Best Fighting Games Of All TIME !

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Agree with the inclusion of Killer Instinct (nothing to do with nostalgia, performing a combo in that game 10 years after its release feels just as good as it did back then), of course I was happy to see Marvel VS Capcom 2 so high on that list because, seriously, that game is a dream come true to any Marvel and Capcom fanboy but stroke me as odd that they chose SF3 over SFA3. Haven't played SF3 myself, but I heard that SFA3 is more mainstream and people prefer it over SF3. Street Fighter Alpha 3 represents the pure esence of perfection in a game balancing technique with button mashing.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oooooh I love Killer Instinct. Has to be the arcade though, not that SNES version. Great for it's time. I guess that's why I have it in my house as my JAMMA/MAME setup. I agree with you beautifulbeast -- still fun to play and pull off huge Ultras with Fulgore, and especially his machine gun ultimate. One of the main reasons I bought the N64 ("Available for your home in 1995, only on Nintendo Ultra 64!"-- too bad they never released it like they promised.

mortal kombat went downhill after the original 3rd

You mean UMK3.

3D Mortal Kombats sucked. Hard.

~Nero

No, I think he means MK3 -- before they made it "Ultimate".

I never liked 3D Mortal Kombats either.

Edit: Posts edited together, duplicate deleted. Don't double post.
lecture.gif
- Ace

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've never played a Mortal Kombat before. I've never heard of the friendship move in the sequel. It looks hilarious.

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personal Favourites

1. Virtua Fighters ( 3TB my favourite ) Sega
2. Project Justice ( Rival Schools 2 ) by Capcom
3. Undecided
frown.gif
( Jump Ultimate Stars, Bleach DS 2nd, Super Smash Brothrs )

Other fighters worth mentioning
Fatal Fury Garou
Street Fighter
Chou Dragon Ball Z ( really great fighter if you actually learn the mecanics )

There are so many fighters but at the moment this is my list

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am I really the only fan of the Guilty Gear series here?
Seriously?

Well, at least they put it on the list I guess...

The list is alright for the most part, although I don't think putting 2D fighters and 3D fighters on the list was a good idea, they play a bit differently.

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best three fighting games in my personal order.
1. Street Fighter II Turbo
2. Marvel vs Capcom 2
3. Super Smash Bros. Melee

i agree that street fighter ii turbo was the best of the street fighters - loved it. and those days of kicking ass in MVC2 on the dreamcast were great.

i can't believe no one has mentioned Soul Calibur yet, i thought it was LEGENDARY for the dreamcast (best of the series IMO).

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
i'm not fan of fighting games but Tekken 3 and MK2 & 3 are the ones if i want to play a fighting game.

and i like pixel art of KoF series, but since i donno their moves, i suck at them.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I would take out DOA and SSBM from that list and put Garou: Mark of The Wolves and KOF98 in their places.. a list of the best fighting games without a SNK game is like a list of the best RPG games without a Square-enix game.. :/

SSBM is a fun game.. but I don't think it is that great.. and a totally different style, it's hard to compare it to "normal" fighting games..

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
SSBM should be higher up on that list. At least within the top 5.

Anyone that says otherwise is either an idiot or has never played the game. Or both.

A lot of people, myself included, don't consider SSBM to be a real fighter. I consider it in a genre of its own, a "party fighter" if you will. There are many games in this category, and I consider Super Smash Bros. Melee to be at the top of the list, but I wouldn't call it a true fighting game.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SSBM should be higher up on that list. At least within the top 5.

Anyone that says otherwise is either an idiot or has never played the game. Or both.

A lot of people, myself included, don't consider SSBM to be a real fighter. I consider it in a genre of its own, a "party fighter" if you will. There are many games in this category, and I consider Super Smash Bros. Melee to be at the top of the list, but I wouldn't call it a true fighting game.
But wouldn't "party fighter" just be a subcategory of "fighter"? Thus placing SSBM within the boundaries needed to be on the list of the best fighting games? : D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: