Gaming Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles -- Is there an alternate method of unlocking SotN?

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
My friend recently bought Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles and has yet to touch it because the Symphony of the Night half of the game isn't accessible from the get-go. We know of the 'go to stage 3, do some stuff' method, but my friend doesn't want to do that. They apparently despise Rondo of Blood for some reason. I'm not sure what reason, though, as all I can get out of them on the subject is something about a stage 4.

Are there any alternate ways of unlocking Symphony of the Night? Specifically methods that can be done without starting to play Rondo of Blood?

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get a complete save from somewhere. the only way to unlock it is to earn it which you earn it in stage 3. you can offer to unlock it for him if you like rondo of blood.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the PSP hacked? If so I would just say convert your SOTN ISO into something the PSP can play (I think the program is called Popstation?)

If it isn't hacked... I don't know what would be best.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
get a complete save from somewhere. the only way to unlock it is to earn it which you earn it in stage 3. you can offer to unlock it for him if you like rondo of blood.

I've tried this, but they refuse outside help. Their reasoning goes something like this:

"If I don't get it myself, it isn't my save. I must unlock it myself without downloading a save or playing that god forsaken game that should burn in the deepest reaches of hell and should never have been in this compilation. They should've put that GBA one on there instead."

My friend is in denial, I think. I'll see if I can't get them blackout drunk and then fix their game for them, then tell them the next day that they went hardcore and unlocked it themself after they got drunk.

Is the PSP hacked? If so I would just say convert your SOTN ISO into something the PSP can play (I think the program is called Popstation?)

If it isn't hacked... I don't know what would be best.

Their PSP isn't hacked, actually. The moment I suggest it, they go into a rant about how everyone should support the developers of what they play and no games are free. They're a hypocrite, as I helped them not even a week ago with emulating some SNES games.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried this, but they refuse outside help. Their reasoning goes something like this:

"If I don't get it myself, it isn't my save. I must unlock it myself without downloading a save or playing that god forsaken game that should burn in the deepest reaches of hell and should never have been in this compilation. They should've put that GBA one on there instead."

My friend is in denial, I think. I'll see if I can't get them blackout drunk and then fix their game for them, then tell them the next day that they went hardcore and unlocked it themself after they got drunk.

Their PSP isn't hacked, actually. The moment I suggest it, they go into a rant about how everyone should support the developers of what they play and no games are free. They're a hypocrite, as I helped them not even a week ago with emulating some SNES games.

kay i understand. what is it that he doesn't like rondo of blood? i'll admit it is hard but it's NES hard(well it is a remake from that time era). i understand not liking a game with a reason, but not liking a game with no reason to not like it i don't understand.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Might I make a suggestion? If he wants to play SotN he is better off getting it from PSN if he wants to support the developer. The version of SotN on Dracula X chronicles is the sega saturn version. They didn't optimize it for PSP, and the version itself is a way lesser experience. With the only fun addition maria, nerf'd in the PSP version for some strange reason.

for more detail on the port of a port http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/cv-sotn/documents/nocturne-port.htm

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
The PSP version is not a port of the Saturn version.
It's the PS version with different additions: Maria is different from her Saturn counterpart, and the translation was redone.
However, the extra areas, enemies and music from the Saturn version are not included.

Playing through Rondo of Blood until the SoTN unlock should be pretty easy (15 minutes at most).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
He can support the developers by buying the games, and dumping the ISO himself. ISO doesn't mean piracy.
just for information, there's a re-translation of SOTN by Gemini/throughhim413/Tom : http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1427/
He will support Japanese developers by buying the Japanese version and can play the game with better english.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Could be worse. I'm trying to get rid of my copy of Dracula X Chronicles (My PSP is damaged beyond repair, I have no use for any of my games any more) but because it's US imported I can't sell it anywhere around here. I actually wouldn't mind playing SOTN myself though, I might shell out the £8 to grab it off PSN. Tracking down a decent copy of the original disc is next to impossible outside of eBay, which is never good to me anyway :(

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense kid, but your friend's a dingbat. Won't go through the game to unlock SOTN, but also won't download a save to unlock it... Some people you just can't help.

And yeah, it's definitely not the Saturn version but the PSX version with a few unimportant changes (new but still terrible translation, different song in the ending, etc)

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol your friend doesnt deserve your help lol
Probably so. They've already gotten their free support privileges taken away because of their conduct when I tried to make them understand that a software update to their graphics card will not allow their 10+ year old computer with hardware that hasn't been swapped out in years to play something like Crysis 3 on maximum graphical settings.

And their brother has already been denied support at all and keeps coming back for more sometimes. I mean, seriously, all they want me to do is complete their college tech-related assignments and pay me via sex and weed.

Just a roundabout team, these two. One doesn't understand basic physics and the other doesn't understand that not all girls want to smoke weed and have sex with Lardo McBeetus.

StevenMcFlyJr1979

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably so. They've already gotten their free support privileges taken away because of their conduct when I tried to make them understand that a software update to their graphics card will not allow their 10+ year old computer with hardware that hasn't been swapped out in years to play something like Crysis 3 on maximum graphical settings.

And their brother has already been denied support at all and keeps coming back for more sometimes. I mean, seriously, all they want me to do is complete their college tech-related assignments and pay me via sex and weed.

Just a roundabout team, these two. One doesn't understand basic physics and the other doesn't understand that not all girls want to smoke weed and have sex with Lardo McBeetus.

Sora ... I think I love you. Came here looking for some info, read the previous posted message. LOVE IT! And I'm a dude! Haha1

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sora ... I think I love you. Came here looking for some info, read the previous posted message. LOVE IT! And I'm a dude! Haha1
Please, next time you're going to reply to a thread look at the date of the last reply, this thread is 4 years old.
And please don't take this as an offense, I'm simply warning you not to necrobump threads as it's against the rules.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.