Burning 360 and original Xbox games

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone!
I had a question about burning Xbox games. will burned original Xbox games work on Xbox 360? Has anyone ever tried this?
I did it once, I burned the game to a dual layer DVD and the 360 did read it how ever it was stuck on the white Xbox screen.
Any solutions?

Last edited by AATHENINJA206,

me_man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is the lay break for xgd (not xgd3 but you need to verify them). the .dvd file is just for the layer break. you can input one to use all the time within img burn, but do note that xgd3 uses a different one. you can't boot a different region unless using a jtag/rgh. I'm a major shmup fan, and there are a lot that are Japan only. they will not work on a simple flash drive. abgx should tell you which regions it's playable on.
Ok thanks. I was worried it might try and change it for you,

Now, while my game seems to have burned fine, at the break specified by the .dvd file, and verified in IMGBurn, I went ahead and verified the disc itself, and the only yellow text reads:

Error reading Layer Boundary Information (NO ADDITIONAL SENSE INFORMATION)
and
Layerbreak: Unknown

Is this a problem?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the laybreak is important. it's the same for all xgd2, and it's different for xgd3 (those should be the same). I mean you can burn the games like that, but it can cause a ban if you do something wrong. @DinohScene or @CoolMe might be able to help you further. the xgd app is far different from what I remember, and I know almost nothing about xgd3.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks. I was worried it might try and change it for you,

Now, while my game seems to have burned fine, at the break specified by the .dvd file, and verified in IMGBurn, I went ahead and verified the disc itself, and the only yellow text reads:

and

Is this a problem?
You should verify xgd3 burned discs with abgx360, it should tell you if you burned it correctly (full) or not. Same for xgd2 burned discs as well.

me_man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the laybreak is important. it's the same for all xgd2, and it's different for xgd3 (those should be the same). I mean you can burn the games like that, but it can cause a ban if you do something wrong. @DinohScene or @CoolMe might be able to help you further. the xgd app is far different from what I remember, and I know almost nothing about xgd3.
I'm not even sure which type of disc this is. I did have abgx go through the image with the tutorial recommended setting successfully, and ran it again, with all green.
I burnt it. IMGBurn verified it. I ran the disc itself through abgx, and it game me those two yellow notices about the layer break. I forgot the exact message at the end but it was green and did seem to indicate that the disc was good. I just don't understand how I went straight from agbx, to imgburn, and back to abgx, and it cannot seem to verify where the layerbreak happens.

I can't burn xgd3 properly, I need to find a drive for that.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xgd2 layer break is always the same regardless of game. xgd3 uses a different one. the .dvd file's only purpose is to tell the burner app what layer break to set. you don't even a .dvd file if you know the layer break what you mention, the layer break, is correct for xgd2 iirc.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the region should be that much of an issue, if you're getting these iso from the internet, chances that some of them are region free, and pal/ntsc isos should work fine on your system.
you can't boot a different region unless using a jtag/rgh.
If you mean you can't play ntsc-j burned games on a NA 360, i'm not sure about about ntsc-j games.. But i'm certain that you can play PAL releases fine on a NA 360 and vice versa, on a stock system with a flashed drive of course.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the region should be that much of an issue, if you're getting these iso from the internet, chances that some of them are region free, and pal/ntsc isos should work fine on your system.

If you mean you can't play ntsc-j burned games on a NA 360, i'm not sure about about ntsc-j games.. But i'm certain that you can play PAL releases fine on a NA 360 and vice versa, on a stock system with a flashed drive of course.
you can't play different region games without a jtag or rgh. we know how it's done, but it's like the difference between cfw and hen to where we could change, the system wouldn't like it probably brick.

me_man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about ntsc or pal, but I was glad to see that KOF XII, which seems to have only had a disc release in Japan and Europe, scanned as region free with AGBX.

I'll see if this one gives the yellow notices about the layerbreak, then I'll get more details before I close it.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not even sure which type of disc this is. I did have abgx go through the image with the tutorial recommended setting successfully, and ran it again, with all green.
The iso or the burned disc?
I burnt it. IMGBurn verified it. I ran the disc itself through abgx, and it game me those two yellow notices about the layer break.
You don't need to verify with imgburn, just with abgx after burn.
Well it depends on the yellow notices, if it tells you that sectors are missing from the disc then it is.
But if it was just some info about stealth on lt3 flashed drives etc. Then it's different..
Post automatically merged:

you can't play different region games without a jtag or rgh. we know how it's done, but it's like the difference between cfw and hen to where we could change, the system wouldn't like it probably brick.
I think i have some pal burned discs, and they worked fine on my flashed drive (stock system). I think you can't play out of region if you have an unflashed drive, but that changes if you have one i think.

