Hacking bought used and jailbroken 3.55 to 4.21 hydrid ps3. How to restore?

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks!...I'll definitely bookmark this... :)ou

now in regards to PSN access...can I get online?...this will most likely all be a simultaneous "NO" from everyone but I heard that you can urban yourself?
You can, but you risk getting banned. There have been tools to unban yourself (you can unban your console but not your account, you'll have to create a new one) but I'm not sure if they still work or not. That said, new tools have been released today which are said to help you prevent getting banned and unban yourself, search for PSN Tool v1.0.

I'm not sure whether they work or not and how effective they are, I just don't bother connecting to PSN...

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You can, but you risk getting banned. There have been tools to unban yourself (you can unban your console but not your account, you'll have to create a new one) but I'm not sure if they still work or not. That said, new tools have been released today which are said to help you prevent getting banned and unban yourself, search for PSN Tool v1.0.

I'm not sure whether they work or not and how effective they are, I just don't bother connecting to PSN...

gotcha...Will definitely search for it! .so maybe make an alternative account?...don't feel like losing my level 9 status! :lol:

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't signed into my personal PSN account on this console yet....my super slim has my personal PSN on it. They wouldn't know that right?
They shouldn't, well, unless they bother checking that both PS3s are connecting from the same IP address. No one knows what they do, if there's something they're not doing now, there's no guarantee that they will not do it in the future...

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
They shouldn't, well, unless they bother checking that both PS3s are connecting from the same IP address. No one knows what they do, if there's something they're not doing now, there's no guarantee that they will not do it in the future...

maybe I'll use my Galaxy S3 Rooted wifi tether hotspot for online play on it as well as a new account! :lol:

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
alright, I just Redboxed Tomb Raider and will see if it plays without the disk. Works :)

Is there anyway to remove languages from a european release without nuking it per chance ? =/

10gb was too much so I redboxed it. : 3

PS: WTF I ran Iris Game manager and the fan ran really really loud and my PS3 light was blinking green, yellow and red at the same time!...the PS3 was working though I shut it off normally and it didn't pull those shenanigans again. and I haven't started the app up either..

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
alright, I just Redboxed Tomb Raider and will see if it plays without the disk. Works :)

Is there anyway to remove languages from a european release without nuking it per chance ? =/

10gb was too much so I redboxed it. : 3

PS: WTF I ran Iris Game manager and the fan ran really really loud and my PS3 light was blinking green, yellow and red at the same time!...the PS3 was working though I shut it off normally and it didn't pull those shenanigans again. and I haven't started the app up either..
Yeah I think you can delete the language files in TR, you need to find out which ones though. I do remember seeing this somewhere on the internet.

Forget about Iris mate and use mM.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I think you can delete the language files in TR, you need to find out which ones though. I do remember seeing this somewhere on the internet.

Forget about Iris mate and use mM.

alright, forget Iris, so is there a program that can allow me to safely rip PS3 releases without damaging them?..or do I just use Windows Explorer

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deleting these files will bring the disc size t0 4.53 gb if you don't mind deleting the extra trailers and language files.​
BIGFILE_SPANISH.000.tiger​
BIGFILE_PORTUGUESE.000.tiger​
BIGFILE_ITALIAN.000.tiger​
BIGFILE_GERMAN.000.tiger​
BIGFILE_FRENCH.000.tiger​
BIGFILE_DUTCH.000.tiger​
ff14_EN_121130_Clean.bik​
Trailer_Hitman5.bik​
TRFH_1_NoSlates.bik​
TRFH_2_NoSlates.bik​
TRFH_3_NoSlates.bik​
All these folders in movies folder​
french​
german​
italian​
spanish​
& finally PS3_UPDATE folder​

I'd have linked you to the site directly, but it has wares. And when you mean rip you mean rip an official PS3 game disc to an HDD?

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
thanks for all your continued help guys!

hmm...the "load last game" using MultiMan doesn't work for Tomb Raider or any other game I have ripped from a disk (my legitimate Midway arcade ps3 collection) game. :(

I have to run MultiMan and then from the XMB (with a crappy PS3 game [golden axe] in there) then start it.

Anyway I can just load the last game without going to multiman everytime?...

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for all your continued help guys!

hmm...the "load last game" using MultiMan doesn't work for Tomb Raider or any other game I have ripped from a disk (my legitimate Midway arcade ps3 collection) game. :(

I have to run MultiMan and then from the XMB (with a crappy PS3 game [golden axe] in there) then start it.

