Capcom announces free PS5 and Xbox Series S/X upgrades for 'Resident Evil 2', 'Resident Evil 3' and 'Resident Evil 7' for existing owners

resi evil.jpg

Capcom has confirmed today that the PS5 and Xbox Series S/X versions of the RE Engine-developed Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3 and Resident Evil 7 will be available later this year. The company also announced that those who already purchased the game on PS4 or Xbox One will be eligible for a free upgrade at no additional cost through the PS4 to digital PS5 upgrade option or Xbox Smart Delivery system. There will also be a free upgrade patch made available for PC users.

The new-gen versions of all three titles will include features such as ray tracing, high frame rate and 3D audio. On the PS5, the titles will also support the DualSense support for Haptic Feedback and Adaptive Triggers.

However, a release window for the availability of these games on new-gen systems haven't been made public yet.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Capcom's projected sales for such things that low that they are not doing the RE4 treatment and paid rereleasing half a hundred times?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Bring Resident Evil 2, 3, 7, and 8 to the switch, you cowards!!! You're the ones that pushed Nintendo to put 4GB of RAM in the Switch so it could run your game engine, and now you don't even put your games in it. Pathetic, Capcom!!!

Reactions: Naster

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Bring Resident Evil 2, 3, 7, and 8 to the switch, you cowards!!! You're the ones that pushed Nintendo to put 4GB of RAM in the Switch so it could run your game engine, and now you don't even put your games in it. Pathetic, Capcom!!!
I think those particular games would murder a Switch. Unless you wanted to see them at 640x480 resolution.

Or streaming....

Reactions: Treeko and Marc_LFD

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Awesome, I have RE-7 on Ps4, if I ever get a Ps5 I'll appreciate the free upgrades, although I prefer RE-5 for the split-creen couch co-op experience.

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Village on Switch? Maybe with the successor of the Switch.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still don't have a PS5 so I have a question. Does this upgrade only work if you buy a brand new PS4 game or can I just buy a second hand cheap copy in the future?

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The games already looked really good, not sure if it's worth a replay after the patch.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't have a PS5 so I have a question. Does this upgrade only work if you buy a brand new PS4 game or can I just buy a second hand cheap copy in the future?
You're thinking along the lines of a redeemable code or one-time use "thing," but discs aren't like that.

Microsoft did try that and it backfired, hence the success of PS4's launch.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
And suddenly,CAPCOM "finds" his old Gems to make more Money with them....
Oh wait,did they say FREE ? Yeah !!! :yay:

Capcom announces free.......Upgrades.......Resident Evil 3
Ah,pretty sure the "missing Levels and Locations....."

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
They already gave it a go by releasing Biohazard 7: Cloud Version in Japan. It was awful. The Switch simply doesn’t have the brawn to run those titles natively.

Reactions: Treeko and Marc_LFD

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice I've been wanting to replay RE 2 and 3 lately. I wonder if they will have their own trophies/achievements from the ps4 and Xbox one versions. If they do, I guess I will be REplatinuming them.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
all free upgrades worked with all the discs, you put the disc in and it will say if you want to download ps5 version instead.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
inb4 they're all cloud versions

Reactions: Jayro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: