Hacking Can you install Henaku Enso without a memory card?

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I wanna buy a psvita and found a really cheap one on ebay with a firmware below 3.6 but it dosnt come with a vita memory card and I don't wanna buy one since they are really expensive (Im planning to use sd2vita). I saw this https://gbatemp.net/threads/mlthaku-install-henkaku-with-sd2vita-without-memory-card.482254/ but im not so sure if that works or not... I also have a friend who already has a vita so could I just use his memory card for the installation then delete the files?

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
According to tomorrow's expected relaese from TheFlow, you will not need an original Vita Memory Card for setting up Henkaku, don't know about Ensö though. But I do recommend having one of at least 4GB for setting things up.

Last edited by CMDreamer,

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to tomorrow's expected relaese from TheFlow, you will not need a Vita Card for setting up Henkaku, don't know about Ensö though. But I do recommend having one of at least 4GB for setting things up.
Well it would be for the old exploit since its below 3.6.0 not the new one...

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.60 can get Enso without a memory card (iirc), but the (current) 3.65 update and h-encore have been stated to require an actual memory card (a 4gb one is fine though).

Last edited by SCOTT0852,

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Last time I installed Henkaku, I needed a Vita Memory Card. Some time afterwards, I installed Ensö and Ensö-3.65 after that, but I've always had a memory card. Anyway I do recommend you to get one.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would the 3.6.5 and h-encore get me?
Compatibility with more games and PSN access. It's also the last firmware that still supports coldboot.
(the 3.65 update is not the same as h-encore, h-encore is installing HENkaku on 3.65 while the update requires you to already have it on 3.60)

3.68 is another option, supporting every currently released game. However, it doesn't have coldboot. To me, that doesn't matter, as it only takes 15 seconds to go from the lock screen to HENkaku installed (the installing of HENkaku itself only takes 2 seconds!) and I always leave my Vita in sleep mode.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compatibility with more games and PSN access. It's also the last firmware that still supports coldboot.
(the 3.65 update is not the same as h-encore, h-encore is installing HENkaku on 3.65 while the update requires you to already have it on 3.60)

3.68 is another option, supporting every currently released game. However, it doesn't have coldboot. To me, that doesn't matter, as it only takes 15 seconds to go from the lock screen to HENkaku installed (the installing of HENkaku itself only takes 2 seconds!) and I always leave my Vita in sleep mode.
Ok thanks for the info! But could I use my friends vita memory card to do all of this then delete all the files that I made for the installation process?

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could I use my friends vita memory card to do all of this then delete all the files that I made for the installation process?
Probably (I'm not an expert on this stuff), but unless their Vita is already hacked you'll have to format the card. If it does happen to be hacked, go to the HENkaku settings and unlink the memory card before sticking it in your Vita.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably (I'm not an expert on this stuff), but unless their Vita is already hacked you'll have to format the card. If it does happen to be hacked, go to the HENkaku settings and unlink the memory card before sticking it in your Vita.
Ok thanks for the info! I think I'll just try to get a vita that comes with a card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...