Reactions: me_man

me_man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says:
I'm pretty sure the layerbreak is right, because agbx prepared the image, I burned it using it's generated .dvd file, and there's entries in IMGBurns log reading:
I 15:07:12 Writing Layer 0... (LBA: 0 - 1913759)
I 15:19:06 Writing Layer 1... (LBA: 1913760 - 3827487)
It's just odd to me that agbx returns those lines in yellow scanning disc itself.
I may have a flawed understanding, but I don't know how it could read all the data, let alone match hashes if it couldn't determine where the layer breaks.

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
1. verify your iso with abgx360
1.5 if abgx360 tells you it's an XGD3 game, you need a liteon iHAS drive with a modified firmware. (there might be other ways but i never bothered to learn them since i own an iHAS drive)
2. burn it into a Verbatim DVD-DL 2.4x with xbox backup creator.

me_man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. verify your iso with abgx360
1.5 if abgx360 tells you it's an XGD3 game, you need a liteon iHAS drive with a modified firmware. (there might be other ways but i never bothered to learn them since i own an iHAS drive)
2. burn it into a Verbatim DVD-DL 2.4x with xbox backup creator.
Passed with flying colors (well just green)
Not XGD3
I am using Verbatin DVD+DL, I thought those are the ones to use?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The iso or the burned disc?

You don't need to verify with imgburn, just with abgx after burn.
Well it depends on the yellow notices, if it tells you that sectors are missing from the disc then it is.
But if it was just some info about stealth on lt3 flashed drives etc. Then it's different..

I think i have some pal burned discs, and they worked fine on my flashed drive (stock system). I think you can't play out of region if you have an unflashed drive, but that changes if you have one i think.
no, I don't believe so. I guess the wisest person on this subject is @DinohScene . I'm pretty sure you can't play out of region games with the 360 unless you have a jtag/rgh.

• Love
Reactions: SylverReZ

me_man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That scares me a bit as far as getting banned. How would MS not ban you for that, unless your're vpn proxied or whatever. Still isn't the console supposed to be one region or the other?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That scares me a bit as far as getting banned. How would MS not ban you for that, unless your're vpn proxied or whatever. Still isn't the console supposed to be one region or the other?
you're correct. some are region free, others may be ntsc America and pal together. you'd have to check the game with abgx iirc. the region is up to the publisher.

btw, I'm not sure if this right, but the profile/account file on the 360 stores gpt files, which are the achievements for the game. I'm sure microsoft could see you're not using the same region. whether that's true or not, I do not know. a good portion of games are region free, though not all. the ps3 also does this. there are four games on the ps3 that are region locked iirc. one of them is one of the persona games iirc.

Reactions: me_man

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Microsoft won't ban you if you play "out of region games".
There's nothing that prevents you from physically getting a NTSC or PAL console (depending on where you live) and importing or digitally buying games for it.

Microsoft will ban you if they detect you've cheated your gamerscore, stupidly got your JTAG/RGH online, detection of badly patched backups or shitty backup media that fails certain checks the DVD drive performs and online cheating.

Reactions: SylverReZ

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft won't ban you if you play "out of region games".
There's nothing that prevents you from physically getting a NTSC or PAL console (depending on where you live) and importing or digitally buying games for it.

Microsoft will ban you if they detect you've cheated your gamerscore, stupidly got your JTAG/RGH online, detection of badly patched backups or shitty backup media that fails certain checks the DVD drive performs and online cheating.
I'm talking about say using an American-ntsc system and playing pal region-only games or JPN games that are JPN only. I'm pretty sure abgx can read this.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm talking about say using an American-ntsc system and playing pal region-only games or JPN games that are JPN only. I'm pretty sure abgx can read this.

If ABGX says said games are region free, they can be played on whatever system.
Actual out of region games require a JTAG/RGH.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, prove it
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it