Build engine game "Blood" source code leaked online

FloYhFGXwAYEKl_.png

Blood, one of the popular 3D first person shooters of the 90's developed by Monolith Studios in the famous Build engine, which was also the same engine used in Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior, had its source code leaked online. The source code leak dates back to July 1996, one year before the final release of the game in 1997, and it seems to include the full source code of the game, minus binary and asset files according to the NFO of the leak, and it includes several Ken Silverman and its coding.

The leak will mainly be relegated to historical purposes, as in terms of portability towards the game, Blood has seen a few share of open source code recreations throughout the years, with the most popular one being NBlood.

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never even heard of this game till now. Lets hope some fans release their own remaster before the big companies get to it. 😯

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never even heard of this game till now. Lets hope some fans release their own remaster before the big companies get to it. 😯
I doubt that they would go after a 27-year old game. Referring to DMCA takedowns btw.

Last edited by SylverReZ,
  • Sad
Reactions: eternal

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With all the folks that go after DukeNukem/Hexen stuff to bring it to light, and all the old nes and snes fan translations(as a random example of people going after old games lol), you dont think so?
I'm referring to DMCA.

Reactions: eternal

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm referring to DMCA.
Well it's not nintendo, so if someone/or a team were to go after it, maybe they would get lucky...lol it is +20 years old as you mentioned. The older the better they say. But then again there's always someone greedy(corpo wise), who realizes that the gamers are stoked for something and they pull out the notepad to make notes on how they can monetize it. 😟

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure where all these leaks are coming from of all these old game source code bundles (we are too soon for devs to be dying off and someone buying the machine at the estate sale, can't imagine there are some cracked VNC/remote build tools suddenly cracked that were not and people have been shredding old hard drives/doing the dban bit for some years already) but I do like to see it.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not sure where all these leaks are coming from of all these old game source code bundles (we are too soon for devs to be dying off and someone buying the machine at the estate sale, can't imagine there are some cracked VNC/remote build tools suddenly cracked that were not and people have been shredding old hard drives/doing the dban bit for some years already) but I do like to see it.
well someone at Apogee seemed to find a lot of Duke Nukem stuff atleast

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/