Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The fact that your parents considered committing you does not necessarily mean you were clinically depressed. Having sex does not make people psychologists.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blood Fetish said:
The fact that your parents considered committing you does not necessarily mean you were clinically depressed. Having sex does not make people psychologists.
Umm, yea. Totally unrelated.

Insane asylums where I am don't accept people without proper diagnosis, or they're pleading insane in a court of law.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Dangy said:
Still nothing to do with the actual arguement. Just my age. Pretty sad, actually.
But you don't have any actual argument. Only inconsequential (and off-topic, mind you) blather showcasing your selfishness, lack of empathy, overall ignorance and an arrogant belief you have it all "figured out;" all perfectly natural for a kid your age, but nothing relevant to the topic at hand.

Now then. I'd be glad to agrue your points, as soon as you actually make any.
wink.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Bullying is not an "essential part" of growth. Let's get that out of the way right now.

That being said, No one deserves to be bullied, tormented, assaulted, etc...

Bullies feed on the weak. That's why you never see bullies pick on other bullies.

Bullies also more often than not have something else going on in their life that makes them do what they do, whether it be sexual abuse, physical abuse, mental abuse, etc... Bullies usually come from broken homes. So the bully has his strength taken from him, so he feels the need to get it back from someone else. Does this excuse the Bully from what he does? Absolutely not, but it does give you a clue where to look.

It's also clearly apparent that (most) bully's Parents are either unaware of his behavior, absent, or uncaring. This also makes it abundantly clear that schools need to develop a system of dealing with these bullies. I find it completely inappropriate that kids that defend themselves after months, sometimes even years of torment get punished for doing so. This makes it easier for bullying to continue, because the victim in question is scared to defend himself, because he knows he'll be suspended or worse, and elects to take the abuse instead.

With that said, Teachers and other faculty members need to be more aware of bullying, and reward reporting of bullying incidents. More often than not I see teachers shrug off these reports, or chastise the victim for "tattling" and sends him on his way. This is also unacceptable.

The bullies also need to face consequences equal to their crimes. Suspension is just a mini vacation. Most schools have In School Suspension now, which is pretty much an all-day Detention. What's also a good punishment would be a public "shaming". Gathering the entire school every 3 months or so for an assembly, and rounding up the chronic bullies, and make each of them apologize on stage to the entire school from a pre-written apology no less than one page long front and back. Isolated incidents of bullying could be an apology to the class the victim attends.

There are simple solutions to this problem, and it boggles my mind that this hasn't been nipped in the bud for such an outstanding probem.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dangy said:
ShadowSoldier said:
He's right. All you do is just make idiotic posts as if everything is easy and everybody is the same, and everything is black and white.

I'm trying to get you to understand, if you commit suicide you're a loser, and you're weak. You've yet to come up with anything to counter my statement.
And that's why nobody can take you seriously and everybody thinks you're 14. You're an idiot.

Bullies are just giving people a realistic expectation of what the world is really like. This world is rife with conflict, it's full of people that don't agree. It's fully of people that hate each other, and will, ocationally, get violent. You gotta learn how to deal with this stuff when you're a teenage. If you shelter people from this stuff during their formative years, they're never going to know how to deal with these sorts of situations.

No they're not. How many times have you heard of someone going "I'm afraid to go to work because there's a bully there" or anything like that? Very little. Bullies are NOT giving people a taste of what the real world is like. And you're honestly the biggest fool if you think bullies are doing more good than they are harm.

There's absolutely no reason for anyone to bully anybody, at all. There's no reason for it. It fucks with people's heads, and makes them afraid of life. They think "wow, is this what life is going to be like? I'm locking myself in my room forever." And it's not right because that person doesn't get to live life without fear of being beaten up.

People who commit suicide are losers? You're a jackass.

I can understand why you're saying people are weak, but not because of the way you word things. You're still going at it wrong. But it's because of bullies and fear, that those people became weak. Again, you make it sound as if everybody is the exact same as you and you know everything about life and the people who live in this world. Here's a tip for you dick;

Not everybody is the same. You probably think that people just give up right away. Some people actually do get over some hurdles and go on, but then a bigger one appears and the person just didn't have time to get ready for it, or they just don't have the strength to. And I can understand imshortandrad (or whatever her name is), her opinions make sense. But yours are just ridiculously insulting. You're a douche bag.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dangy has a right to his own opinion, and I actually understand his point. Stop with the personal attacks now or I'll start trashing.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Blood Fetish said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Dangy has a right to his own opinion, and I actually understand his point.
I guarantee you and Dangy have never dealt with severe depression or suicide with anyone close to you.
you know them personally?

seriously, it's better if we stop discussion about suicide. it may stir up heated arguments. i myself was lured in. but i apologize.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Blood Fetish said:
ProtoKun7 said:
I guarantee you and Dangy have never dealt with severe depression or suicide with anyone close to you.

He says he understands, he never said he agreed with it.

However, I have and I do agree with his point. It's weakness and cowardice. In fact i'm dealing with severe clinical depression myself, and if I decide to off myself, yes it would be because of my own weakness.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
I was a victim to bullying in 2nd and 3rd grade. The guy was a 1½ heads taller than me, and a coward who always covered his ass from trouble, deceiving his bully friends. One day, I had about enough when he threw a handful of gravel in my eyes. I had enough and started hitting him with my fists and a quite heavy jacket. After we both went to the principals office, I was the one in trouble.

To be frank, that was when I went to an American school. And I'm utterly surprised at their despicable ways to handle the people better off than yourself (the bully had a quite rich family) in a nicer way. It's just because they got payed more for being corrupt.

When I moved to Sweden, my class had a whole range of dickheads. I complained to my maths teacher about one of those dickheads, and instead of dealing with him and talking to him, she said she'd just move me to another place. I called her out for it, saying "why should I need to be excluded and look like a teacher's pet, when all I ask is that you deal with HIM?!". This made her angry, and I got in trouble again. I think in this case, the teacher just couldn't be fucking bothered to do anything about the dude. From what I hear of him now, he goes to one of Stockholm's worst high schools now, and yet he still has problems with grades. Dipshit...

What's even sadder is that my grade school was made up of an abomination of an administration. They could and would punish you for the stupidest things like chewing gum during lunch, or going to the supermarket right next to the school to pick something up. Then, when it came to getting important shit like bullying done, they did fuck all.

In 5th grade, my mentor teacher tried to use the Swedish school system to force me to go to a psychologist. Mind you, this was (and still is) a teacher everyone hated. My mom, being a Human Resources personell herself (hint:Psychology-based work for workplaces), sat down with the teacher, the psychologist and myself in a meeting my teacher arranged, and she made it noteworthy that I did not need any counseling or a psychologist, and implied strongly that the teacher was just dicking around. After her (failed) attempt, my mom went to speak to my principal. My principal said to me "Wow! You're the first person I hear saying something like this about that teacher!", and, being a spineless Swede, she did absolutely nothing. A few weeks later, my mother talks to the class parent about that teacher, and apparently the school parent had also talked to the principal after we did, and she got the exact same response. After the entire mess of a year called Grade 5, I found myself escaping from school (and life) remedially with videogames and eventually with guitar. Years after, I still hold a grudge towards her for her terrible ways, and her nickname is Numero Uno (The Number One Worst Teacher Ever).

Today? I've toughened up with my experiences. I'm still a weird kid, and I goof out a bit, doing a bit as I please, but I make sure to stay out of the fucking way when I know I could be threatened. Sure, there are idiots who have vivid explanations for their threats to me. But I know it's absolutely nothing to take seriously (Because we hardly ever disagree, anyways), especially after seeing the average Swede for over 7 years, and their futileness.

To the victims:

There's really no need to hide from others anymore just because it's become a reflex over time to do so. You don't need to effectively store yourself away from others. You need to let you be yourself, even if it costs everyone's attention.
And most importantly: Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never had a problem with bullying, except maybe from some of my cooworkers (who are insecure dickheads).

Bullying requires you to become a victim. Don't engage or let them phase you.

People who continue to place themselves in a situation which results in them being bullied are weak. Be confident and resolve the problem.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blood Fetish said:
ProtoKun7 said:

A friend of mine has often attempted to take her own life; recently she's been in a facility to help her overcome this.
Thanks for attempting to guess how my life is, though.
smile.gif

QUOTE(Blood Fetish @ Mar 19 2011, 09:54 PM)
Do you think your friend is a weak coward?
Actually, I considered what she was doing cowardly, yes.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
Blood Fetish said:
ProtoKun7 said:
A friend of mine has often attempted to take her own life; recently she's been in a facility to help her overcome this.
smile.gif

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Blood Fetish said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Blood Fetish said:
ProtoKun7 said:
smile.gif
As TwinRetro said, understanding isn't agreeing.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
.:TeMpEsT:. said:
whats with all this hype on bullying? if you dont want to be a victim build some muscles and them them to back the hell off. it worked for me

That was my method, but it's not exactly always reasonable. Another solution is befriending someone with some muscle.
I always found it quite fun to help a friend in need in that regard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up