• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Wack0

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice batch coding.
The basis of this is nusd (command line version) by wiiNinja and WB3000, NusFoldersRenamer by Erik Spyder and this code (just c/p'd from 4.2U, which you can change for your needs):
Code:
echo Downloading System Menu 4.2U
nusd 0000000100000002 481
move 0000000100000002000000100000002.wad Copy_To_SD\WAD\4.2U_Systemmenu_v481.wad
ren 0000000100000002 0000000100000002v481
NusFoldersRenamer.exe
rd /s /q 0000000100000002v481

No need to use the program in your guide, just make your own .. but if you only need the wad, miss out the rename and the NusFoldersRenamer, and change the rd command. Ofcourse move it into the place & as the file that would be needed.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Wack0, yea its definitely not hard to make your own, and any1 should feel free to do so if they like.

But v2 goes above and beyond version 1, a lot more features, so I would encourage anyone to try out v2 (once its released... shortly) before deciding to make their own (but in the end if thats what u want to do, then by all means)

also, to anyone wanting to see the code in its entirety, just download the package and rename the *.bin file to *.txt and view it in notepad.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
If anyone wants to test the release candidate of version 2, PM me

otherwise it should be released in a couple days

this offer still open, if so ill test this as i way to dump each SM to separate cards to find my true love(SM that is) lol, if not im happy with V1

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
thanks man! I love hearing feedback like that!

FYI, since the last beta I sent you I added an upside-down HBC fix and no vulnerable IOS solution, i decided to add those last second
biggrin.gif

also, I added a couple funny Easter eggs to the main menu, happy hunting
biggrin.gif

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"This can automatically download all the files you need to install your choice of system menu 4.2 (U/E/J/K), 4.1 (U/E/J/K) or 3.2 (U/E/J)."

I have Priiloader v0_3b and bootmii installed as well as a NAND backup, can I switch to 4.2U system menu and change back to 3.2U if I want to in case I don't like 4.2U?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
there's no point to being on 4.0

4.1 is better in everyway, and I would never recommend any1 ever being on 4.0

i'm even on 4.2, and it works perfectly...

besides, if u really want to download 4.0 system menu, u can go to user-defined custom download (advanced), select "SM" for system menu, then just type in the version # you want (3 digits)... or u can just use nus downloader, lol

gogorman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question.
I have a fully modded PAL Wii on 4.1. I brought the Wii to the USA from the UK.
I had planned to use Any Region Changer to change the region to USA and the System Menu to the USA one.
Would it be best to do that, then use this to upgrade the 3.2 System menu that Any Region Changer gives you to 4.1?
Would there be an easier way?
Also, if I DO use this (and Any region Changer) will my Wii still remain modded? I assume it will as I will not be deleting any IOS's yes? Or will I have to re-mod it by modifying IOS's again?
Thanks!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
what do u want to region change in the first place? u properly modded wii can play games of all regions... so what would be the point?

this wont touch your cios's (unless u stupidly install a stub IOS), so by using this program to update, you will leave your cios's intact

gogorman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
what do u want to region change in the first place? u properly modded wii can play games of all regions... so what would be the point?

this wont touch your cios's (unless u stupidly install a stub IOS), so by using this program to update, you will leave your cios's intact

Thanks for the reply.
The reason i wanted to change the region is because others in my family use the channels that come with the Wii - particularly the Weather Channel.
The Weather Channel does not work properly as you can't change the default city etc. to one in the USA - only European ones.
I know the Wii will handle any region games, those are not a problem.
Just the Weather Channel really.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Personally I've never even tried to region change, it should be safe but i'm not 100%.... but in your case, what I would do is create an Opera Internet forwarder channel (like the ones HERE), and have it set up to take u directly to your fav weather website for your region... but that would mean u still wouldn't have the forecast channel... so its up to you, just make sure to do your research before region changing (unless u have bootmii as boot2 w/ nand back up, then go nuts)

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
"This can automatically download all the files you need to install your choice of system menu 4.2 (U/E/J/K), 4.1 (U/E/J/K) or 3.2 (U/E/J)."

I have Priiloader v0_3b and bootmii installed as well as a NAND backup, can I switch to 4.2U system menu and change back to 3.2U if I want to in case I don't like 4.2U?

so can I switch back and forth the system menu? thanks

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
bnm81002 said:
bnm81002 said:

so can I switch back and forth the system menu? thanks

Just make sure you have a Working NAND backup and Bootmii as boot2, then mess along and the worst case if you fuck up, just restore and play again.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
its pretty safe to do even if u don't have bootmii as boot2 (only risk is losing power or if u are installing files off of a shitty USB and it goes to sleep at the wrong time), just make sure u install the system menu IOS, THEN the system menu itself... and remember, reinstalling the system menu effectively uninstalls priiloader, so you should reinstall it right away especially if u only have bootmii as IOS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: