Homebrew Checkpoint, a simple and fast save manager

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Unfortunately as I noted, that does not work, or at least Checkpoint does not show the additional folders that I created in the save folder related to the game I am trying to restore. It only shows the folders that it created within that save folder.
That only means you're placing the additional folders in the wrong subfolder.

Sparkss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That only means you're placing the additional folders in the wrong subfolder.

Odd, since as I mentioned they are in the same subfolder as the ones created by Checkpoint. Also by moving en mass from one of my folders into the folder made by Checkpoint also allows me to restore the old backup, telling me that the subfolders and content within my date stamp created folders is fine. But CP just does not see them until I move them into a subfolder that it created.

It seems that pictures are needed......

Untitled picture.png

20150621-051958 was from an old 3DS save. CP does not "see" it.

the 2 20180706-13xxxx folders were created by this install of CP, and it reports those as sources for restore. If I copy the contents of the 2015 folder into one of the 2018 folders, then I can choose the existing entry in CP and restore, and it restores the old save. This is for all of the saves/games that I copied from my old system, I just chose ACNL as my example.

Last edited by Sparkss,

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Odd, since as I mentioned they are in the same subfolder as the ones created by Checkpoint. Also by moving en mass from one of my folders into the folder made by Checkpoint also allows me to restore the old backup, telling me that the subfolders and content within my date stamp created folders is fine. But CP just does not see them until I move them into a subfolder that it created.

It seems that pictures are needed......

View attachment 134865

20150621-051958 was from an old 3DS save. CP does not "see" it.

the 2 20180706-13xxxx folders were created by this install of CP, and it reports those as sources for restore. If I copy the contents of the 2015 folder into one of the 2018 folders, then I can choose the existing entry in CP and restore, and it restores the old save. This is for all of the saves/games that I copied from my old system, I just chose ACNL as my example.
You MUST create a subfolder ALONGSIDE those timestamp folders, name it as you want, and then you'll see it's recognized by folder from Checkpoint's UI. The timestamp folder is a save backup folder, not a save directory where to place other backups.

Sparkss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You MUST create a subfolder ALONGSIDE those timestamp folders, name it as you want, and then you'll see it's recognized by folder from Checkpoint's UI. The timestamp folder is a save backup folder, not a save directory where to place other backups.

Firstly I think that you misunderstand. The 20150621-051958 was created by me, copied from an old 3DS. It is not "detected" by CP. It is not a sub folder in any of the 20180706 folders that CP created (and recognizes). As seen in the screen clipping it is a sub folder under the master game folder in the CP saves directory.

I also actually had "other" directories in another game folder, not just time stamp ones. (I know not to put them into the individual back up folder). The ones with the + to the left are not because I nested sub folders, but because the backup itself (each one, individually) created/contains subfolders.

Untitled picture.2.png

But for the ones that are using a time stamp naming convention, why would it matter that I used a time stamp folder for the name of the one I created myself? If it can truly be named anything then why not use a time stamp name?

MrRog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Firstly I think that you misunderstand. The 20150621-051958 was created by me, copied from an old 3DS. It is not "detected" by CP. It is not a sub folder in any of the 20180706 folders that CP created (and recognizes). As seen in the screen clipping it is a sub folder under the master game folder in the CP saves directory.

I also actually had "other" directories in another game folder, not just time stamp ones. (I know not to put them into the individual back up folder). The ones with the + to the left are not because I nested sub folders, but because the backup itself (each one, individually) created/contains subfolders.

View attachment 134922

But for the ones that are using a time stamp naming convention, why would it matter that I used a time stamp folder for the name of the one I created myself? If it can truly be named anything then why not use a time stamp name?

For what it is worth. I've had exactly the same issue as you when putting files on my SD card from a Windows machine. After switching to a Mac and copying the files from there, Checkpoint was able to detect the folders just fine. I also had problems restoring modified BOTW savegames coming from a Windows machine when using CheckPoint. So try switching to a Mac or Linux machine to see if that works.

Reactions: Sparkss
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint/releases/tag/v3.4.0

3DS: What's new
  • Fixed: Loading is now instantaneous! This has been a problem for lots of people, but it's now fixed. If you kept away from Checkpoint due to its loading times, it's now time to move on.
    • After the cache being created, title loading has been reported to be ~0.5 seconds on a system with ~200 titles installed.
    • This has been achieved by enhancing the way the cache is created and the titles are loaded from it: the dedicated thread doing this cool stuff now does less I/O operations, which really enhances performances a lot.
    • As in the previous releases, cache is automatically invalidated when you install or delete titles from your system.
  • Fixed: the selector now matches the one from the Switch version.
  • Fixed: bug causing Checkpoint to crash if refreshing the title list while in the extdata section.
  • Fixed: The homebrew keyboard has been enhanced.
  • Fixed: some strings in the UI don't bleed from containers anymore.
  • Added: new wonderful icon and banner by rakujira!

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you made a backup after your nephew messed up that game (assuming USA version), your save should be located:
  • 3ds/Checkpoint/saves/0x00863 Animal Crossing New Leaf
tyvm. i been trying to get used to checkpoint. since this 2ds xl is new to me as well. i'll definitely look at the card and recheck that. ty again.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want to move to checkpoint permanently, ive been using JKSV until now. Though i want to bring all my previous save files with my to checkpoint obviously.

However when i add the files, some do get detected and some dont.

The file location is as far as i know correct: E:\3ds\Checkpoint\saves

within there i go into for example 0x01B50 Pokémon Ultra Sun > and paste the folder with the main file inside it.

currently i tried transferring over 30 save file for pokemon xy/oras/sm/usum. but only UM shows all the save files, the other do not, even when refreshing (holding B).

Any ideas how i can make them to show up?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to move to checkpoint permanently, ive been using JKSV until now. Though i want to bring all my previous save files with my to checkpoint obviously.

within there i go into for example 0x01B50 Pokémon Ultra Sun > and paste the folder with the main file inside it.

currently i tried transferring over 30 save file for pokemon xy/oras/sm/usum. but only UM shows all the save files, the other do not, even when refreshing (holding B).

You'll have to restore those saves back to their games with JKSM and then pull them out with Checkpoint. Some decrypted saves made by the two may not be cross compatible with another.

Also be aware you occasionally might find a few games Checkpoint can't handle that JKSM can, and vice-versa. This naturally means you'll have a main set (ie: Checkpoint) and a separate set for the odd stragglers (ie: JKSM).
Luckily for us folks, both save managers are in active development, so hopes and cheers for 100% compatible some day. :grog:

Reactions: zerohealinzz

Sparkss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I had a similar issue (at least it sounds similar). See the post from MrRog on his experiences copying saves over using Mac vs Windows.

For what it is worth. I've had exactly the same issue as you when putting files on my SD card from a Windows machine. After switching to a Mac and copying the files from there, Checkpoint was able to detect the folders just fine. I also had problems restoring modified BOTW savegames coming from a Windows machine when using CheckPoint. So try switching to a Mac or Linux machine to see if that works.

Vulpes-Vulpeos

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine

Attachments

• Checkpoint banner.png
    Checkpoint banner.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 166
  • checkpoint icon.png
    checkpoint icon.png
    438 bytes · Views: 195
  • Sharkive banner.png
    Sharkive banner.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 214
  • Sharkive icon.png
    Sharkive icon.png
    660 bytes · Views: 184
  • QRaken banner.png
    QRaken banner.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 220
  • QRaken icon 48.png
    QRaken icon 48.png
    584 bytes · Views: 148
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checkpoint 3.4.1

3DS: What's new
  • Fixed compatibility with lots of games. Titles that caused troubles like Scribblenauts, Shin Megami Tensei or Paper Mario are now fully supported by Checkpoint.
  • Fixed compatibility with "counterfeit" DS cartridges.
    • Turned out they just were undocumented cartridges, which now are fully compatible with Checkpoint.
  • Fixed issue causing Checkpoint to error when loading garbage titles installed into your nand.
  • Fixed crashes happening when the cursor was moved to a location without titles.
  • Fixed crashes happening when exiting target title after backup navigation.
  • Fixed crashes caused by text rendering issues (thanks @pcbeard).
  • Code cleanup and multiple minor fixes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging