Homebrew CaVE Database Manager - A SNES, NES, N64, Genesis Switch Online modding App

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: binkinator

PanMenel

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I am talking specifically about gb rom hacks like super mario land dx etc.
I was trying out some that were on cdromance, and patch for myself (i used Lunar IPS) and no luck, they were showing that they only work on gbc (it was .gb file i guess thats the issue, like emulator shows it as gb when rom wants gbc, idk if that makes sense)

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am talking specifically about gb rom hacks like super mario land dx etc.
I was trying out some that were on cdromance, and patch for myself (i used Lunar IPS) and no luck, they were showing that they only work on gbc (it was .gb file i guess thats the issue, like emulator shows it as gb when rom wants gbc, idk if that makes sense)
https://www.marcrobledo.com/RomPatcher.js/

works for me, you could also try rename the .gb to .gbc and see if that works

Reactions: PanMenel

PanMenel

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
thx I will try later and let know, I remember I was trying to do the same with rom downloaded this renaming to gbc and it was same result.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah it worked, now I know that the problem I was facing is that I was trying to swap some things inside the (created gb game with gb rom inside cave manager) rom folder with gbc, when I replaced everything and created new game as file changed to .gbc it seems to work fine thx for help and tool. :D

Last edited by PanMenel,

littleslayer15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to add game game to cave management. If I do will it delete a current save file for a game I'm in the middle of?

If I update cave management to get the meteioid fusion update will it also delete my current save file?

If the answer is yes, is there anyway I can prevent it?

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to add game game to cave management. If I do will it delete a current save file for a game I'm in the middle of?

If I update cave management to get the meteioid fusion update will it also delete my current save file?

If the answer is yes, is there anyway I can prevent it?

Short answer, No.

Longer answer... If your game in question is Metroid Fusion itself... kind of? But still no.

I have never tested what happens to saves for a game if that game is deleted. But simply updating the app or adding to your roster of games would not cause a save to be deleted. If the game in question is Metroid Fusion, then it may "effectively" seem like your save is deleted if you add the new official entries to your database and delete the old one. I say effectively because the Code value which distinguishes the games will be different. You can of course back up your save and copy it over for the official version though.

Reactions: nWo

spkatsi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Probably not many will care but anyways...

Here are 585 text files with Metacritic descriptions for GBA games.

- Texts need to be wrapped according to guidelines.
- Should I name the files differently? If yes, then send a reference, should be easy in excel.

Attachments

• GBA (x585) descriptions from Metacritic.zip
    374 KB · Views: 24
Previous News (03-16-23)

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CaVE has been updated to include support for the SNES, NES and GB NSO updates today. An unlock patch for the SNES update is of course available too.

This would have just been an automatic update, but I needed to update the exe with a minor fix as well.

There might be issues with NES. They changed from using xtx.z images to .png for some reason, but just with NES. But support for xtx.z still remains. CaVE only supports xtx.z for NES for now. Trying to support PNG would just lead to a mess with backwards compatibility, so why bother?

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There might be issues with NES. They changed from using xtx.z images to .png for some reason, but just with NES. But support for xtx.z still remains. CaVE only supports xtx.z for NES for now. Trying to support PNG would just lead to a mess with backwards compatibility, so why bother?
Having issues with NES specifically. I have the other 5 custom databases running flawlessly. NES just hangs at the logo screen. Can only assume its to do with image formatting. Added my images to CaVE in xtx.z but still no joy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn McDonald's ice cream machine broken