Homebrew Change User Account number

toxic9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't register a nnid with updates blocked!

But I have good news!
This is what I've done:
1- I unblock updates! (so scared!)
2- I deleted my default user 8000003 (nooo!) selecting to not delete nnid!
3- Yeah, Haxchi is still there!
4- I linked the same nnid to new user 8000001!
5 Yuppi! Everything is perfect!

Thanks to everyone who helped =)

Duamutef_MC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to necro this, but I cannot get to reset the counter. It looks like the Wii skips previously used user id's even if I delete the accounts and their relevant folders.

Where does the Wii U store the username counter so that I can get my 80000001 user once again?

Trophies
XP
Sorry to necro this, but I cannot get to reset the counter. It looks like the Wii skips previously used user id's even if I delete the accounts and their relevant folders.

Where does the Wii U store the username counter so that I can get my 80000001 user once again?
Like I said in the other thread, not sure why you'd want to do this unless you had data attached to that user which you then lost upon deletion. If that is the case why did you not create a Network ID for that account? Because in doing so once you link that account BACK to the console it will retain the user slot it held before. For example deleting my old NNID with Minecraft purchased on it, obviously you cant randomly go and download it again as the user that purchased it no longer exists. However link it back and that download will be able to work again, etc..

But as said before I really dont see the need for this? Even if you had lost data it's VERY easy to get it back without even undergoing a process such as this, since the user slot should be a relatively irrelevant detail in this case. If you are unable to download a past purchase or have lost a save within a game what I can suggest is using a NUS Downloader to get the game back, or simply routinely backing up your saves to avoid situations such as the one described above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch