Hacking bought used and jailbroken 3.55 to 4.21 hydrid ps3. How to restore?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
OMFG IT WORKS!!! I WASN'T USING AN HDMI CABLE! IT SHOWED THE RED BOX AND I PUT THE STICK IN ON STARTUP AND IT DIDN'T FAIL. NOW IT READS MY BD DISKS!!!!

THANK YOU DEVIN and EVERYONE ELSE WHO I LIKED THEIR POSTS. :D:D:D:lol:

now how to get out of service mode? ;)

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
yes I did to the T.

I dont understand how a dongle could break my system!

this thing has been cursed since I saw it on ebay..
I think I know what happened, you said you started the PS3 with the dongle in the right and the remarry stick on the left. If you read the ps3devwiki guide carefully, it says "Put in the service mode JIG/dongle and get into factory service mode" in step 3. So before putting the remarry stick on the left, you should have entered FSM by following the guide in the link below:
http://www.ps3devwiki.com/wiki/Down...ing_in_Factory.2FService_Mode_and_Downgrading
Sorry to hijack, but I'm planning on upgrading my 3.55 CFW, console and BD drive works fine (except wifi doesn't seem to work, dunno if that's issue). Will the above also apply?

Cheers

What above??

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I think I know what happened, you said you started the PS3 with the dongle in the right and the remarry stick on the left. If you read the ps3devwiki guide carefully, it says "Put in the service mode JIG/dongle and get into factory service mode" in step 3. So before putting the remarry stick on the left, you should have entered FSM by following the guide in the link below:
http://www.ps3devwiki.com/wiki/Down...ing_in_Factory.2FService_Mode_and_Downgrading

What above??

hehe I actually put the PS3Break into the right and the Remarry stick in the left...then i had no video because it was in service mode hehehe

got out of service mode using one file and now im gonna make a NOR dump using Multiman:D

Reactions: mschumacher69

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someoneHasToStartTheSlowClap.jpg

I've been lurking this thread but have been hesitant to post worrying that my old PS3Break dongle might have somehow bricked your console. Glad to see it all worked out. :)

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
citizen-kane-clapping.gif

Slow Clap for you! ^_^

hmm...It still won't let me update and says that the data is corrupted when i attempt to install "REBUG_4.30.2_REX_PS3UPDAT"

i'm still on 999 downgrader 3.55 REBUG and would like to upgrade now ^ ^

I can now toggle QA or use homebrew since PS3 and BD drive are married now :)

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
hmm...It still won't let me update and says that the data is corrupted when i attempt to install "REBUG_4.30.2_REX_PS3UPDAT"

i'm still on 999 downgrader 3.55 REBUG and would like to upgrade now ^ ^
You need to enable QA and install Rebug 3.55.4 to dehash before you can install Rebug 4.xx.

Are apps working now after you re-married?

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You need to enable QA and install Rebug 3.55.4 to dehash before you can install Rebug 4.xx.

Are apps working now after you re-married?

Yes! multiman and Rebug Toolbox works!

I cant seem to get into recovery mode though...hmm...not like I need it atm..I made a NOR dump...but I would like to have access to it :P

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes! multiman and Rebug Toolbox works!

I cant seem to get into recovery mode though...hmm...not like I need it atm..I made a NOR dump...but I would like to have access to it :P

You should be able to get into Recovery, you're probably doing something wrong...

Anyways, you won't be able to restore a flash dump via Recovery, you need a hardware flasher for that...

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to get into Recovery, you're probably doing something wrong...

Anyways, you won't be able to restore a flash dump via Recovery, you need a hardware flasher for that...

yeah I changed some recovery options in Rebug Toolbox and it booted to recovery :)

going to install REBUG_3.55.4_REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP using recovery since in XMB it always says data is corrupted....for recovery installs does it still go in PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP?

Its still at the Checking...
Please Wait. Screen

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah I changed some recovery options in Rebug Toolbox and it booted to recovery :)

going to install REBUG_3.55.4_REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP using recovery since in XMB it always says data is corrupted....for recovery installs does it still go in PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP
It should install fine from XMB, are you sure you enabled QA? Also verify the md5 hash of the PUP.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It should install fine from XMB, are you sure you enabled QA? Also verify the md5 hash of the PUP.

its now installing via XMB..then I will go to the newest firmware of REBUG once it finishes ....if you have a better CFW then REBUG please let me know :)

I know there is Kmeau, Rogero, and REBUG

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
its now installing via XMB..then I will go to the newest firmware of REBUG once it finishes ....if you have a better CFW then REBUG please let me know :)

I know there is Kmeau, Rogero, and REBUG

Rebug all the way, the latest version is 4.41.2, I have posted a guide on how to install it in the tutorials section of these forums.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Rebug all the way, the latest version is 4.41.2, I have posted a guide on how to install it in the tutorials section of these forums.
cant seem to get backups to work...I dumped my Legitimate copy of Midway Arcade Origins for the PS3 using MultiMan to my Seagate Expansion 2tb HDD and all the copy does is that it goes back to the XMB...

Nevermind: had to click the PLAYSTATION 3 CD icon in the XMB. Any way where it doesn't have to reboot to the XMB?..if not, that's fine :)

also I apparently need a Cobra USB to play ISO's?...I looked online and some people said that Multiman is in bed with Cobra and you don't need it?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
thanks
mschumacher69, MagSor and Toto for all your help :D

uhhh coto.. :lol:

if you ever have a problem, don't hesitate to ask for a way out. ;) (as long as you have a nand/nor dump, physically a good nand, plus no hardware problems (rsx & cpu bent solder) and a flasher you'll like bricking on purpose your ps3.

I can now toggle QA or use homebrew since PS3 and BD drive are married now :)

img_02471.jpg

sorry couldn't refuse

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
cant seem to get backups to work...I dumped my Legitimate copy of Midway Arcade Origins for the PS3 using MultiMan to my Seagate Expansion 2tb HDD and all the copy does is that it goes back to the XMB...

Nevermind: had to click the PLAYSTATION 3 CD icon in the XMB. Any way where it doesn't have to reboot to the XMB?..if not, that's fine :)
That's right, mM mounts the game and exits to XMB, then you have to start the game from the PS3 disk icon for discless games, but not all games work discless, some of them need the BD Mirror option to be turned on and need an original game disk (any game) in the drive to work.

also I apparently need a Cobra USB to play ISO's?...I looked online and some people said that Multiman is in bed with Cobra and you don't need it?
He was at one point, but not anymore, actually, the latest mM does not work on Cobra CFW. What kind of ISO's are you talking about?

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: @AncientBoi how are you ? :evil: :D +1