wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not REALLY as UWP is a windows based thing with a LOT of windows based requirements. But, someone could get to work on porting linux to the XBONE since we have more resources now!

@GarnetSunset Any update ? I may have some free time this week to help since I got all of my school stuff done early

Reactions: GarnetSunset

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope yall dont run into any issues i wish the dolphin team would help out with this but doubt it

You can see from this thread over in the Dolphin Forums that it's not something they ever intend on working on
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-dolphin-in-xbox-one-uwp-win10

As far as issues go, yeah I'm sure we're gonna hit a few roadblocks and I can't say how long it may take to port something as huge as Dolphin to UWP. But me and @GarnetSunset are going to give it our best shot

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can see from this thread over in the Dolphin Forums that it's not something they ever intend on working on
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-dolphin-in-xbox-one-uwp-win10

As far as issues go, yeah I'm sure we're gonna hit a few roadblocks and I can't say how long it may take to port something as huge as Dolphin to UWP. But me and @GarnetSunset are going to give it our best shot

so like where do you research for stuff like that, like do you know how to port something like dolphin into a uwp?

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so like where do you research for stuff like that, like do you know how to port something like dolphin into a uwp?

You spend countless hours banging your head on a wall out of frustration due to Microsofts less than stellar ability to write proper documentation for developers working with their platform. Then you ultimately sell your soul to bill gates. The saddest part is that the second sentence was a joke. The first was not. Just try googling "How to port to UWP". You're gonna find tons of stuff on using the Desktop Bridge (Which won't work in our case btw) or you might find some docs on porting a silverlight app or mobile app to UWP but trying to find GOOD documentation on taking Native C++ Code and re-writing it to fit within the limits of UWP is something that to this point I have been hard pressed to find.

Last edited by wiired24,
Reactions: kingtut

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You spent countless hours banging your head on a wall out of frustration due to Microsoft less than stellar ability to write proper documentation for developers working with their platform. Then you ultimately sell your soul to bill gates. The saddest part is that the second sentence was a joke. The first was not. Just try googling "How to port to UWP". You're gonna find tons of stuff on using the Desktop Bridge (Which won't work in our case btw) or you might find some docs on porting a silverlight app or mobile app to UWP but trying to find GOOD documentation on taking Native C++ Code and re-writing it to fit within the limits of UWP is something that to this point I have been hard pressed to find.
that is what is mystifying me, I spent pretty much last summer trying to understand how conversion to uwp works, and I went no where. At this point, I will take a udemy course on it or something as long as there is something look at

Reactions: wiired24

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Answer me D:

It's 100% possible it's just we need more people. Just look at the Proof of Concept someone did a while back. (Pictured Below)

Specifically we need more devs with past experience in porting medium to large scale applications to UWP. Anything you'd like to donate would help the project and would be much appriciated

dolphin_emulator_uwp_concept_by_enjoyfebruary-daw1p8q.jpg

Last edited by wiired24,

GarnetSunset

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I will see what I can do in a couple days. Is it 100% possible for dolphin to be ported to UWP and run on xbox one? like do you just need the right guy..
It is!! Sorry I was AFK, esp with more system resources I'd say now more than EVER! We just need some people to help writing it all and understanding FUCKING UWP. Might hit up the dolphin team!

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is!! Sorry I was AFK, esp with more system resources I'd say now more than EVER! We just need some people to help writing it all and understanding FUCKING UWP. Might hit up the dolphin team!

I just need someone with more experience in porting applications to UWP to point in the right direction as to where to get started with Dolphin. It's not that I don't want to port it or lack the motivation. Neither me or garnett have extensive experience when it comes to porting software to UWP, and neither of us are exactly sure how to even begin. That's why we need more developers to get interested in the port and assist.

SFGChamps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's 100% possible it's just we need more people. Just look at the Proof of Concept someone did a while back. (Pictured Below)

Specifically we need more devs with past experience in porting medium to large scale applications to UWP. Anything you'd like to donate would help the project and would be much appriciated

dolphin_emulator_uwp_concept_by_enjoyfebruary-daw1p8q.jpg
I'm going to try to donate, if not today, then I will deposit the money tomorrow and donate tomorrow.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Should I donate $30 and have bounty tweet it or just donate $50

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright