Homebrew Best/Optimal 3DS Version?

D

Deleted-379826

Sorry for bothering you guys so much but, there must be a beginners guide as how to homebrew and such work right?

I mean i have many (probably simple to you) questions XD It's cool

Like where do i play on the original Eshop on my start page. or do i use homebrew version? there are multiple homebrew shops. Where do you play it? It'll be on the home menu!

and how does installing games work exactly, like regular DS and 3DS. For DS, the normal way you use your flashcard or if you have the game in the cartridge icon on homemenu. 3DS you go into Freeshop and click on the game you want then download. It'll download and install then it'll be on the homemenu!

Is it safe to be connected to the internet all the time? i've read that some people got banned playing Pokemon Sun&Moon. Those (including me) weren't the smartest and chose to play online *before release* so yeah you are safe

If there is some sort of website or forum post that'd be awesome.
or do i just need to keep bothering people with stupid questions XD

muzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
2 Questions left, bear with me :)

1. can i download the games on Freeshop to my PC instead of 3ds and add it? (3DS download speeds are so slow :mellow:)

2. What about regular DS games? how do i play them? Roms? i've downloaded some....if not how?

D

Deleted User

The optimal version is 10.7 for CFWs. You can get to 9.2 to install them as well.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. can i download the games on Freeshop to my PC instead of 3ds and add it? (3DS download speeds are so slow :mellow:)
yes then you can use fbi to install the cia files you get from . . . that 3ds related iso website i cant name here
2. What about regular DS games? how do i play them? Roms? i've downloaded some....if not how?
you need ds roms and your ds flashcard should now work if not then install this .cia . . . R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

I...I really hope you already installed a CFW.
he did read the entire thread . . . its only a page and a half

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: samiam144

muzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Now that i've installed the CFW successfully with Homebrew, FBI and Luma3DS what are the Do and Don'ts?
What are the things i should watch out for? like can i play games from different regions? etc etc etc..

D

Deleted-379826

Now that i've installed the CFW successfully with Homebrew, FBI and Luma3DS what are the Do and Don'ts? For Luma don't change any patched and for FBI don't do anything other than install cias or use the Title dB feature
What are the things i should watch out for? like can i play games from different regions? etc etc etc.. uhhh could you individually ask? As for out of region you're fine.

muzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I meant very basic things i should know, like is it ok if i play online against other players? or things that can lead to a ban or something like that.

Otherwise i'll assume i can use all services 3DS and the games offer.

P.S. TheVinAnator i always thought you didn't reply but just quoted me, instead you wrote your reply in my quote's XD

Last edited by muzo,
D

Deleted-379826

I meant very basic things i should know, like is it ok if i play online against other players? or things that can lead to a ban or something like that.

Just pretend it's stock :P

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

P.S. TheVinAnator i always thought you didn't reply but just quoted me, instead you wrote your reply in my quote's XD

Just pretend it's stock :P
just to add to this you can use all 3ds game services available as well as (nearly) all the goodies cfw offers (just dont use in game cheats online or play games before they release. . . . or you will get a ban)

if you want you can read up on most of the useful homebrew apps you now have access to
Helpful 3DS homebrew threads/links! (Always updating!)

Reactions: Deleted-379826

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...