I'm not sure of its limitations:

1637249955183.png

mydough

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I don't remember the instructions as it's been 10 years or so, but I once had a bad flash somehow, and I was able to fix it with the debian disc. I think it makes a wireless link between the system and the pc. all you need is to be able to boot into xell. can't say it will work, and I can't find a tutorial for it, but I have the live cd on my computer.
well i have a modified version of xell so probably wouldnt work?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nm, I think it's for xbr, which is much earlier firmware, plus I think you still need to open the system. I couldn't remember.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never seen those screens before. it's pretty difficult to get rid of xell, since it's only 50 blocks, and the first 50 blocks of the nand, so I can possibly see it still working even after an official update. maybe @brickmii82 or @DinohScene know what those screens are. it doesn't look good though.

Reactions: brickmii82

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get that screen sometimes when I boot up the N64 emulator with a memory stick that isn't compatible. It doesn't seem to work unless its an older thumb stick. Do you have a USB plugged in with a launch.ini file on it? Something likely isn't being read right due to either incompatibility or corruption.

mydough

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I get that screen sometimes when I boot up the N64 emulator with a memory stick that isn't compatible. It doesn't seem to work unless its an older thumb stick. Do you have a USB plugged in with a launch.ini file on it? Something likely isn't being read right due to either incompatibility or corruption
well its a formatted drive i might use my secondary usb that i know will most likely work

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was the update a game update or system update? Because if it's a system update, there will be some issues and you will need to have the rgh nand reflashed to the console. Also, updates burn fuses and update LDV(Lock Down Value) and nullify previous updates to prevent downgrade. If you have the original nand I dont believe it will work any longer, and Im not sure if you can safely update LDV on a stock nand without actually updating and go online. Looks like you go online so you might be KV banned already and it wouldnt matter stock or not, but the reflash thing is probably unavoidable if you did indeed system update.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I'm not sure if you'd need the launch.ini, but you can boot into the official dash with dashlaunch (sfc:dash.xex) by hold the right bumper when booting up or when selecting "guide home." if it still doesn't work, the debian disc may be your last hope outside of sending it to someone to fix.

Jamesgamingthe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK... I think I bricked this.
I tried to create a custom NAND with Dashlaunch, and I didn't face any kind of error in the process neither of patching it or flashing it, but now the console turns on but doesn't display any image... so yeah, I think this is bricked.
Fuck.
rip

mydough

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
So i fixed my Xbox by sending a updxell.bin file via a tftp. I wired my Xbox to my computer directly and use a static ip and it sent it to the modified XeLL version and got me the "normal" XeLL reloaded menu. After that i used a xenon.elf of a nand flashing program that i cannot remember the name of and used a nand dump that i modified using J-Runner to get my Dashboard back. Hope this help anyone who gets the same problem in the future!
( auto-dumper ) <---- Added this so hopefully someone looking to get rid of the modified XeLL version can find this post and maybe contact me.

Reactions: E1ite007

Maculo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! I have this problem a dashlaunch 3.21 when it shows me information at the bottom of the screen, I don´t know if this has happened to someone else too, but the board and the flash aren´t the same.
I did RGH 3.0 and the motherboard is a Falcon, I´m afraid something was done wrong and one day the console doesn´t boot.
Does anyone know what it could be?
Xbox.jpg

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I have this problem a dashlaunch 3.21 when it shows me information at the bottom of the screen, I don´t know if this has happened to someone else too, but the board and the flash aren´t the same.
I did RGH 3.0 and the motherboard is a Falcon, I´m afraid something was done wrong and one day the console doesn´t boot.
Does anyone know what it could be?View attachment 290282
dump the flash, it will tell you what it reads as.

Maculo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Also I have the log file when I flashed the new Nand, and it also says It is a Falcon

Attachments

• updflash(111220211040).txt
    17.2 KB · Views: 51

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu