Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A thread dedicated to the award winning classic, Batman: The Animated Series.

o_bat2.jpg

I remember when I was really young we were in our local Cub (grocery store) when my mom asked me which vhs I wanted. She had two different batman tapes in her hand. I don't exactly remember which one I picked, or even which episodes were on it. All I remember was batman kicking ass on some girders above the city (If anybody knows what episode that was, please tell). The series will be forever engraved in my memories and will hold a special place in my heart. Discuss the series and your memories with it
smile.gif

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PizzaPasta said:
Oh man! The first couple of series are still incredible. The art style was amazing back then.

Then it got all shiny and lame.

Great series though.
I love the series to death. Looking back on the series now, the writing was actually very mature.

Zendrik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would almost bet that this series single handedly made Batman my all time fav super hero. Granted, Batman was always super awesome. But this cartoon was definitely ahead of its time in animation, story telling, and faithfulness to the original source.

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cupajoe38 said:
I love the series to death. Looking back on the series now, the writing was actually very mature.

The writing in the first 20 or so episodes was by Paul Dini who wrote a lot of stuff for DC back in the day. On top of that you have a score by Danny Elfman and of course Mark Hamill.

That show was really good.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zendrik said:
I would almost bet that this series single handedly made Batman my all time fav super hero. Granted, Batman was always super awesome. But this cartoon was definitely ahead of its time in animation, story telling, and faithfulness to the original source.
This series played a part in shaping who I am today. Batman was so different from any other super hero, yet so similar. I loved how he was just a normal person and not some lightning struck/radioactive/alien/mutant.

QUOTE(PizzaPasta @ Jul 17 2008, 12:57 AM) The writing in the first 20 or so episodes was by Paul Dini who wrote a lot of stuff for DC back in the day. On top of that you have a score by Danny Elfman and of course Mark Hamill.

That show was really good.

It was also one of the first kids shows to have firearms and blood.
lecture.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I adored in the first couple of seasons, the Ren & Stimpy animation they used... where it was a very detailed scene, all one frame (almost painting like) with one or two sections of animation. In fact, at the end of the opening theme when Batman is standing on the building, and its just his cape flapping and the strike of lightening, THAT is the type of scene i loved.

I must look into picking up the DVDs.

Oh, and that show made Clayface one of my favorite all-time villains. (Sandman fits into that same category for me, with special thanks to Spiderman & His Amazing Friends, or whatever that 80's cartoon was heh.)

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
I adored in the first couple of seasons, the Ren & Stimpy animation they used... where it was a very detailed scene, all one frame (almost painting like) with one or two sections of animation. In fact, at the end of the opening theme when Batman is standing on the building, and its just his cape flapping and the strike of lightening, THAT is the type of scene i loved.

I must look into picking up the DVDs.

Oh, and that show made Clayface one of my favorite all-time villains. (Sandman fits into that same category for me, with special thanks to Spiderman & His Amazing Friends, or whatever that 80's cartoon was heh.)

Haha, I know what you mean. It was the type of illustration in Ren & Stimpy that was always reserved for the grossest scenes.

Clayface became I common insult amongst me and me friends.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I assume this thread is about the series that debuted in 1992. Intro sequence:

I thought the show was great (watched it again whenever it appeared on TV and unlike a lot of the shows the animation still stands), quite in fact the only that kept up with it was the xmen cartoon from about the same time.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191: Thank you. That small clip brought back sooooo many memories. As a matter of fact, I'm emailing the youtube link of that to my dad right now. We watched that show together ALL the time. Hmm. Just got a little misty-eyed thinking of that.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great cartoon
smile.gif
. I've been downloading the dvds , got up to volume 4 disc 1 (Volume 1-3 old batman , volume 4 new batman adventures) , only watched volume one so far. Too much batman , so little time
frown.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lagman said:
Oh, but that's from the sequel: The New Batman Adventures which IMHO is not as good.
I miss the 90's cartoons so much
tongue.gif

There was even an animation change midway through the run of the Animated Series that i thought brought it down a bit. The first 2 (or 3?) seasons are second to none. The rest of the series was still good... just not AS good. Batman & Robin was decent as well... but still, not to the caliber of those first couple of years.

Hell, even Batman Beyond was fun, and i DID enjoy that. But i miss me some gritty batman cartoons.

Oh, and i LOVED the ventrilloquist and the gangster puppet. Such a creepy plotline for a kid's cartoon. LOVED IT!

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
My 2 favourite animated Batman storylines are actually from the Justice League Unlimited series but require you to have some knowledge of Batman Beyond:
-the story where he travels to the future with Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter(?) and he meets his future-self and Terry from Batman Beyond
-the season ender to JLU season 2 where you find out who Terry's real father is (DUN DUN DUN)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8