Bloomberg reports tech details of 4K Nintendo Switch model, release window and pricing

Nintendo_Switch_logo,_horizontal.png

After rumors about Sony shutting down the digital store of some of its older platforms, new rumors emerged today, but this time about Nintendo's upgraded Switch. According to a new report from Bloomberg, according to "people familiar with the matter", the rumored Switch Pro will use "an upgraded Nvidia chip with better graphics and processing". This chipset will provide the new Switch model with better CPU and increased memory. It will also support Nvidia’s Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS) which uses A.I. to efficiently deliver higher-fidelity graphics.

The report notes that since DLSS support requires new code to be added to games, this feature will be mainly used to enhance the graphics of upcoming titles. This information comes from the aforementioned sources and "multiple game developers".

This new Switch upgrade will apparently also feature an upgraded 7-inch OLED display from Samsung. The new NVIDIA chip will also reportedly "reproduce game visuals at 4K quality when plugged into a TV".

Bloomberg also mentions that this new Switch model is planned to release for the end of year shopping season, with analysts tipping the price tag at $400.

Again, we should take these news with a pinch of salt as Bloomberg's sources "asked not to be identified because the plan is not public". But rumors around a Switch Pro model have been circulating for a while now. Would you buy one with these specs at this price at the end of this year?

:arrow: SOURCE

Revlic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would get one and it would be better as a pro model while making sure that all games are compatible with the original.

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me, or does 7-inch OLED seem to good to be true?
I hope it is true! But this also has Vita trolls written on it.
I hope I am wrong, though.

Raven_Raving

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
Very sceptical of this, the switch has always proven to be very slow even on 720p games, reaching 4K is a pipe dream for Nintendo unless they wanna massively drive up their costs (which is something that many Nintendo fans would oppose since one of the main advantages of Nintendo consoles is the low cost)

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$400 is way too much for "New Nintendo Switch" NNS. $10 video stick can already do 4K video. This is probably at most like PS4 pro instead of N3DS. Improved load time for games will be the killer feature if you bought digital

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is wonderful! now we can get nintendo switch games remakes. same game, new console. thank you nintendo :D.......:glare::hateit:
Switch game don't need remake on New Nintendo Switch, they will just run better. You won't even get a new version for the games, same binary works on both like N3DS and 3DS. How wonderful to have all the remakes already available on the New Nintendo Switch !!!!

By the way some of the remakes are worth it. Just a few

Last edited by TomSwitch,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch game don't need remake on New Nintendo Switch, they will just run better. You won't even get a new version for the games, same binary works on both like N3DS and 3DS. How wonderful to have all the remakes already available on the New Nintendo Switch !!!!

By the way some of the remakes are worth it. Just a few
if they were to change the SoC like all these bullshit rumors claim, they’d have to rerelease every game :shrek:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: