Captain Toad coming to 3DS & Switch (Demo out now)

Grab your backpack and headtorch, and prepare to set off on a charming puzzle-platforming adventure in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, coming to Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family systems on 13th July. The game includes levels based on four of the Kingdoms from Super Mario Odyssey, with the newly released Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Overview Trailer offering a sneak peek at them. Players who can’t wait to meet the sometimes nervous but always courageous Captain Toad can now download a free demo version of the game – available for both Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS.

As a platforming game, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is a little different from the rest. For starters, the Captain’s heavy backpack means jumping is not possible – so in order to guide him past the various enemies, traps and obstacles that stand between him and the precious Power Star in each course, players will need to take a different approach. Rather than rushing in head-first, it’s important to put some thought into plotting Captain Toad’s route, and even more important to use the adjustable camera to carefully observe the surroundings from all angles. Each level is a compact and lovingly-crafted diorama in its own right, designed using the same “miniature garden” concept – called“hakoniwa” in Japanese – that inspired much of the level design in Super Mario Odyssey. This means that lots of charming details, along with plenty of surprises and hidden collectibles, are packed in to what at first glance might seem likequite a small space.

With more than 70 levels to conquer, there’s plenty to keep even the most intrepid explorer occupied for a long while. As seen in the Overview Trailer, four of these are bonus levels based on Kingdoms featured in Super Mario Odyssey: Metro Kingdom, Sand Kingdom, Cascade Kingdom and Luncheon Kingdom. These bonus levels can be unlocked through regular gameplay, but they can be accessed straight away by scanning one of theSuper Mario Odyssey amiibo figures: Mario (Wedding Outfit), Peach (Wedding Outfit) and Bowser (Wedding Outfit). Scanning the Toad amiibo figure will cause a powerful Invincibility Mushroom appear, while scanning any other amiibo will provide the useful bonus of a 1-Up or two.

The Nintendo Switch version of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is available now for digital pre-load via Nintendo eShop, priced at €39.99 /£34.99. By purchasing the game now and pre-loading it to their Nintendo Switch consoles, keen players can be among the first to access the game when it is released at 00:00 local time on 13th July. It’s also worth remembering that digital purchases earn Gold Points worth 5% of the total amount paid, which can be spent on future purchases of Nintendo Switch games and downloadable content in Nintendo eShop.

Join Captain Toad on a pleasantly puzzling adventure in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker,coming to Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family systems on 13th July 2018. You’ll even get the chance to revisit some favourite Kingdoms from Super Mario Odyssey! A free demo version of the game is available now on Nintendo eShop.

:arrow: Captain Toad Official Site

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Or they can give us both, like how we got pikmin 1 and 2 on the Wii? (not really comparable... but you get the idea)
Fair. I take aaaalll the Pikmin games I can get :lol: (Seriously why are there so few Pikmin clones out there. Is there anything good beside (New) Little King's Story, Overlord series and Masters of Anima?)

Last edited by VitaType,
Reactions: AutumnWolf

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I just hate the 3DS's blurry textures on Wooly World. It's so bad it distracts from the gameplay for me.
I dont think its blurry. Its a bit jagged and pixel can be noticed when observed keenly but not to the point it distracts me. Resident evil and MH games looks decent to me. But xenoblade is the true game that will hurt your eyes.

TheMrIron2

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Another port. Great. That's sure gonna help convince me to drop my Wii U. Seriously, they need to sort out their priorities because right now the Switch library is an insult to anyone with a Wii U, and so far will be for the foreseeable future with the sole exceptions being maybe 3 games: Odyssey, Metroid Prime 4 and Smash Ultimate.

Reactions: Jayro

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also like the Wii U and still don't care if they port most, if not all, Wii U titles. For me, there's a lot of games that I want to play and not just the Wii U titles that I missed.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Another port. Great. That's sure gonna help convince me to drop my Wii U. Seriously, they need to sort out their priorities because right now the Switch library is an insult to anyone with a Wii U, and so far will be for the foreseeable future with the sole exceptions being maybe 3 games: Odyssey, Metroid Prime 4 and Smash Ultimate.
I couldn't agree more, I didn't intend on the Switch being a Wii U port machine. That's not why I bought it. I want first-party original games, prequels, sequels, third-party originals, etc. So far I think the vast majority of Switch games ARE in-fact ports. Makes me sad man... Even Zelda was a port... I can hardly wait to see what a Zelda game looks like with Switch optimization... Textures always look so good on games made FOR the switch, and look smeared, blurred, etc when it's a port.

TheMrIron2

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I think the worst part is that Nintendo are giving over 10 million fans almost no reason to upgrade. It's almost pathetic - have they run out of ideas, or what? Even Miyamoto doesn't understand why the Switch is selling.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to find the demo on the eShop? I may not be looking hard enough but so far it hasn't seemed to be there. :(

And was pretty happy since it's a cool game.
On the eShop page for the game, there's a Download Demo button. Look under "Coming Soon".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.