Anyway I can just load the last game without going to multiman everytime?...

Are you sure you're using the latest lastGAME? lastGAME will not start your game, it will just mount your last mounted game and you still have to start the game from the disk icon on the XMB.

Anyways, here's a link to the latest lastGAME, it also contains the latest build of mM 4.40.00, deank restored the update server using his own home server, so updates might be slow.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8qqine

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's what I got out of it as well. I think he meant, "trimming;" definitely not, "ripping."
Just a quick follow up. There's a 2+ year old app/program floating around the internet that was created by Lande, who is a reputable source from EoL, that "optimizes" PS3 game size by deleting unnecessary files. I haven't personally used this, so I cannot recommend it; but it does exist. Ironically, he called it, "PS3 Game Ripper v3.1." Bah, I still say it's called "trimming."

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you're using the latest lastGAME? lastGAME will not start your game, it will just mount your last mounted game and you still have to start the game from the disk icon on the XMB.

Anyways, here's a link to the latest lastGAME, it also contains the latest build of mM 4.40.00, deank restored the update server using his own home server, so updates might be slow.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8qqine

Just a quick follow up. There's a 2+ year old app/program floating around the internet that was created by Lande, who is a reputable source from EoL, that "optimizes" PS3 game size by deleting unnecessary files. I haven't personally used this, so I cannot recommend it; but it does exist. Ironically, he called it, "PS3 Game Ripper v3.1." Bah, I still say it's called "trimming."

awesome! looks like after 3.1 development stopped but I found a link!

also I rented FUSE and Bioshock Infinite from Family Video hence why they are "BLUS" (BLES is more seeded) releases. And I got the DLC unlockers for them but they dont seem to be appearing in the game once I installed the .pkg file, same thing goes for Remember Me.

there must be two problems here...

Do I need to update the game with the latest version?..when I start the game from my HDD it says the game needs to be updated. Or (also) do I need to connect to the PSN to get it to work? every time I click the DLC option in my games it says I need to sign up for the PlayStation network. But that's a absolute no no on CFW right??

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
Do I need to update the game with the latest version?..when I start the game from my HDD it says the game needs to be updated. Or (also) do I need to connect to the PSN to get it to work? every time I click the DLC option in my games it says I need to sign up for the PlayStation network. But that's a absolute no no on CFW right??
You might need to install the latest game updates for the DLCs to work.

You do need PSN if you're going to purchase legit DLCs through the game but not if you downloaded DLC unlocker pkgs elsewhere.

Make sure you're using the DLC unlockers for the correct region and game ID (if you have BLES123456, make sure you download the DLC unlocker for BLES123456 not BLUS123456 or BLES789123).

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You might need to install the latest game updates for the DLCs to work.

You do need PSN if you're going to purchase legit DLCs through the game but not if you downloaded DLC unlocker pkgs elsewhere.

Make sure you're using the DLC unlockers for the correct region and game ID (if you have BLES123456, make sure you download the DLC unlocker for BLES123456 not BLUS123456 or BLES789123).

okay..so I can update a game from the HDD officially? I heard that you purchase legit DLC from PSN they will ban you,so there go my possible sale ;)

I think Tomb Raider is BLES and the DLC is BLUS. I heard I can replace the EBOOT and the PARAM.SFO in the BLES with the BLUS and the DLC will work....will my save file work though?...I have 7% of tomb raider complete. Should I swap the files before I update or after? also what's a RAP file? I doubt it involves the music genre :lol:

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
okay..so I can update a game from the HDD officially? I heard that you purchase legit DLC from PSN they will ban you,so there go my possible sale ;)

I think Tomb Raider is BLES and the DLC is BLUS. I heard I can replace the EBOOT and the PARAM.SFO in the BLES with the BLUS and the DLC will work....will my save file work though?...I have 7% of tomb raider complete. Should I swap the files before I update or after? also what's a RAP file? I doubt it involves the music genre :lol:
You can update the game, that' not a problem and you don't need to be signed in to PSN to be able to download the updates.

That's right, signing in to PSN on CFW might get you banned.

There's your problem, if you have the BLES region, you need the BLES DLC. There might be ways to make a BLUS DLC work on a BLES region, but it would be better if you get the BLES DLC.

RIFs and RAPs are files needed to activate PSN content using reActPSN. You don't need those if the PSN content is patched.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay