Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
You probably won't be able to play any games from the last 10 years.

EDIT: Also, it'd be cheaper to make a whole new PC than upgrade that. You'd need a new motherboard, new RAM, probably a bigger HDD if you'd want, new PSU, new graphics card etc.
Since i'm just 15 i first want to know more about computers than i will build one as we are going to learn that on school
What school in what city? I might be able to help you learn some stuff ^^ Seeing that I am now about to finish "Medewerker ICT Beheer" and after this I'm going to do Network Management and Software engineering :)
My school is a very bad school but was known for a good school.
It's name is Citycollege St Franciscus in Rotterdam i'm in the derde klas so i think i'm going to choose the NT profiel and than learn computer stuff in the HBO
Ooooh it's second school :O I thought you were higher up, like MBO/HBO :P
ROFL i can go to mbo if i want this year but i would rather go to hbo after havo
WEll you win no extra time with it. I'm on MBO, 1st year and about to finish it later this year. Probably gonna do a 2nd extra year before flowing through just to gain some extra expertise.

stylow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guys i'm going to get this new Destkop because i'm going to sell my current one.
Here are the specs it costs 600 Euro staight off the market.

positive.gif

Processor:

AMD FX-8120
positive.gif

RAM:

4 GB RAM
positive.gif

Grafics:

AMD Radeon HD7450
positive.gif

Type Harde Schijf/ HDD type:

Serial-ATA
positive.gif

Processor speed:

3,1 GHz
positive.gif

Hard drive capacity:

1 TB
positive.gif

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
positive.gif

Soundcard:

8-Channel-Audio on board
positive.gif

Drive:

DVD Brander
positive.gif

Memoryspeed:

1333 MHz
positive.gif

Processor type:

AMD
positive.gif

Processor model:

FX-8120
positive.gif

2 X quad core proccesor:

positive.gif

Grafics card memory

1024 MB
positive.gif

Ports:

HDMI, DVI, VGA, 2x USB 2.0, 6x USB 2.0, LAN (RJ-45), hoofdtelefoon, microfoon
positive.gif

Flash memory cards supported:

SD/SDHC, MMC, Memory Stick
positive.gif

Network:

1000Mbps (Gigabit Ethernet)
positive.gif

:

1x HDD HotSwap Frame

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
GPU sucks, the rest's pretty good. Bulldozers consume a lot of power for the performance they give, so if you don't want to bother your parents too much with the electricity bill, I'd advice going for an Intel build.

On a side note: where did you see this computer? I wonder if any of them know how to spell properly because "grafics" is not proper English nor Dutch. And they don't seem to know too much about CPUs either...

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one to notice "destkop"?
Also, [member='Berthenk'] I'd wait for the next gen of bulldozers, as, unless you really need 12 cores right now, the i5 is better.

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
not a balanced gaming computer. look like a hp desktop from the description. no psu is mentioned, comes with a big cpu and is matched with a not really good but overpriced gpu, cheap but big numbers advertisement strategy.

stylow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, remember the old desktop i had bought for 20 bucks i bought a new video card for it amd radeon hd 2400 512 mb ram and i sold it for 80 but those bastards gave 65 and said we will bring the 15 later i was like i know where this is going but i didn't mind as i still had profit and when i asked the customer for what he is going to do with it he said i'm going to play games i said what kind of games he said gta 4 *facepalm* i said that is going to be impossible and yet he said it will run on it *facepalm* maybe it will run on it but i think not more than 10 fps so still i got 25 euro's profit
and also i found a new desktop for 529 Bucks as my father is going to pay the whole thing for me i wouldn't mind if you guys help me which desktop i should choose.

Case
Asus V6-P8H61E Barebone

Processor
Intel Core i5 2310 - 2,9 GHz

Cores

Chipset
Intel H61 Express

Ram
4 GB

(HDD)
1000 GB

Graphics card
NVIDIA GeForce GT430 - 1 GB

Disc Drive
Dual Layer DVD±ReWriter

PSU
380 Watt

Network
Gigabit Ethernet

Os None, I have Windows 7 disk myself

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
weak psu too, you won't be able to fit a stronger gpu without changing the psu.

the gpu is about as strong as a 7800gtx or a X1900XT, those were freakin good card 6 years ago, they were able to push good fps on a 1024*1280 (5:4) display.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html
I had a x1900, had a lot of fun with it but I threw it away 2½ years ago cause it was getting on the minimum spec requirement of some game.
Metro 2033 (march 2010) for example has the 8800gt as minimum requirement, so the game should be unplayable or near unplayable on a gt430.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3DwhTc7Z4o