Emulation [CHEAT] CE Table for Twilight Princess HD

Herrmanter

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,
I need help modifying this cheat table (or alternatively just create a new one).

I would like to play TP HD with the mirrored map of the wii version, and without having to play in hero mode. For that I can easily follow the cheat engine instructions found in this Reddit post: where they give you the values to look for in memory to change the map orientation. (My account is new so I cannot post links properly yet)

I easily tested this myself and it works flawlessly, with the exception that the memory address is changing every time I quit and restart the game (it does not appear green in CE).
Now I don't know know how to use cheat engine apart from looking for values in memory and loading tables made by others, but would there be an easy way to make this change more easily implemented at the start of the game ? Like for any other cheat where you would just have to check a box in the cheat table, or anything that would not require to look for the address every time.

Thanks !

I apologise if that has already been asked though I don't think so having skimmed through GBAtemp and google.

• Love
Reactions: HeadstrongWolf

n0ted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,
I need help modifying this cheat table (or alternatively just create a new one).

I would like to play TP HD with the mirrored map of the wii version, and without having to play in hero mode. For that I can easily follow the cheat engine instructions found in this Reddit post: where they give you the values to look for in memory to change the map orientation. (My account is new so I cannot post links properly yet)

I easily tested this myself and it works flawlessly, with the exception that the memory address is changing every time I quit and restart the game (it does not appear green in CE).
Now I don't know know how to use cheat engine apart from looking for values in memory and loading tables made by others, but would there be an easy way to make this change more easily implemented at the start of the game ? Like for any other cheat where you would just have to check a box in the cheat table, or anything that would not require to look for the address every time.

Thanks !

I apologise if that has already been asked though I don't think so having skimmed through GBAtemp and google.

Thanks for the suggestion and find. I did some digging and it seems like it's just a singular byte that is either flagged as the value "01" or "00". Anyway, I have added it to my v2.2 table. It can be found in the Misc section once you activate the cheat table on the game start screen.

Last edited by n0ted,

Herrmanter

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the suggestion and find. I did some digging and it seems like it's just a singular byte that is either flagged as the value "01" or "00". Anyway, I have added it to my v2.2 table. It can be found in the Misc section once you activate the cheat table on the game start screen.
Thanks so much for the addition, works perfectly on my side :)

piek50

Trophies
XP
Country
Suriname
@SumRandomGuy I am using you're Twilight Princess CT and everything i use works perfectly.
Today after using the Epona dash a few times cemu crashes. i'm on Cemu 2.0 experimental.
was this already mention by someone else or is it just me?
Btw thanks for the codes.

n0ted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@SumRandomGuy I am using you're Twilight Princess CT and everything i use works perfectly.
Today after using the Epona dash a few times cemu crashes. i'm on Cemu 2.0 experimental.
was this already mention by someone else or is it just me?
Btw thanks for the codes.
Thanks for letting me know. I will look into it. I've actually been meaning to refactor the way the Epona's dashes script works, so thanks for the reminder!

I also am aware that a combo of cheats can crash Cemu when playing, so just make sure that you save often or save before enabling/disabling cheats (as this is usually the cause of the crash) to keep progress.

Reactions: piek50

kurssed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i fix the moonjump its not working 4 me
Post automatically merged:

how do i fix moonjump it pulls up like an execute menu

n0ted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how do i fix the moonjump its not working 4 me

how do i fix moonjump it pulls up like an execute menu
I'm going to need a screenshot of what cheat engine is doing (and a more detailed explanation if you can), as well as your Cemu version, game region and update version. Also, are you playing the game with your controller recognized as a Pro Controller, or Gamepad? Currently it only works with a Pro Controller.

Last edited by n0ted,

n0ted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! I have a question, how can I do this
Cheats on my cemu running on the steamdeck?
Have no idea if it works as I don't have a steamdeck and can't test myself... But search "Steam Tinker Launcher cohost.org" and follow the link that is cohost.org. There should be a post there (by Ian Kelly) about how to get cheat engine up and running on the steamdeck. I don't know how well it works, but if you want to find out, you are more than welcome.

