• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Bud Light sales are tanking. How does this make you feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't think of any other ad campaign that has had this much of an impact on a brand, or its stock value. Anheuser-Busch is bleeding ever since they involved Dylan Mulvaney in one of theiir marketing campaigns intended to engage influencers with their brand. It has obviously had unexpected and unintended results for the company.

What's your take on this?

Do you care?

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it's pathetic that the big, tough, Trumpers didn't care about Bud Light pride campaigns until inbred poster boy Grandpa Rock had a meltdown. Why didn't they all care during the prior campaigns? And how exactly did having Mulvaney in a campaign effect any of them? If a company can advertise to frats boys, why should they not also advertise to others? I don't see why the tantrums about it. Especially when Bud Light is one of the most womanly beers a person can buy. Always laugh when I see big tough red hat wearing country boys walking out with cases of Bud Light. You sure you fellas can handle those puppies? :rofl:

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's pathetic that the big, tough, Trumpers didn't care about Bud Light pride campaigns until inbred poster boy Grandpa Rock had a meltdown. Why didn't they all care during the prior campaigns? And how exactly did having Mulvaney in a campaign effect any of them? If a company can advertise to frats boys, why should they not also advertise to others? I don't see why the tantrums about it. Especially when Bud Light is one of the most womanly beers a person can buy. Always laugh when I see big tough red hat wearing country boys walking out with cases of Bud Light. You sure you fellas can handle those puppies? :rofl:
To make it clear. I do not support Trump. Ron Paul guy, here. Just so that's established.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a stock holder, so sales don't really concern me. But this whole campaign is freaking weird. The only people who drink this "piss water" is red necks and frat boys. They don't even drink it for the taste, they drink it to get hammered. Those people can easily find a different brand to get hammered on.

It's funny to see this brand piss off both sides though.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a stock holder, so sales don't really concern me. But this whole campaign is freaking weird. The only people who drink this "piss water" is red necks and frat boys. They don't even drink it for the taste, they drink it to get hammered. Those people can easily find a different brand to get hammered on.

It's funny to see this brand piss off both sides though.
If you are drinking Bud Light to get hammered, you don't know what being hammered is.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most stupid thing about this. I have friends down South. West Virginia. North Carolina. Hillbillies, not rednecks. Remember, there's a difference.

My hillbilly friends aren't drinking Bud Light right now, and they used to. They switched to Michelob Ultra. Which is made by the same fucking company. No one ever accused hillbillies of being intelligent.

Point being, brand association DOES make a difference, even if it's not at a bar or a concert venue. I have friends who used to drink Bud Light who won't buy it now. But they will buy beer from the same exact company, which is the same pisswater under another label.

That's kind of where I am getting at with all of this. Brand loyalty is fucking retarded.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I can't think of any other ad campaign that has had this much of an impact on a brand, or its stock value. Anheuser-Busch is bleeding ever since they involved Dylan Mulvaney in one of theiir marketing campaigns intended to engage influencers with their brand. It has obviously had unexpected and unintended results for the company.

What's your take on this?

Do you care?
I drink Club Colombia, so is totally indifferent to me. :ha:

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Piss water sales tanking you say?
Maybe they will start crafting real beer.
Keep the rainbows coming, it looks like it is very effective at offending middle-aged basement dwellers.
We may be closer to getting a palatable drink.

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piss water sales tanking you say?
Maybe they will start crafting real beer.
Keep the rainbows coming, it looks like it is very effective at offending middle-aged basement dwellers.
We may be closer to getting a palatable drink.
Yeah right like thet will expend one more cent to satisfy consumer. I can't even think of a million or billion company ever doing that with out a major price hike for product. Fyi over 50 years old so do you think this will ever happen?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah right like thet will expend one more cent to satisfy consumer. I can't even think of a million or billion company ever doing that with out a major price hike for product. Fyi over 50 years old so do you think this will ever happen?
No idea in all honesty, I personally chose better quality overall when possible.
Advertising backfiring isn't something uncommon either, so in reality they most likely will be just fine and everyone will forget about the story in a few weeks.
Then everyone is free to drink whichever light beer they wish, so in hindsight no one is harmed either.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Bud Light sales are tanking.

In one single restaurant... in Missouri... according to Fox News.

Newsweek said:
The Fox story made clear that the figures it quoted were specific to Case & Bucks, a restaurant and sports bar in Barnhart, Missouri, whose owner, Jeff Fitter, it had interviewed.
https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-have-bud-light-sales-dropped-last-week-1794215

And the screenshot saying Bud Light sales are down 80%, that everyone is copying and spreading on social networks, is from a satire website .

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-bud-80-idUSL1N36L2BZ

So before we all get our panties in a twist, let's wait a few days to see how this -actually- plays out, not how the hysterical bunch is claiming it played out, mkay?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I wonder what would happen if Mulvany endorsed Trump for the lulz. :tpi:

More serious: can't say i care about the stock price of beer, let alone that of a beer+water cocktail.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I wonder what would happen if Mulvany endorsed Trump for the lulz. :tpi:

More serious: can't say i care about the stock price of beer, let alone that of a beer+water cocktail.
Nothing would happen, because people know that he (Mulvaney) is a grifter.

People are sick of the woke gay agenda and the way the government and companies are trying to gasslight us with it. The average person is aware that bud light were trying to push this agenda onto us, however the people are sick of it and just basically told them by refusing to buy their booze anymore until they change their ways.

Last edited by mrdude,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +2