Homebrew [Beta] Thenaya - TagMo for 3DS

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can also say that this does work on o3DS as well. My NFC reader/writer adapter came in, and it painlessly dumped my Smash Mewtwo's data. I know I can order some Ntag215 cards and get all the amiibo copies I want.

TakashiShaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main thing (as I see it) is writing data from an Amiibo to a blank NFC tag, which is the thing inside an Amiibo that makes it work. (You can get packs of them online.) Got a backup of a golden Mario? Write it to a blank tag and boom, 3ds/WiiU/Switch will think the tag is a golden Mario. Forever. It'll function exactly the same as the real thing.

It can also dump (backup) an amiibo. This includes both what type of amiibo it is and game data, like Smash Bros fighter data. Want to use the same Amiibo on different games? Just keep a backup for each game and write it back to the Amiibo when you want to switch games.

The only thing it can't do is change an Amiibo/written tag from one type to another. That is a limitation of how these NFC tags work. You can't turn your golden Mario into a Peach. That would be weird.
Ahh, okay! Thank you so much ^^ I was really confused, and that really helped.

Reactions: Cralex

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@HiddenRambler I tested making two Zelda amiibo tags. I then set one of them up in Smash Bros and stored some app data on it. I then backed it up and tried restoring it to the other Zelda tag. I tried restoring the app data to the tag both before and after initializing it in Smash Bros. and both attempts gave a game data corrupt message when attempting to scan. This also happened to me with TagMo as well. It does not seem that you can transfer app data between Amiibo, even if it's the same model.

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by Kleyon,

HiddenRambler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@HiddenRambler I tested making two Zelda amiibo tags. I then set one of them up in Smash Bros and stored some app data on it. I then backed it up and tried restoring it to the other Zelda tag. I tried restoring the app data to the tag both before and after initializing it in Smash Bros. and both attempts gave a game data corrupt message when attempting to scan. This also happened to me with TagMo as well. It does not seem that you can transfer app data between Amiibo, even if it's the same model.

Not compatible with the Same model? that is weird. Will need check it out. If you think about it this is what is happenning when you create a new tag from a dump which already has some game data. so not sure why this wouldnt work. Will need to do some testing, but busy at the moment.

Just a question concerning 572b dumps, cause seems like these dumps should be supported : https://github.com/HiddenRambler/Thenaya/commit/fe73d6cca28a991b154fa74ed184c77b9d567aac

But a friend of mine tested it (actually waiting my NFC reader/writer for O3DS) and seems like 572b dumps aren't recognized at all

Just tried it out with a 572b dump, seemed to work fine? You sure he tried the latest version?

The main thing (as I see it) is ...

Hey @Cralex, mind if i quote this description in the OP?

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes I think he used the latest version. I will ask him to be sure. Maybe it was a corrupted dump so ? Thanks for testing it !

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not compatible with the Same model? that is weird. Will need check it out. If you think about it this is what is happenning when you create a new tag from a dump which already has some game data. so not sure why this wouldnt work. Will need to do some testing, but busy at the moment.
Yeah, I understand the underlying process. Could it be that game data itself may have a check or reference to that specific amiibo it's written to? Also, I've only tried this with Smash Bros and Twilight Princess HD save data, neither transferred to a new amiibo. Should be easily tested by just making two tags from the same dump and then trying to transfer game data from one tag to the other.

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I could make one suggestion... maybe add the CIA as its own download so that we could make a QR code to scan with FBI?

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I could make one suggestion... maybe add the CIA as its own download so that we could make a QR code to scan with FBI?

Try this one, from it's entry on https://www.titledb.com

Edit: the first one I posted was cropped poorly and wouldn't scan. Here's a new one:

c55d62263b4aaf6f8775737f6fe06981.png

Since it's on the above site, it can also be found with FBI's own TitleDB feature or using the Homebr3w app.

Last edited by Cralex,
Reactions: Kleyon

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
WITH the latest update I tried writing a wolf link with 20 hearts dump to my actual wolf link amiibo it says it was successful but when I scan it on my Switch is says the amiibo is corrupted and needs to be reset, is there any reason for this?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WITH the latest update I tried writing a wolf link with 20 hearts dump to my actual wolf link amiibo it says it was successful but when I scan it on my Switch is says the amiibo is corrupted and needs to be reset, is there any reason for this?
We're discussing that a few posts above, feel free to read the rest of this page to get caught up.

Reactions: Naked_Snake

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought some of these tags but they keep coming up with a failed writing UDID
Has anybody got any solutions
https://www.jaycar.com.au/spare-13-56mhz-rfid-nfc-card/p/ZZ8978
I do t have an android but my dad does so I can use that if need be

I'm guessing that the problem is that those aren't NTAG215 tags. (Correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't see it mentioned in the product information.) Amiibo, apparently, only work with one specific type of tag variety, NTAG215. When I ordered mine, I just searched for that and it gave me tags that work. Some item descriptions will even outright mention being "Amiibo compatible."

Last edited by Cralex,

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm guessing that the problem is that those aren't NTAG215 tags. (Correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't see it mentioned in the product information.) Amiibo, apparently, only work with one specific type of tag variety, NTAG215. When I ordered mine, I just searched for that and it gave me tags that work. Some item descriptions will even outright mention being "Amiibo compatible."
Thanks, good think I kept the receipt than, there is no where to get them in Australia except from the internet and I was impatient lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1