Homebrew CaVE Database Manager - A SNES, NES, N64, Genesis Switch Online modding App

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
HAHAHA a fool trying its best. Name one game --not on the official list by nintendo-- that works better on nso than mupen? ignorant jerk try harder next time
What the hell is wrong with you? It was a "FOOL" just like these the ones that got your beloves MUPEN to exist, I remember a time (a long time ago) when There was a nevr eneding discussion on why using project64 was far better than the Mupen core cuz retroarch just never worked fine with N64 games and anyone who believed the core will ever work correctly was either an idiot or an asslicker, wch one are you?, You're in the same level as the griefers in GTAO, U just a sad troll who has nothing to apport aside from bitching.

Reactions: The_Chaotician

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not here to claim one emu is better than the other. There's no reason both cant exist. If you have such a boner for other emus, fine! No one is forcing you to use NSO or be on this thread in general. Your opinion is like your asshole. Every one has one, no one cares about seeing yours. That just leaves you here for the purpose of being a smug jerk. Please leave us be. Such people and talk are toxic. It exists in every community I work on projects for. People who cant fathom why others dont want to use the fan emu they are in love with, and people who cant understand why you would want to use a non-official emu. They are not going to find common ground, period. So they should just stay away from each other.

That said, there will always be pros and cons between emus. For example, the official SNES emus tend to have BETTER input delay compared to the fan emus. Shocker considering that N64 NSO emu is getting known for having worse. But even that isnt 100% true. It's per game. Zelda has worse input delay, but not all of the games. The code will be worked on as more games are officially released, and we may just see more options to improve games. So it makes sense to figure stuff out now. Further... I dont care one bit if its a worse emu. I'm here just to figure it out. If all you care about is what runs games better at this very moment.... fine. Go use the fan emu and move on.

--

Anyway...

Since my post yesterday, Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, and Shadows of the Empire have been added.

I got side tracked too long working on the Pokemon Snap stick issue. I got it fixed, but theres a issue with pictures being blank or not counted that I need to solve. Thankfully, these are known issues with other emulators, which helps. So hopefully I can get that solved and learn more in the process like the stick issue.

Last edited by DarkAkuma,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got side tracked too long working on the Pokemon Snap stick issue. I got it fixed, but theres a issue with pictures being blank or not counted that I need to solve. Thankfully, these are known issues with other emulators, which helps. So hopefully I can get that solved and learn more in the process like the stick issue.
I think I remember from the retroarch thread that this is because framebuffer emulation is required, which makes sense.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Crashdummyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey Dark thanks for your awesome work.
Well I guess awesome as I have yet to try it :D

Just out of curiosity...
I wrote some Webfrontend that uses an underlying rest api to manage and start games/roms on my PC or push them to some other devices ( Tablet, Switch and so on ).

Is there a way to include cave into my process?
Something among the line of invoking it with some args

`cave.exe --database "path/to/db" --input "./roms/n64/SomeGame.n64" --metaPack "./dtz/SomeGame.dtz"`

Perrito123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If dark can port this game I will pop my pants ninja goemooooioiiinnn woooahha

Attachments

• MysticalNinjaStarringGoemon (1).jpg
    MysticalNinjaStarringGoemon (1).jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: Donnie-Burger

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If dark can port this game I will pop my pants ninja goemooooioiiinnn woooahha

:shit: pants incoming it seems...

2021110402540800_s.jpg
2021110402543700_s.jpg
2021110402561600_s.jpg

The dtz is posted to the list. Thanks for reminding me. I created it a couple days ago for someone, and let them handle the testing. I didnt test and refine it on my own, so it never got finished.

Perrito123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Perrito123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Attachments

• Goemonsgreatadvbox.jpg
    Goemonsgreatadvbox.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 76

Hirommk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
No estoy aquí para afirmar que un emú sea mejor que el otro. No hay razón para que ambos no puedan existir. Si tienes tal erección por otros emús, ¡bien! Nadie te está obligando a usar NSO o estar en este hilo en general. Tu opinión es como tu gilipollas. Todo el mundo tiene uno, a nadie le importa ver el tuyo. Eso te deja aquí con el propósito de ser un idiota engreído. Por favor déjenos en paz. Tales personas y conversaciones son tóxicas. Existe en todas las comunidades para las que trabajo en proyectos. Personas que no pueden entender por qué otros no quieren usar el emú fan del que están enamorados, y personas que no pueden entender por qué querrías usar un emú no oficial. No van a encontrar puntos en común, punto. Así que deberían mantenerse alejados el uno del otro.

Dicho esto, siempre habrá pros y contras entre los emús. Por ejemplo, los emúes oficiales de SNES tienden a tener un MEJOR retardo de entrada en comparación con los emús de fan. Sorprendente teniendo en cuenta que N64 NSO emu se está haciendo conocido por tener peor. Pero incluso eso no es 100% cierto. Es por juego. Zelda tiene un retraso de entrada peor, pero no todos los juegos. Se trabajará en el código a medida que se lancen oficialmente más juegos, y es posible que veamos más opciones para mejorar los juegos. Así que tiene sentido resolver las cosas ahora. Además ... no me importa un poco si es un peor emú. Estoy aquí solo para resolverlo. Si lo único que te importa es qué hace que los juegos funcionen mejor en este mismo momento ... bien. Ve a usar el fan emu y sigue adelante.

--

De todas formas...

Desde mi publicación de ayer, se agregaron Pokémon Stadium 1 y 2 y Shadows of the Empire .

Me desviaron demasiado tiempo trabajando en el problema de Pokémon Snap Stick. Lo solucioné, pero hay un problema con las imágenes en blanco o no contadas que debo resolver. Afortunadamente, estos son problemas conocidos con otros emuladores, lo que ayuda. Así que espero poder resolverlo y aprender más en el proceso, como el problema de la suspensión.
always there are persons so, in facebook a time i ask por snes online with many games and they all say me use retroarch, and i am not asking retroarch, i am asking snes online, i prefer use a emulator which doesn't cause me crash atmosphere just for a single wrong than a emulator full, anyway i am waiting so much banjo tooie, golden eye and donkey kong 64, i guess that if you can put zelda majoras mask, you could put those games, i guess xD good luck, i hope somebody make a tutorial video because i am better with video than text and also because i speak spanish, not english, anyway good day

Dinko1310

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I have a question. A used the program for adding n64 games. I added 2 games and everything works great but the n64 online app don't show the original 9 n64. Is this normal? Did i miss something or do i need to add the games by myself?

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. A used the program for adding n64 games. I added 2 games and everything works great but the n64 online app don't show the original 9 n64. Is this normal? Did i miss something or do i need to add the games by myself?

Sounds like you selected "Empty Database" when you created your database. If you want to use the stock 9 games too, go to the "File > Add Game > Add Stock Game" menu and add them 1 by one. Or remake your database, this time selecting "v1.0.0.0".

Dinko1310

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sounds like you selected "Empty Database" when you created your database. If you want to use the stock 9 games too, go to the "File > Add Game > Add Stock Game" menu and add them 1 by one. Or remake your database, this time selecting "v1.0.0.0".
wow, it works great. deletet some bopring games and added new ones and its looks and plays great. thank you

Reactions: DarkAkuma

potlick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not here to claim one emu is better than the other. There's no reason both cant exist. If you have such a boner for other emus, fine! No one is forcing you to use NSO or be on this thread in general. Your opinion is like your asshole. Every one has one, no one cares about seeing yours. That just leaves you here for the purpose of being a smug jerk. Please leave us be. Such people and talk are toxic. It exists in every community I work on projects for. People who cant fathom why others dont want to use the fan emu they are in love with, and people who cant understand why you would want to use a non-official emu. They are not going to find common ground, period. So they should just stay away from each other.

That said, there will always be pros and cons between emus. For example, the official SNES emus tend to have BETTER input delay compared to the fan emus. Shocker considering that N64 NSO emu is getting known for having worse. But even that isnt 100% true. It's per game. Zelda has worse input delay, but not all of the games. The code will be worked on as more games are officially released, and we may just see more options to improve games. So it makes sense to figure stuff out now. Further... I dont care one bit if its a worse emu. I'm here just to figure it out. If all you care about is what runs games better at this very moment.... fine. Go use the fan emu and move on.

--

Anyway...

Since my post yesterday, Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, and Shadows of the Empire have been added.

its been over 20yrs-ish since ive posted any comments on gbatemp. your comment above convinced me to make a new account and reply.

ive got 3 working .dtz files for you to to add onto your list. games are wcw vs nwo, wcw vs nwo revenge, wrestlemania 2k. very playable. is it legal to post the .dtz on gbatemp?

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question regarding region compatibility. My NES and SNES databases work just fine, so I think this is limited to N64 and SMD only.

N64: All of my ROMs are the European versions. The games I have added all work with (what I assume to be US) meta packs, except for Diddy Kong Racing. The compatibility list mentions borked textures which is what I’m seeing but it’s really bad. Have I done something wrong here or is that just how it is?

SMD: Again, all of my ROMs are European. Some boot, some don’t. Those that don’t display an error message saying they are only intended for PAL systems. Guessing this is a simple fix if I replace the games that don’t work with US versions of the ROMs?

Then there’s Golden Axe 3. Since there isn’t a ROM for it that isn’t Japan native, I get a similar error message (something like “cannot be used on a US system”). Is the only way to get this to work to create a new Database for the Japanese version of the N64 NSO app?

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
:shit: pants incoming it seems...

View attachment 283119View attachment 283120View attachment 283121

The dtz is posted to the list. Thanks for reminding me. I created it a couple days ago for someone, and let them handle the testing. I didnt test and refine it on my own, so it never got finished.

You wonderful person. This was one of 2 games (the other being Mischief Makers) which run poorly under Mupen, that I really wanted to play on switch. But I also didn't want to nag for specific games.

Last edited by Ty_,
Reactions: CrazyRach82

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1