Gaming Can you suggest an RPG...

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with a job/class system? All of a sudden I'm remembering how I loved Final Fantasy III on the DS, and I loved the job system. Any Action RPGs or traditional turn based RPGs with this? Please do not recommend strategy RPGs, I hate them very much. Thanks.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Oh umm.. nevermind, I can't read.
Well for some non-strategy RPGs with a job system...
Since the PSP can emulate other consoles:
Final Fantasy V for SNES/GBA, it has an improved version of FFIII's job system.
I don't know if you have or can emulate a PS2 but Final Fantasy X-2 and Final Fantasy XII: International Zodiac Job System have job systems (as if that wasn't obvious
laugh.gif
) too. Also, Final Fantasy XIII for 360/PS3.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Arwing789 said:
with a job/class system? All of a sudden I'm remembering how I loved Final Fantasy III on the DS, and I loved the job system. Any Action RPGs or traditional turn based RPGs with this? Please do not recommend strategy RPGs, I hate them very much. Thanks.

QUOTE(prowler_ @ Aug 15 2010, 02:02 PM) Wild Arms XF

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
Wild Arms XF
Uhh... He said that he hates strategy games. :B

I can only think of Valhalla Knights or Valhalla Knights 2, but they didn't get that good reviews, so don't get your hopes up.
But I still enjoyed Valhalla Knights though (no time to play the sequel), so it's worth a try.

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tales of the world radiant mythology is really cool since not only can you create your own character but you can switch classes and the classes can keep their levels. The only thing is that there's not that many classes maybe 8-10. Still though its a great game and if you ever played the tales games then you'll love it even more.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Doesn't turn based games also need strategy to play?
Because I know you can't just go running into battle without at least thinking of a strategy.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
prowler_ said:
Doesn't turn based games also need strategy to play?
Because I know you can't just go running into battle without at least thinking of a strategy.
Usually strategy RPGs are the many Tactics Ogre clones. And the others, turn-based or not are just RPGs.

overslept

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all for your answers! I will definitely play Final Fantasy V as I have a working gpsp...

I will also check out Tales of the World Radiant Mythology. That sounds pretty fun... it's in English, right o-o

I know I see a lot of those Tales games on PSP iso sites, but they're usually in Japanese only.

ALSO, when I say strategy RPGs, I mean games like Disgaea and War of the Lions.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Any reason why you hate sRPGs? I can kind of understand if you're just singling out Disgaea and WoTR since I'm not really into sRPGs myself, but there are some pretty good ones out there.

overslept

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They just aren't my thing. I've tried over and over again to like them, but I just couldn't.

For some reason War of the Lions just went WAYYYYYYY too slow for me. I couldn't even beat the first battle because by the time the AI was done picking it's moves and it was my turn, I was already asleep.

Disgaea is just weird. And BORING.

But if you can recommend one with classes that's not as boring as watching a PS3 firmware update, please do.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Arwing789 said:
They just aren't my thing. I've tried over and over again to like them, but I just couldn't.

For some reason War of the Lions just went WAYYYYYYY too slow for me. I couldn't even beat the first battle because by the time the AI was done picking it's moves and it was my turn, I was already asleep.

Disgaea is just weird. And BORING.

But if you can recommend one with classes that's not as boring as watching a PS3 firmware update, please do.
Well perhaps you should consider Wild Arms XF then, it's pretty fast. Very fast actually.

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I will also check out Tales of the World Radiant Mythology. That sounds pretty fun... it's in English, right o-o
Well part one is part two is still stuck in japan lol. It's really fun though you should try it.

QUOTEThey just aren't my thing. I've tried over and over again to like them, but I just couldn't.

I'm with you man I not only get bored of them quick but I suck at them too. I have war of lions and Jeanne Dark which both have above 8 on most sites but if I had to rate them I'd give them 6 at best. I'm still stuck near the beggining of war of lions right around when that stupid knight betrays you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu