Barack Fu Officially Announced

upload_2018-6-29_12-1-33.png

Perhaps one of the hardest secrets I've had to keep, Barack Fu was today announced to be coming as an expansion for the hit game Shaq Fu. This might not be as much of a surprise as the developers were hoping for, details of the game leaking via its PSN trophies, and later getting datamined by curious individuals. Despite this, much of the desired shock and disbelief for what is ultimately an absurd idea built on top of a game I still struggle to believe exists is flying around social media. You can check out the announcement trailer below.

Having had a hands-on experience with this content when I went to London last month, I can tell you it is the sole reason I bought the game's physical edition. This expansion is an entirely new adventure through the eyes of a parodied Barack Obama (sadly not the man himself) and I dare say its humour outshines that of Shaq Fu itself. At the event, each member of staff I asked told me their preference for this over the base game, and I'm honestly sad it took them this long to announce it. If you picked up the physical version, the content should be available today for free on each platform. The expansion will eventually release to digital owners as DLC at a later date, so be patient and you'll get your ex-POTUS action before you know it.

:arrow: Shaq Fu Initial Impressions
:arrow: Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn Official GBAtemp Review
:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox

softwareengineer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol!! No way, they actually called him by his real name too (in the sub text)! BARRY say it with me now SOETORO!!! lol This is hilarious, I'm glad somebody has a sense of humor about good ol' barry! lol Barrack FU more like Barrack Fuck You! :D haha

shinrukus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you are all missing the point that you have to kill CON-YE as Barack Obama... And to be honest, after playing it (the irony is I can play it with the downloaded pirated Shaq-Fu, but not my actual legit one which was also free...) its a fairly decent game...

Adultery77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, it took 8 years to get rid of him.

I guess the premise of the game is "getting away with doing nothing". you just sit there earning points and achievements.

level 1 - ruin race relations
level 2 - get a nobel prze for doing nothing
level 3 - achieve only dancing on talk shows
level 4 - put kids in immigration camps and fly under the radar pinning it on trump
You're a complete idiot. Hard to pin anything on a president that doesn't exist yet.
Glad I come here to get away from politics... :'(

MadonnaProject

Trophies
XP
Country
You're a complete idiot. Hard to pin anything on a president that doesn't exist yet.
Glad I come here to get away from politics... :'(

Ah yes, the "all accepting" liberal. Calling me names for simply stating an opinion, which I stated in jest. If you came here to get away from politics why are you on a thread about a game about a president? Or is hypocrisy an in-born quality?

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But hey, surely it can't be worse than the original Shaq-Fu game from the 1990s.
It is worse. The original at least had support for two players. Even though the dev for the new one promised co-op during their indigogo, it still hasn't happened and this nonsense somehow took precedence over a feature that practically seems game-ruining for a traditional beat em up to be without. That's just the priorities of a personality cult at work, I suppose.

xiddus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, Obama really disappointed me - I signed up for change and for the most part just got more of the same. While I benefitted from healthcare changes, I don’t know why the opportunity wasn’t used to slam through Medicaid for all - then it could have benefitted so many others.

So he isn’t as much of a hero to me as many on the left seem to think - however even still I would so play this game if he fights orange trolls and Pepe frogs - ultimate boss fight is against trump but when you thought he was defeated his hair detached and reveals itself as an intelligent hostile alien creature who was sent to prepare earth for invasion and hijacked trump’s body for his mission - then the second phase of the boss fight begins against the alien hair thing.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe that in our current society Charles Barkley was shafted for Obama simply due to him suffering from HIV/AIDS, society still has a lot of hoops to score smh
Yeah, where's my Shut up and Jam Gaiden 2: search for more chicken fries with Chaos Dunk Extravaganza DLC ?

Reactions: DarthDub

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm okay with this so long as the God Emperor is a playable character and I can skip the whole Obama part of the game. Now that's the art of the deal!
That's satire, right? Because I can't imagine anybody calling an amoral 72-year-old obese slob "God Emperor" and being genuine about it. Even as enamored as the left was with Obama during his presidency they'd never use such cultish terms to describe him.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's satire, right? Because I can't imagine anybody calling an amoral 72-year-old obese slob "God Emperor" and being genuine about it. Even as enamored as the left was with Obama during his presidency they'd never use such cultish terms to describe him.
Of course he did, Obama was remarkably narcissistic and self-absorbed. So is President Daddy, but I forgive him for that - every dad says something silly and embarrassing every now and then, especially at the dinner table. anywho, this isn't a political thread, so don't bait people with less restraint than me. We can cut it short here and now.

Reactions: DarthDub

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Of course he did, Obama was remarkably narcissistic and self-absorbed. So is President Daddy, but I forgive him for that - every dad says something silly and embarrassing every now and then, especially at the dinner table.
Why are the roleplays just getting weirder and weirder? Ehh never mind, just consider that a rhetorical question. The answer would probably be depressing. :huh:

Reactions: Foxi4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol