Homebrew CaVE Database Manager - A SNES, NES, N64, Genesis Switch Online modding App

Trinda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm wanting to try this for GBA, but I'm not able to find the leaked 01008bf00a1c8000.nsp after a bit of googling. Can anyone provide a hint, if a direct link isn't possible?

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm wanting to try this for GBA, but I'm not able to find the leaked 01008bf00a1c8000.nsp after a bit of googling. Can anyone provide a hint, if a direct link isn't possible?
We can't provide hints or direct links but you don't need that leaked sloop NSP anymore, you can just use the regular GBA NSO now.

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats for Sloop not GBA or GB NSO

Well, they are both GBA. But yes. To make it more clear, Sloop is obsolete. There is basically no reason to use it anymore. So get NSO GBA. Same for Hiyoko. Its obsolete, so use NSO GB (Sloop and Hiyoko are basically the prototypes for the NSO app counterparts).

That said... if you did want to use Sloop, yea. Find the leaked file yourself. If you cant, blame the idiots on the internet who spread the stupid hacked repack instead of the original file. Utterly moronic... I've said it before, ill say it again. Anywhere you find that stupid repack, ask them to remove it and replace it with the proper original version.

I can report it is easy to import a save file on GBA games for NSO, simply dump the save using checkpoint, put your save in the right directory of the game with catridge.sram and rename your save to it and replace catridge.sram, then reimport your save using Checkpoint. This worked with mGBA saves.

Good to know. With most of the apps, its thats simple. But N64 made it a little more complex. Maybe SNES too... or I may be thinking SNES Classic...

Either way... I suppose its time to make a quick guide in the FAQ.

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
After some testing there are a lot of GBA Hakd games that will boot but some will not pass the title screen or a very specific part of the new game startup, this can easely be bypassd by simply injecting a save that is past that initial startup, examples of this is the various sprite haks of megaman zero 3 and the multiple Pokemon fan games.

ljhkrrrrrrr

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I want to exchange and play Pokémon between the Red and Blue versions. Is there any way?
Yes. And no. Depends on exactly what you want to do, and your resources available.

If you play one a bit then you can trade with SOMEONE ELSE, using Local Multiplayer. But not yourself.

If your goal is to import a save file from outside NSO. It's probably technically possible, but I have not looked into it yet, thus I dont know if I need to make a save converter tool, and naturally have no guide.

I was going to look into it, trying to dig up my minish cap save to mess with. But seems I never dumped the save from my cart. So... ill have to find something else and get around to it.
I want to trade Pokemon for a different version with another player.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I installed one of those NES and SNES repacked nsps with a shit ton of games added, and now regret my decision. However, when I delete it and install the normal NSO NES and SNES nsps, all of the added games are still there. Is it possible to remove them so I can do this properly with Cave?

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed one of those NES and SNES repacked nsps with a shit ton of games added, and now regret my decision. However, when I delete it and install the normal NSO NES and SNES nsps, all of the added games are still there. Is it possible to remove them so I can do this properly with Cave?

You should be able to. If they are still there, then you didn't uninstall the app. This is obviously not a issue I am experienced with, as I would never install one of those. So all I can say is keep trying.

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to. If they are still there, then you didn't uninstall the app. This is obviously not a issue I am experienced with, as I would never install one of those. So all I can say is keep trying.
All those packs do is use your program to make, all it does is add the database to the contents folder so that’s what needs to be deleted

SoulRend828

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I think GBC to NSO save import is not working by simple rename of .sav file to .sram. I can't seem to import my mGBA Gameboy color save file to NSO. When trying to restore them through JKSV or Checkpoint, they succeed but when I open the game, no save can be found. Upon my observation, GBC NSO's cartridge.sram is 8.10KB, while mGBA .sav file is only 8KB. Tried both Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons.

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a folder I need to delete? Maybe in ATM?
yes, you need to delete the title ID folder for NES and SNES in atmosphere / contents folder depending on the version you are using

NES = 0100D870045B6000

SNES = 01008D300C50C000

FAMI = 0100B4E00444C000

SFAMI - 0100E8600C504000

Reactions: regnad

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
yes, you need to delete the title ID folder for NES and SNES in atmosphere / contents folder depending on the version you are using

NES = 0100D870045B6000

SNES = 01008D300C50C000

FAMI = 0100B4E00444C000

SFAMI - 0100E8600C504000

Hmmm. Strangely neither of those are there.

Last edited by regnad,

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think GBC to NSO save import is not working by simple rename of .sav file to .sram. I can't seem to import my mGBA Gameboy color save file to NSO. When trying to restore them through JKSV or Checkpoint, they succeed but when I open the game, no save can be found. Upon my observation, GBC NSO's cartridge.sram is 8.10KB, while mGBA .sav file is only 8KB. Tried both Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons.

Sorry. I missed your post the first time around.

I just looked into it and, yea. There is 0x68 bytes of data appended at the begining of the sram as a header. I have only taken a quick look, but the format seems simple enough. A Sha1 checksum of the ROM, and one of the SRAM itself. I should be able to whip up a tool option in CaVE similar to N64.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1