Gaming Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Discussion thread

themperror

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
binding-isaac-afterbirth-1.jpg

Did you buy it for the Switch or other platforms?

How are you liking the game so far?

Anything you dislike?

Any weird or cool things that happened?

Bugs/Crashes?

Nice information source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/

Last edited by themperror,

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd never played it before but bought it on Switch even though I have it on my 3ds and the Vita version if I wanted to. I've played maybe two hours and I'm enjoying it.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't read much about it but I understand it's got daily challenges which is cool. I'll have to read up on it a bit to find out things like what the coin machine is for. I don't even know how to buy stuff in the shop rooms. I tried all the buttons but I keep walking over the stuff.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't read much about it but I understand it's got daily challenges which is cool. I'll have to read up on it a bit to find out things like what the coin machine is for. I don't even know how to buy stuff in the shop rooms. I tried all the buttons but I keep walking over the stuff.
The more coins you put into the machine, the better the shop gets. Like it starts with two items and a limited variety, but I think it goes up to five items. Also you walk over items to buy them, assuming you have enough money.

TrueMrHacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm debating to get it on the switch or not because I already have it on pc and I'm already so far into the game

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always seen praise for the game since release but never picked it up myself. I watched some reviews before I bought it, knowing how it controls. If you had to shoot with the buttons for example, I don't think I'd have bought it on switch. I've had it for ages on my 3ds - downloaded from freeshop. With the very nice switch screen and how the game controls and by looking at the game on youtube I felt it was worth it. It's not hard seeing what you're buying so I felt pretty confident in my purchase. I'm not disappointed. I bought Gonner at release but that game was just too hard for me. Snake Pass was fun up to level 8 where it gets so frustrating it just stops being fun. I bought and played through Lego City which was ok for one playthrough. I stand by my purchase but thinking about it I could've skipped that. Bought and loving Rabbids but I've requested for a refund and looking to buy the physical version (I really love it). I want to see what they say after having played it for a few hours. I am within my 14 days rights so that should be interesting. I bought Tetris and played half way through the campaign. I was never interested in battling others but I've sort of rediscovered the game after winning a few online battles. I play it now and then. I picked up Isaac after reading how much time people were putting into it. I may not play it for 500 hours like some maniacs but I can enjoy coming back to it. It's depth is on another level. I've seen other roguelikes such as Spelunky and those are all great but I'm not really playing these types of games. I still thought Isaac looked cool on youtube. I don't think it would've mattered much but I read the 3ds version was only 30fps and while I seriously love the 3D effect in pretty much any game I still wanted it on the nice switch screen. I think it's a tad bit too expensive on switch. I don't know how much dlc is included in this version but I think it should be priced down to 25-30 dollars. Anways, if I see a game I want I'll pay for it IF it's the version I want :D

Played it some more. I'm surprised how addicting it is to try again after dying. I usually ragequit at these types of games. I don't really play roguelikes at all. I don't know, it's just enjoyable.

Last edited by isoboy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F