Hacking Black Screen when Wii turns on!

Miles54321

OP
Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
My Wii basically won't display the "press a button to continue screen" I turn it on and get absolutely nothing on my screen! I purchased savemii and it has the red and green LEDS on when I turn it on. I then tried PriiLoader and before it gave me loads of stack dump errors but now it works. the wiimote however will not work at all, it is not responding despite the fact that I have new batteries. The 4 lights flash several times like more than 20 with fully charged wii batteries then the lights just go off completely instead of one staying on! This hasn't happened before, I tried the sync buttons pressed both at the same time and nothing happens! I feel this problem is due to the problem with the wii so the wiimote itself should be fine!

I also held all buttons on the Gamecube Controller whilst it was in Port 4 but nothing happened!

Final Note: If Prii Loader worked but Save Mii couldn't sort it out and flashed red and green when I put it in does this help to identify what problem i may have at all?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe a bluetooth problem?

Although you said you can get in to priiloader so can you get to the homebrew channel from it (navigate using a gamecube controller.)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Your wiimote sounds like it is not (or not anymore) connected to your wii. I'm not sure if you can resync it in the priiloader menu (read: push the button on the wii next to the SD card slot, then the wiimote button next to the battery), but that's okay: you can navigate priiloader fine with a gamecube controller (assuming port 1, it can always be used).

Next, as zizer says: use priiloader to boot the HBC. If syncing the wiimote didn't work in priiloader, it certainly will work in the homebrew channel menu.

...but that still leaves you with the problem of not being able to boot your wii normally. Just to be sure: which priiloader hacks do you have enabled? (if any)

Obviously, the autoboot should be set to 'system menu' to load the system menu. But IIRC there is also a maintenance mode hack that makes the wii not boot into the system menu. Other than that...

Assuming all the previous settings are normal and you are able to boot the HBC...then perhaps your system menu got corrupted. Use modmii to reinstall it.

(I'll give details for what to do exactly if you give us more info on what you can and cannot do
smile.gif
).

Miles54321

OP
Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Damn! This time when I tried to go into Priiloader, and I let go of the reset button! the screen came up with a green light covering the bottom 1/3 of the screen! and then it went black again, before it didn't do that, prii loader would just stay on but i couldnt move at all!

This time however I held down the reset button and I could move on the screen with the gamecube controller, just tried with wii mote and actually that works too

UPDATE!: I go to the HBC channel it says: "Error, maybe title not installed?"

I also tried through the "Launch Title" option and I select the HBC and I get a white screen with the light on the Wii still flashing blue

Miles54321

OP
Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Also, here's an extra update, I also just pushed in all the buttons on the Gamecube controller Dpad and it was in Port 4!

However the grey rubber plastic was still on, do I really need to remove that in order to do the test?
I may be doing the "hold down all d pad buttons" wrong, due top the grey plastic still being on, what do you think guys?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's certainly possible, yes. But I'd keep from breaking your gamecube controller until all other options are exhausted.

It sounds like something went messy on your wii's nand* (that's the internal hard drive). Since priiloader works, I'd use that to reinstall the homebrew channel somehow. Just download it here and put the boot.elf on your SD card. From within priiloader, search for a way to load that boot.elf. Once that is installed, you should be able to load the homebrew channel correctly.

*okay, to be completely honest, the way you post reminds me of some guy who just invented random problems for us to solve (that, or he bought a wii straight from the devil). But I'll give you the credit of the doubt
smile.gif

Miles54321

OP
Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Wever said:
It's certainly possible, yes. But I'd keep from breaking your gamecube controller until all other options are exhausted.

It sounds like something went messy on your wii's nand* (that's the internal hard drive). Since priiloader works, I'd use that to reinstall the homebrew channel somehow. Just download it here and put the boot.elf on your SD card. From within priiloader, search for a way to load that boot.elf. Once that is installed, you should be able to load the homebrew channel correctly.

*okay, to be completely honest, the way you post reminds me of some guy who just invented random problems for us to solve (that, or he bought a wii straight from the devil). But I'll give you the credit of the doubt
smile.gif

I need more help understanding what to do! I extracted Hack Mii onto the SD Card root and installed "Boot.elf" and "Bootmini.elf", using the "Load/Install File" menu! I then tried the HBC but got the same: "Error, maybe title not installed?" message. I think i've done it wrong! Could you give me a tutorial on where i'm meant to go and are those HackMii files the ones I need to install?

Also, I get a: "Could not find fat:/bootmii/armboot.bin" message when I try the BootMii_IOS option

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No you have to load the file. When you are in the list of what file to install, install the boot.elf (not bootmini.elf) then you have to choose "load installed file" (or something along those lines)

Also, you said you already bought a savemii, so what is the point of doing the gamecube dpad thing? Don't they both do the same thing?

Miles54321

OP
Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
person66 said:
No you have to load the file. When you are in the list of what file to install, install the boot.dol (not bootmini.dol) then you have to choose "load installed file" (or something along those lines)

Also, you said you already bought a savemii, so what is the point of doing the gamecube dpad thing? Don't they both do the same thing?

Oh, ok, no need to do the Gamecube thing! It's just that I get no version number in my bottom right when I switch it on!

Also, I downloaded the HackMii Installer v0.8 and I saw Boot.elf and bootmini.elf, they're not .dol files are they ok?

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Miles54321 said:
person66 said:
No you have to load the file. When you are in the list of what file to install, install the boot.dol (not bootmini.dol) then you have to choose "load installed file" (or something along those lines)

Oh, ok, no need to do the Gamecube thing! It's just that I get no version number in my bottom right when I switch it on!

Also, I downloaded the HackMii Installer v0.8 and I saw Boot.elf and bootmini.elf, they're not .dol files are they ok?
Sorry, I meant .elf, I just wrote .dol by accident

Miles54321

OP
Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
person66 said:
No you have to load the file. When you are in the list of what file to install, install the boot.elf (not bootmini.elf) then you have to choose "load installed file" (or something along those lines)

I tried to load it after I installed boot.elf and my wii light repeatedly flashes blue while it still stays: "Loading File"

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Load syscheck from priiloader and post the report here, perhaps it will give some clues. Also try to disable any priiloader hacks, like the black screen hack, etc.

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Miles54321 said:
mauifrog said:
Load syscheck from priiloader and post the report here, perhaps it will give some clues. Also try to disable any priiloader hacks, like the black screen hack, etc.

i looked in priiloader and couldn't find it in the "launch title"section
Load it the same way you did the hackmii installer.
The dol can be found here: Download

Miles54321

OP
Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
person66 said:
Miles54321 said:
mauifrog said:

i looked in priiloader and couldn't find it in the "launch title"section
Load it the same way you did the hackmii installer.
The dol can be found here: Download

Ok, I loaded it the same way I did the HackMii installer but I got a loading screen and the blue light was flashing and it wouldn't go past this screen. My wii won't load installed files for some reason. This is pretty serious!

P.S: I also tried putting bootmii/armboot.bin on my SD card and Bootmii still wouldn't work for some reason

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/40XQ8L9wsCA?si=GzpPBaHQQLU0plt_ Neat