Hacking Can't either figure out why my save isn't actually restoring or if it's because I'm too updated.

JoPic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to get the Hatchi (since the 1/10 thing was annoying lol), but it's oddly still the brain age game, but still works, the Homebrew Channel I have no longer works even after loading Mocha CFW. I did a lot of this recently so i am fairly new to this.

I was trying to edit a save and import it and was just trying to use some trainers, but neither seem to be working.

I am on 5.5.2, BOTW is 1.4.1 (legit disc), and have the DLC 2 (legit) as well.

One of the trainers says I need to be on 1.3.1 and the JGecko U connects, but the codes don't seem to work (but unlike the other, it no longer crashes on a connection after a lot of googling, added the path for the disassembly, even though I've no idea what it's for), but also noticed the version for the zelda game does say 1.0.0 Eur, I would need 1.4.1 USA codes, but don't know where to find them.

I used savemii to export my save, i edited the 6 folder's game_data.sav file on my sd card to hae 99998 rupees and 999 items. I used restore to add the save to the master mode save, and so I opened both save files in master mode and neither changed.

Summary of questions: What am I doing wrong for Hatchi, homebrew channel, mocha, editing saves (used an online editor... crap i don't know if I saved it, going to try again and edit this), exporting/importing saves for master mode specifically, the trainers, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Forgot to add am I supposed to edit the caption.sav instead, or as well? Think just editing the game_data.sav works for CEMU.

Last edited by JoPic,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it could be the update. I'm not entirely sure if more than one update can exist on a system. iirc, updates go in the usb01/usr/title/0005000e/title id folder. change usb to mlc if it's on the internal flash.

btw, you're loading two cfws on top of each other. either load haxchi or load mocha, you don't need both. :)

Reactions: JoPic

JoPic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I somehow must have forgot to add the new game save to my directory, it works now.

@godreborn, yeah I use the brain age channel to get in, is that *Haxchi? It takes me straight to Homebrew after BrainAge looks like it's about to load up, it's not the *HaxChi channel everyone else has... Also opening the Brain Age is the same as opening Mocha? If so, I won't open it any more, but weird I will just opened the Brain Age channel to get into homebrew and then hit home, then tried to open the Homebrew channel directly, and it gave me an error making me turn the game off still...

Edit: Savemii mod doesn't work unless I use Mocha, so guessing it's just a channel to get to homebrew, I likely did something wrong when installing *HaxChi.

Last edited by JoPic,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, you probably have the homebrew launcher set as default. you need to alter the config.txt and run the installer again to change it. change it to default=sysmenu if you want to boot into cfw directly. the error was probably caused due to being on ofw rather than cfw.

don't know about savemii mod, but that sounds kinda bizarre. I'd think there'd be a haxchi version. you can use saviine as well. it will make a connection from the pc to the wii u. you just need to input your pc's ip address and use the injector to inject the save. I've used before to test if it worked. it worked without issue. :) I think the problem may be the version number of the modified saves. if they're version-specific, that's probably the problem.

Reactions: JoPic

JoPic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow you replied back immediately, thank you, and yea i didn't, will get it tomorrow some time hopefully.

How do you add rep on this site btw? Ah never mind, liked both your posts.

Last edited by JoPic,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee