Hacking BannerBomb doesn't want to work!

Matando

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
comet77 said:
It might be the dol you are using.

Try the one from here but be careful with it. If you change the wrong thing you may brick your Wii.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyRegion_Changer

I'll try it, and report back.
smile.gif

*edit It didn't work Same old blank list of channels...

and note, the only files on the sd card(2gb therefore not SDHC to answer jonnynapalm who btw plz don't use all caps you'll get banned for "yelling") are the bannerbomb files and boot.dol(anyregionchanger).

Matando

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't matter there's nothing but bannerbomb's content.bin in the /private/wii/title/aktn/ folder and the boot.dol on the root, there's nothing to rename. there's no other files.

childgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello friends,

I had the SAME problem. I spent the better part of today going through EVERY aaf*zip file. I had system menu version 3.4U, and I upgraded it to 4.0U to test things out. Nothing worked. I decided to copy a Wii game data over to the SD just to test the damn card, and I noticed something.

Guess what I did to get BannerBomb to work?

Give up?

Come on, guess!

Ok, Ok, Ok!

I renamed the aktn folder to AKTN.

That's it.

I use my printer to access the SD card and I had to copy the private folder back to my Desktop in order to rename the folder. Once I popped it into the Wii, BOOM, it worked. I used the aad1f*zip file and BootMii to complete the HBC setup.

Hope that helps someone. I sent an email to the author with this message's contents.

blcpl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I have the same problem as Matando... I tried two different sd cards, all the different versions of the exploit, I've renamed the folder in allcaps, but no go... It doesn't freeze, it just shows an empty list of blocks. The guide warns about freezing, not about not showing up in the menu at all, so I don't know what could be the problem. Shouldn't the console display -something- while viewing the channel list?
Both cards work fine transferring saves to/from the console. I'm running 3.3E.

Matando

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I really wish you sent me a pm instead of resurrecting this old thread, but...

On your SD card right-click the content.bin file in bannerbomb's sub folders, and select "properties". Then near the "Properties" dialogue, make sure "Archive" is checked. If it isn't check it and try to load it up on your wii, it should solve your problem.

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guy might have a fucked up sd card. i had that problem i just put another sd card in and it worked.
the sd cards are the same but one worked and the other did not.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Archive bitsetting does nothing but catalogue the file for precisely that - archiving (in WINDOWS) for a backup.

The format and recopying is probably what worked, either that or the fact that bannerbomb is so hit and miss sometimes I'd reccomend people try each distro at least 2 or 3 times as opposed to once each. Sounds like a lot of work but saves us time helping you and once you get hbc installed you don't have to do it again.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
try updating to 4.1 then try again.

i had a lu64 wii with this same problem and an update cured the problem.

blcpl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Matando: sorry, I posted without thinking about it...

Anyway, the son of a ***** worked after I checked the "Archive" thinghy in the properties panel. (I had already tried with the capitalization and with swapping SD cards). I honestly don't know why or how, but whatever.

Thanks a lot!

Kratozero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am having the same problem with a friend's wii, it does not want to load any of the bannerbomb versions and we have already tried changing the folder name to ATKN.
Any help?

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Have you tried running an update? Do it even if you're already on 4.1

I can't say if i had the same problem has other people here, but i bought a new Wii with a 3.4 firmware on it., and none of the bannerbomb programs worked at all, so i did end up updating to the lastest official update at the time the update was 4.0, but after updating bannerbomb worked fine. so yea try what FenrirWolf said.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
FenrirWolf said:
Have you tried running an update? Do it even if you're already on 4.1

I can't say if i had the same problem has other people here, but i bought a new Wii with a 3.4 firmware on it., and none of the bannerbomb programs worked at all, so i did end up updating to the lastest official update at the time the update was 4.0, but after updating bannerbomb worked fine. so yea try what FenrirWolf said.

yea same here i had a lu64 wii on 4.0 and no bannnerbomb would work. an update through the wii settings to 4.1 solved the problem somehow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too