Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Urza said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Urza said:
The wii hands down. The wii is the only system these days that doesn't just recycle the same 5 games over and over again as well is the must original idea to come out. As well the games on the Wii don't rely on Online gameplay as it's soul reason for their games to be fun.
Unlike the 360 where all it's games are anti-social online only and just 5 generic game types. As well just throwing in ideas that really don't appeal to anyone with a brain like the kinect which is just plain silly. With the PS3, all Sony is doing is throwing shit onto that just so they can say "Hey look we can do this too you know!
Quite the blatant example of an ignorant fanboy.

Fan boy, no. I am just pointing something out. Quite honestly i don't give a shit about the current systems since I have owned all three at one point in time.
If I had to choose a system I would rather choose the SNES or the PS2 over any of them.

Claiming that the 360's entire library is designed for "anti-socials" is not ignorance? Maybe you're not familiar with the definition of the word:
CODEthe state or fact of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc.
Do you have any statistics or information that backs up the 360 promoting anti-social tendencies any more than your aforementioned SNES or PS2? The fact that you would make such claims also leads me to believe that this definition applies to you (I'll leave you to figure out what the word is):
CODE
a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.

You also bring up the Kinect and Move, stating that they "don't appeal to anyone with a brain." What are Wiimotes but an implementation of Move from the past? One could argue that the Wii's entire gimmick has led to a platform fraught with shovelware and an overall lack of decent games, with the few good games plagued by clearly forced mechanics, detracting from the experience. Game quality is subjective of course, but those are my views.

So on the off-chance that you're willing to educate yourself, why not try clicking that link posted by emigre, showing yourself that there are more than "5 recycled game concepts" on the competing platforms of your beloved Wii, lest I have to publicly mock you again.
By anti-Social I simply mean that I have yet to see that many games with offline multi-player. Must of the games I see for the 360 are just online only. Which doesn't in my book make it social since now the only way to play a game with friends is through online, which to me doesn't make it social.
And as I said, I am not just fan of the Wii, I never cared for the motion control and I never will. It's nice and when it works it's fun as hell, but at times it's just seems thrown in to show it off.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Urza said:
Urza said:
The wii hands down. The wii is the only system these days that doesn't just recycle the same 5 games over and over again as well is the must original idea to come out. As well the games on the Wii don't rely on Online gameplay as it's soul reason for their games to be fun.
Unlike the 360 where all it's games are anti-social online only and just 5 generic game types. As well just throwing in ideas that really don't appeal to anyone with a brain like the kinect which is just plain silly. With the PS3, all Sony is doing is throwing shit onto that just so they can say "Hey look we can do this too you know!
Quite the blatant example of an ignorant fanboy.

Fan boy, no. I am just pointing something out. Quite honestly i don't give a shit about the current systems since I have owned all three at one point in time.
If I had to choose a system I would rather choose the SNES or the PS2 over any of them.

Claiming that the 360's entire library is designed for "anti-socials" is not ignorance? Maybe you're not familiar with the definition of the word:
CODEthe state or fact of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc.
Do you have any statistics or information that backs up the 360 promoting anti-social tendencies any more than your aforementioned SNES or PS2? The fact that you would make such claims also leads me to believe that this definition applies to you (I'll leave you to figure out what the word is):
CODE
a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.

You also bring up the Kinect and Move, stating that they "don't appeal to anyone with a brain." What are Wiimotes but an implementation of Move from the past? One could argue that the Wii's entire gimmick has led to a platform fraught with shovelware and an overall lack of decent games, with the few good games plagued by clearly forced mechanics, detracting from the experience. Game quality is subjective of course, but those are my views.

So on the off-chance that you're willing to educate yourself, why not try clicking that link posted by emigre, showing yourself that there are more than "5 recycled game concepts" on the competing platforms of your beloved Wii, lest I have to publicly mock you again.
By anti-Social I simply mean that I have yet to see that many games with offline multi-player. Must of the games I see for the 360 are just online only. Which doesn't in my book make it social since now the only way to play a game with friends is through online, which to me doesn't make it social.
And as I said, I am not just fan of the Wii, I never cared for the motion control and I never will. It's nice and when it works it's fun as hell, but at times it's just seems thrown in to show it off.

