Capcom announces Mega Man Legacy Collection and confirms E3 Lineup

capcomlogo.jpg

Capcom just released their E3 2015 lineup. Below you can see the full unedited press release. Please be excited.

London, UK. -- June 8, 2015 -- Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced new details for its upcoming title lineup and confirmed its roster of playable titles to be shown at the 2015 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles next week. The newly announced Mega Man(TM) Legacy Collection includes faithful reproductions of the original six Mega Man(R) games along with a new Challenge Mode and a Museum collection of art assets that will appeal to both new players and diehard fans. This digital collection will be available across North America and Europe this summer for PlayStation(R)4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PC, followed by a winter release on Nintendo 3DS(TM). In addition to playable demos for Mega Man Legacy Collection, Resident Evil(TM) 0, and Devil May Cry(TM) 4 Special Edition, E3 will be the first major event appearance for the highly anticipated Street Fighter(TM) V, which will hype up its presence with a tournament stage and interactive photo opportunity for attendees. Capcom will release new assets and information for Street Fighter V on June 15.

Details on Capcom's full roster of titles on display at its booth #2423 in the South Hall of the LA Convention Centre are as follows:

Street Fighter V (PS4(TM), PC):

The legendary fighting franchise returns with Street Fighter V! Powered by Unreal(R) Engine 4 technology, stunning visuals depict the next generation of World Warriors in unprecedented detail, while exciting and accessible battle mechanics deliver endless fighting fun that both beginners and veterans can enjoy. Challenge friends online, or compete for fame and glory on the Capcom Pro Tour. Street Fighter V will be released exclusively for the PlayStation(R)4 and PC. Through a strategic partnership between Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. and Capcom, the next generation Street Fighter(R) experience will offer cross-platform play that will unite fans into a centralized player base for the first time ever. The path to greatness begins here: RISE UP!

Mega Man Legacy Collection (PS4, Xbox One, PC - summer; Nintendo 3DS - winter):

Mega Man Legacy Collection is a celebration of the 8-bit history of Capcom's iconic Blue Bomber. Featuring faithful reproductions of the series' origins with the original six Mega Man games, the Legacy Collection will remind long-time fans and introduce newcomers to what made Mega Man such a popular and iconic character. In addition to the six Mega Man games, Mega Man Legacy Collection features new ways to experience the classic games with the Museum Mode and new Challenge Mode. Challenge Mode remixes gameplay segments from all six games, with plenty of scaling difficulty objectives for experienced players to conquer yet serving as a good starting point for new players, too. Museum Mode contains a comprehensive collection of history, high-res art and original concept pieces - a mega treat for any fan of Mega Man and video game history.

Resident Evil 0 (PS4, PS3(TM), Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC - Early 2016):

The recently confirmed Resident Evil 0 is a remastered version of the popular prequel to the original Resident Evil(R) game. The new title takes the fear-inducing atmosphere from the original 2002 release and transforms it with stunning new HD visuals, improved sound, widescreen support and an optional modernized control system. Both series fans and newcomers alike can experience the story of what really happened before the iconic mansion incident that was the catalyst for the entire Resident Evil saga.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (PS4, Xbox One, PC - Available from June 23, 2015):

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition includes the original 2008 release, which went on to sell over 3 million copies worldwide, plus three new playable characters, Turbo Mode, Legendary Dark Knight Mode, new costumes, and additional gameplay improvements. With a total of five unique playable characters, Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition features the largest roster in any Devil May Cry(R) game to date. The Special Edition also features freshly powered-up visuals on PC and next gen consoles, supporting a 1080p resolution and stunning high-res textures, and also retains the original title's smooth 60fps.

D

Deleted User

I'm getting real sick of Classic Mega Man getting slammed in my face around every corner, I'm a Mega Man fan, but I hate the 8-bit series, I hated Mega Man 9, I hated Mega Man 10 and I hated the Mega Man 2 demo on SSB4. Mega Man X was the first good Mega Man series.

Why can't we have a new successor to ZX? Or Legends 3? Or what about a Battle Network MMO?

Where are the new Mega Man games Capcom? You used to release them regularly from before I got into the series in 2004 to 2008 and they were all good games besides Classic and Starforce.

I don't care about Resident Evil or Street Fighter and I don't know what Devil May Cry is, you have only one job in my life and that's releasing good Mega Man games.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting real sick of Classic Mega Man getting slammed in my face around every corner, I'm a Mega Man fan, but I hate the 8-bit series, I hated Mega Man 9, I hated Mega Man 10 and I hated the Mega Man 2 demo on SSB4. Mega Man X was the first good Mega Man series.

Why can't we have a new successor to ZX? Or Legends 3? Or what about a Battle Network MMO?

Where are the new Mega Man games Capcom? You used to release them regularly from before I got into the series in 2004 to 2008 and they were all good games besides Classic and Starforce.

I don't care about Resident Evil or Street Fighter and I don't know what Devil May Cry is, you have only one job in my life and that's releasing good Mega Man games.
You speaketh great blasphemy!!!!!

Anyway releasing only one game is horrible for business and you know it is

Reactions: chartube12

PolyChrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was popping a champagne to celebrate, but later I realized that I misread "Legacy" for "Legends". What a letdown. :(

D

Deleted User

How many highly anticipated Mega Man games have been cancelled so far? I got 3 by my count but I wouldn't be surprised if there was more.

It's like they spend all that money on half making a game just to troll us.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only interesting thing about this whole thing is Challenging Mode, not even the 15$ price tag is good because Anniversary Collection was 20$ and had most of this plus 4 extra games.

I understand. The 15 dollars seems too expensive compared to Anniversary Collection was a good deal. However, I hate the collection for few reasons. One of them according to wiki:

• Mega Man 7's ending was altered, due to the fact that the developers had problems emulating the Mode-7 effects. As such, after Mega Man escaped Dr. Wily's fortress, the ending consisted of just the credits without the accompanying animated sequence.

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Man_Anniversary_Collection

So the 1-6 for this is more faithful to old NES version that Anniversary Collection does not.

Last edited by spotanjo3,
Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I understand. The 15 dollars seems too expensive compared to Anniversary Collection was a good deal. However, I hate the collection for few reasons. One of them according to wiki:

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Man_Anniversary_Collection

So the 1-6 for this is more faithful to old NES version that Anniversary Collection does not.
The Anniversary Collection in general is a pretty shoddy port. I played it on both GameCube and PS2, and in addition to the fucked up button mapping on the GameCube version, the color saturation was absolutely atrocious. Not to mention the sound. I barely played classic Mega Man on the NES, and even I noticed that.

Last edited by TripleSMoon,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Anniversary Collection in general is a pretty shoddy port. I played it on both GameCube and PS2, and in addition to the fucked up button mapping on the GameCube version, the color saturation was absolutely atrocious. Not to mention the sound. I barely played classic Mega Man on the NES, and even I noticed that.

Yeah, I haven't played Anniversary Collection even thought I have it but I was told that it does screwed up button mapping on the GameCube version. PS2 doesn't have a problem ? Curiosity.

If you played classic Mega Man on the NES then you will know why. I will stick with this version instead. :) However, the 15 dollars is a rip off. :glare:

FranckKnight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For megaman Legacy, they say 'faithful reproductions', but I also hope it's a tad more than a straight port, they already did that on the PS2. Heck, why didn't they add MM7 and 8 to the mix? Go up to 9 and 10 while at it, they already are on the PSN/XBL/Whatever. How about Rockman & Fprte (Megaman & Bass), don't tell me they will be able to fill a BlueRay with this.

Unless it's a Digital only thing, then I understand a bit more why they'd go with a smaller collection to some degree, it would probably be better than buying them separately at the very least.

D

Deleted User

For megaman Legacy, they say 'faithful reproductions', but I also hope it's a tad more than a straight port, they already did that on the PS2. Heck, why didn't they add MM7 and 8 to the mix? Go up to 9 and 10 while at it, they already are on the PSN/XBL/Whatever. How about Rockman & Fprte (Megaman & Bass), don't tell me they will be able to fill a BlueRay with this.

Unless it's a Digital only thing, then I understand a bit more why they'd go with a smaller collection to some degree, it would probably be better than buying them separately at the very least.
8 bit games are like up to 2 Megabytes and SNES games don't take up much either, heck many N64 games were less than 100MB IIRC. they could easily fit the others

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing for RE:R2 for vita? the fuck you thinking capcom.

this is why Mega Man AC on PS2/GC (GC hack with button switch) is so much better then this turd comming out.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
nothing for RE:R2 for vita? the fuck you thinking capcom.

this is why Mega Man AC on PS2/GC (GC hack with button switch) is so much better then this turd comming out.
Um... they're thinking that the Vita is more or less a dead platform (except for indies), and it's not worth releasing on there? Seriously, the thing is floundering worse than the Wii U, and Sony has more or less admitted that they've given up on it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Vita, but you can't blame third parties for not wanting to develop for it when the manufacturer itself says they're not focusing on it and calls it a "legacy platform" only three years after release.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Um... they're thinking that the Vita is more or less a dead platform (except for indies), and it's not worth releasing on there?
Which is why the game is being released on Vita. What DJPlace means is that Capcom doesn't want to hype this port up on E3 and behavior like this is exactly why people think the Vita is dead, which it isn't.

Seriously, the thing is floundering worse than the Wii U
Which is why it sells better than Wii U.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Which is why the game is being released on Vita. What DJPlace means is that Capcom doesn't want to hype this port up on E3 and behavior like this is exactly why people think the Vita is dead, which it isn't.
Source? Capcom confirmed PS4, Xbone, PC, and 3DS, not Vita. Unless there's more recent news that I missed.
Which is why it sells better than Wii U.
Once again, source? Last I checked, both Vita and 3DS were sitting around 10 million units sold. And considering how the Vita has been around for about a year longer, that's not very good at all. And when one manufacturer is dedicated to releasing more quality first party titles over the years (Nintendo) and the other has made statements suggesting they've given up (Sony), which one do you think will survive in the long run?

Again, I love my Vita. I love my Wii U too. But the writing is on the wall for the Vita, and has been for a long while. Expecting it to be anything but an obscure Japanese and indie game machine is unrealistic at this point. And either way, the Wii U comparisons are irrelevant to this discussion, since Capcom isn't releasing this on Wii U for the same reasons as the Vita.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Source? Capcom confirmed PS4, Xbone, PC, and 3DS, not Vita. Unless there's more recent news that I missed.
Yes you've missed it. We know of this port since December.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/04/10/resident-evil-revelations-2-ps-vita-status-check/

Once again, source? Last I checked, both Vita and 3DS were sitting around 10 million units sold. And considering how the Vita has been around for about a year longer, that's not very good at all. And when one manufacturer is dedicated to releasing more quality first party titles over the years (Nintendo) and the other has made statements suggesting they've given up (Sony), which one do you think will survive in the long run?
The Wii U hasn't passed the 10 million mark yet while Vita is halfway there to the 11 Million mark. http://puu.sh/iioiK/e28f3f70c0.png
One with strong first party support and no 3rd party support while the other with no first party support and strong 3rd party support (from japan). I think the Wii U is a more embarrassing fail. Consoles usually have an easier time selling hardware than handheld (at least in the west, where Nintendo is evidentially more popular) and not being able to outperform a under performing handheld is really embarrassing and probably the reason why this Megaman Lazy collection won't be on Wii U and Vita.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is going be no new mega man games. the maker of mega man left crapcom. correct me if i'm wrong i think he went to the company that is making mighty 9. so mighty 9 is the next gen mega man. DEAL WITH IT!!

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U32Hl4uSBs