spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
OK, currently my n3ds will not accept a wifi connection from my pc (window 10) for some unknown reason. On top of that, the microSD card will not read on my windows computer either (windows insists i need to format it).

1. Do either of these issues have to do with the CFW.
2a. How do I find out which CFW I have and
2b. Does this have anything to do with the above issues and...
3. Just to be sure, how do I update whatever CFW I have?

Thanks for any help.

--UPDATE--
The SD card seems to be fine, it was an unreliable read that was causing the issue on that.
However, I can not connect through the sd card management feature. When I attempt to open the network connection on my computer it fails. When I run the network diagnostic, it reports that the n3ds had refused the connection.

Last edited by spinal_cord,

Aquadraws

Trophies
Da qualche parte nella Dimensione Magica...
XP
Country
Italy
Answers: 3DS if does not detect a validd internet connection(something that with windows internet sharing 80% sure will not work) it will ignore the access point

1: Try if the microsd card can be read by the console, those kind of issues are not cfw related if no you are out of luck and you will need to format it
2a: hold down select and press power button, you most likely have Luma3DS and B9S, if you have you will be greeted by it's configuration screen and at the first line you will find the installed version and in the bottom screen there will be a yellow line(the very last one with Luma3DS booted from SD/CTRNAND with *entrypoint*
2b: not sure cfw damaged it, maybe your microsd got damaged, taking it away while being used(for example), but it's weird since you need microsd to boot your cfw
3: yes to update it you can download a app called MultiUpdater from FBI titledb, that app has an option to update luma3ds

Last edited by Aquadraws,

SkillFeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did u change anything in ur Router settings? Back then when i changed my Routers wifi channel from my 3ds couldnt connect to the wifi anymore, so be sure that ur routers wifi channel is supported by ur 3ds

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Aquadraws

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did u change anything in ur Router settings? Back then when i changed my Routers wifi channel from my 3ds couldnt connect to the wifi anymore, so be sure that ur routers wifi channel is supported by ur 3ds

The 3DS has prob the best 2.4GHz wifi chip it has a high distance(i was able to detect wifi of the hotel that was down the street) and it supports from channels 1 to 13(i use 13 cuz the other channels are occupoed by other wifis and so 13 is the fastest)

SkillFeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The 3DS has prob the best 2.4GHz wifi chip it has a high distance(i was able to detect wifi of the hotel that was down the street) and it supports from channels 1 to 13(i use 13 cuz the other channels are occupoed by other wifis and so 13 is the fastest)
Still my router supports more than 13 channels thats why i mentioned it.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
OK, currently my n3ds will not accept a wifi connection from my pc (window 10) for some unknown reason. On top of that, the microSD card will not read on my windows computer either (windows insists i need to format it).

1. Do either of these issues have to do with the CFW.
2a. How do I find out which CFW I have and
2b. Does this have anything to do with the above issues and...
3. Just to be sure, how do I update whatever CFW I have?

Thanks for any help.
What exactly do you mean connection from your PC? As in making a hotspot with an available antenna from windows sharing, using an app or something else? Because those won't create a connection that the 3DS can actually recognize. Just use command line with netsh commands to set up a network that can be seen. As for the SD card, that happens often when you don't safely remove the SD card after use and instead just pluck it out. Move all the files to your PC, format and put them back to solve the issue. It's just that a small part of it has been corrupted.

Aquadraws

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What exactly do you mean connection from your PC? As in making a hotspot with an available antenna from windows sharing, using an app or something else? Because those won't create a connection that the 3DS can actually recognize. Just use command line with netsh commands to set up a network that can be seen. As for the SD card, that happens often when you don't safely remove the SD card after use and instead just pluck it out. Move all the files to your PC, format and put them back to solve the issue. It's just that a small part of it has been corrupted.
Have you read before his sdcard works fine the problem might be his pc or his micro sd to sd card adaptor but trust me anyways windows internet sharing 99% of times do not work

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Have you read before his sdcard works fine the problem might be his pc or his micro sd to sd card adaptor but trust me anyways windows internet sharing 99% of times do not work
I KNOW internet sharing doesn't work with the 3DS, but netsh commands work 100% and that's what I'm using with an O2DS, so I know it works. As for the SD card, I did read it works, but a section of it may be corrupted, as that's when that annoying pop-up to format shows up. 99% of the time it's because of that, so formatting it will fix it.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
you may right, maybe if his adaptor is damaged and the pc it's detecting bad data and prompts to format but with windows internet sharing(not the netsh command)
NEVER i repeat NEVER works and i refer to every device not only the 3DS family systems
It works ONLY with other computers and even then they MUST have specific wi-fi adaptors, making it useless, don't even know why they include it in Windows:P

Aquadraws

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It works ONLY with other computers and even then they MUST have specific wi-fi adaptors, making it useless, don't even know why they include it in Windows:P
You mean adhoc internet sharing(with works only with other computers) but i refer to actual internet sharing with a wifi ssid and password

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, I might resume using gdevelop