The key to success is local multiplayer
lecture.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the 50 top-selling Xbox 360 games:
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/w...360_video_games

Of the top twenty, sixteen have multiplayer capability. Of those sixteen, fourteen have local multiplayer. For shit's and giggles, let's look at the Wii's:
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/w...Wii_video_games

Of these top twenty, fifteen have multiplayer capability. Of those fifteen, fourteen have local multiplayer.

In conclusion, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. That is, my good sir, the definition of ignorance.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Urza said:
Here's the 50 top-selling Xbox 360 games:
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/w...360_video_games

Of the top twenty, sixteen have multiplayer capability. Of those sixteen, fourteen have local multiplayer. For shit's and giggles, let's look at the Wii's:
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/w...Wii_video_games

Of these top twenty, fifteen have multiplayer capability. Of those fifteen, fourteen have local multiplayer.

In conclusion, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. That is, my good sir, the definition of ignorance.
Fair enough, I seem to have made a jerk of myself and will leave it at that.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In a couple of months I guess the PS3 will be the best in both graphics as hackable ways.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza, you never have anything positive to say, and if he said he liked the system you did you wouldn't have said anything.

In a thread where people share their OPINIONS, you're trying to persuade someone to think like you... Who's the real fanboy?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Urza, you never have anything positive to say, and if he said he liked the system you did you wouldn't have said anything.

In a thread where people share their OPINIONS, you're trying to persuade someone to think like you... Who's the real fanboy?
Normally I'd agree with this, but he's actually just taught a very good lesson. AGLCB was a little uninformed, he just set him straight.

Waynes1987

Trophies
XP
Country
The only thing the Wii is good for is convincing fat kids that they can lose weight by gaming. Other than that its a pointless machine to me, Going mainly on whats available and my interest in the games available. As well as my general hate for motion Play.

I vote 360. Based on games available, Price, And connectivity lol.
I would check the wii out if i was given one for a while though, Perhaps my hate of it is missplaced.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
meh I think each one serves a purpose

wii: homebrew/easy backup and online play

360: great online support, exclusive titles, fps, etc

ps3: great multimedia/blu-ray 3d device, exclusive titles, online, meh

to each their own, or if you can get all three!

have a wiips360 setup, lol not really.

edit: since I have to pick, personally I like the ps3 for its shear multimedia prowess but then again each person has their preference.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
tagzard said:
screw the wii. vote for xbox 360
If you're gonna make a poll, vote in it. Don't force opinions.

I'm gonna say Wii mainly because of originality. Apparently, the 360 and PS3 only live through shooters.

I wouldn't call that true thats like saying the Wii only lives through shovelware absolute crap.

I vote Ps3 just cause of the exclusives are better than all the other console exlusives.

Wii comes in second though

And wtf why are u making topics that everyone has already made about seven times?

Oooh and one more thing Why do you post this here the forumn is almost solely based on Nintendo Consoles who do you think is gonna win?

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't honestly vote for any of them, because they all have equal ups and downs. And since I have them all, I don't feel bias.

Wii: Modding is a plus, but lack of games is a downer
PS3: Good selection of exclusive games, but nobody I know has a PS3, so MP is sorely lacking for me.
360: Great Party chat selection, but great games are far and few between.

I use my Wii for casual gaming, my PS3 for games I can't play on 360, and 360 for party chat with my clan and MP games.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:

My statements in this thread have nothing to do with opinion (except where explicitly marked). Cat Boy made a factually incorrect claim, which I corrected.

Perhaps you might try actually reading my posts, so you can clear your own ignorance.
lecture.gif

user0002

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I haven't tried xbox360 or PS3 so I can't comment on those consoles and therefore I won't vote. But I bought a Wii over a year ago and I have to say I've been disappointed. The selection of games available to Wii is pretty lousy, there aren't many good and interesting games. Only the softmodding possibility made the console barely worth the money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: