shot annually to retain your immunity.

Should you contract a Superban, you'll be vulnerable to shingles, electric attacks, computer viruses, Windows Update, and the flu after it passes.

Last edited by Taffy, , Reason: switched somewhat obscure weaknesses for a far better singular one

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
I downloaded nsp games and nsp updates for xci games, I never played online on these games I keep my system on airplane mode. I just want to go online to update my system ofw to 6.1.0 without autorcm and then put it back in sleep mode and install sx os back.

can I get superban just from going online to update the system and then go back to airplane mode?

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded nsp games and nsp updates for xci games, I never played online on these games I keep my system on airplane mode. I just want to go online to update my system ofw to 6.1.0 without autorcm and then put it back in sleep mode and install sx os back.

can I get superban just from going online to update the system and then go back to airplane mode?
From my understanding, yes; a ban or superban can happen while doing this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so