Having said all this, I cannot guarantee that the Cheat Table will work on Linux and won't be able to add support if it doesn't work.

Kyrio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@SumRandomGuy Thanks a lot for building (slash building upon!) this cheat table, it works flawlessly with the EU game on Cemu 2.0. After looking around, I thought no one was interested in digging into this version of the game, so I'm really glad I found this thread.

There is one area that doesn't quite work though: the camera coordinates. In my experience they stay at the same values, 0 or 1 or NaN for the second yaw value, in normal gameplay or in first person view.

1679340569445.png

There's a very good free camera feature in tpgz, the practice mod used for TP speedrunning on GameCube. I think it'd be really cool to be able to do the same in TPHD, so I tried to look for nearby values that are affected by camera rotations, but I haven't found any that do the trick. Honestly I'm not that fluent with Cheat Engine yet, but I'd appreciate some pointers if you can spare the time!

Thanks again to all who contributed to this table, it's impressive RE work.

n0ted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@SumRandomGuy Thanks a lot for building (slash building upon!) this cheat table, it works flawlessly with the EU game on Cemu 2.0. After looking around, I thought no one was interested in digging into this version of the game, so I'm really glad I found this thread.

There is one area that doesn't quite work though: the camera coordinates. In my experience they stay at the same values, 0 or 1 or NaN for the second yaw value, in normal gameplay or in first person view.

View attachment 360291

There's a very good free camera feature in tpgz, the practice mod used for TP speedrunning on GameCube. I think it'd be really cool to be able to do the same in TPHD, so I tried to look for nearby values that are affected by camera rotations, but I haven't found any that do the trick. Honestly I'm not that fluent with Cheat Engine yet, but I'd appreciate some pointers if you can spare the time!

Thanks for the gratitude! It is appreciated. It was fun digging into the game, especially since it's my all time favourite Zelda game!

Also, thanks for reminding me about the camera! I remember once Cemu got updated to 2.0 the pointers stopped working, so I need to fix them. The reason the camera addresses are there in the first place is because I was actually attempting to build a free cam but the way that the camera works in TPHD is unlike any camera I've ever seen work in a game engine before. I suspect that Cemu's custom JIT compiler might be the culprit for this. I've been meaning to get around to revamping the table at some point and to optimize some of my scripts. This would also include making a free cam, but if you want to try your hand at it you are more than welcome to as I probably won't be able to release an update for a while due to IRL stuff. If you want some help, feel free to DM me and I can try to help you out!

IMysterio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant even check ( activate ) and when i right click it it says this ( not all code is injectable. lua error in the script at line 101 : [ string 'local syntaxcheck,memrec=...]2: attempt to call a nil value (global 'read_file_lines'))

n0ted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Version 3.3 out. Skipped releasing 3.2 as I got a head of myself and made fixes and added functionality making it v3.3. Anyway, there are some cool new things that have been added (Some of which are helpful for speedrunning). Check the release notes for additional details!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/cheat-ce-table-for-twilight-princess-hd.573717/post-9669590

Here's a quick video:

n0ted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

View attachment 360291

@Kyrio, it has been a long time coming but I have finally got around to it. After many hours, the freecam is now up and running in the latest version of my table v4.0

https://gbatemp.net/threads/cheat-ce-table-for-twilight-princess-hd.573717/post-9669590

Blickymang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not working, won't activate at all.

tried to reinstall cemu, the game, everything. everytime i click activate just does a circle thing and nothing else. not sure whats wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    isn't onlyfans just another creepy site of fake AI generated ''women''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme or onlyfans?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny to see people start a gofundme for silly shit like a new game system, and then see them get free money, then think, not so funny after all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme for the homeless
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My dog used to chase off my neighbors cat from our yard, till one day the cat stood its ground, and paw slapped the shit out of my dog, now the cat wonders thru my yard, and my dog don't even care anymore, he's like f that cat. Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So just slap your dog when I'm climbing out urewifes window
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So just slap your dog when I'm climbing out urewifes window