Hardware Boomerang Controller Question

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone remember the original controller prototype shown durning the reveal of the Playstation 3? I always had a thing for it. The other day I was wondering if anyone had ever found any in the wild or if anyone made any look alike ones. And I couldn't find a single thing. So I had an idea to make my own but there really isn't even enough information to do that. My friend has a 3D printer so if I could at least figure out the rough dimensions for the controller, I might be able to sculpt it out and then have my friend print it. It obviously wouldn't be functional but it would be a neat display piece. Does anyone happen to know of any document information anywhere on the internet? Or is there really just nothing. Seems like it was just a simple prop used at E3 and then never shown again.

Reactions: Janglez311

Janglez311

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Check out my facebook page about the boomerang. https://www.facebook.com/PS3boomerangcontroller
There is a good bit of pictures, one is rather interesting. It's of a controller in the wild. I have also been in contact with Hyperkin on a seldom basis about them releasing it for the PS4. After the release of the Hyperkin Duke controller they seemed very interested in recreating the boomerang. I had also had ideas of recreating it myself with a 3D printer, However, this will probably be hard considering we don't know the exact dimensions.

Last edited by Janglez311,
Reactions: CheatingSoi

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check out my facebook page about the boomerang. https://www.facebook.com/PS3boomerangcontroller
There is a good bit of pictures, one is rather interesting. It's of a controller in the wild. I have also been in contact with Hyperkin on a seldom basis about them releasing it for the PS4. After the release of the Hyperkin Duke controller they seemed very interested in recreating the boomerang. I had also had ideas of recreating it myself with a 3D printer, However, this will probably be hard considering we don't know the exact dimensions.

Thanks for the information! Ha I love that I instantly found someone who's just as interested in this as me. Didn't think anyone even really remembered the controller. That would be amazing if Hyperkin made it. I bought the Duke day one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1