Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you won't be able to read the exFAT card to get into hbmenu in the first place

yeah grab the SYSTEM:/Contents folder from the one with exFAT and put it on an SD to use with the tool on the other Switch

Where does one get the SYSTEM:/Contents folder? The backup of the exFAT 4.1 Switch it only has SYSTEM as a file not a folder.

Apparently I need to extract the exFAT from a game .xci. but how does one know which game .xci has the exFAT update in it for 4.1

Last edited by Joe88,

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
this goes against all conventional wisdom but i figure id mention it because someone may be in my shoes.
last night i spent a few hours pulling my hair out because homebrew was not showing up in the hbmenu despite being in the switch folder.

I was told this was because i formatted it FAT on a Mac, that doesnt appear to be the case
the same problem happened when i formated the SD FAT32 in windows and also when i tried formating exFat form both Mac and Windows.
I also tried chmod 777 the files as that was another supposed fix.

all these things didnt work.

what did work was a free app called easus partition manager specifically when you format it with a 32bit chunk size (auto or bigger were causeing the same as above.)
(word of warning, the easus does try to install avast antivirusso dont just rush though the eula. make sure you click decline.)

after that it worked :D

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where does one get the SYSTEM:/Contents folder? The backup of the exFAT 4.1 Switch it only has SYSTEM as a file not a folder.
mount it with HacDiskMount. I don't remember if you can do that with just a partition might need either the whole rawnand.bin or to mount the actual switch with memloader and put in the BIS keys. otherwise get the update from a game yeah there's a list of what games have what in the original post

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nogc patch redirects all gc writes to go to a bogus SDIO address... since there's no device there to respond, uploading the firmware during boot and wakeup has to wait for the timeout of like 5s...
and don't have a cartridge in your system... you will suffer many more timeouts then.

Last edited by rajkosto,
Reactions: Lacius

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mount it with HacDiskMount. I don't remember if you can do that with just a partition might need either the whole rawnand.bin or to mount the actual switch with memloader and put in the BIS keys. otherwise get the update from a game yeah there's a list of what games have what in the original post

Using HacDisc I mounted the exFAT 4.1 rawnand.bin and using the BIS keys extracted SYSTEM.bin. Transferred that to SD card and ran ChoiDujourNX. But ChoiDujourNX shows it but won't load it. So apparently I don't have it in the right format. I do appreciate your help and patience.

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why did you extract it ? why not mount it ? then you would have found the folder you needed.

Obviously I don't know what I'm doing. Mount was greyed out.

Ok figured it out for mounting but have no idea what folders are needed for the exFAT update

read OP 5 times and missed which folder until now

Victory exFAT onboard. Excellent tool!

Last edited by Ratatattat,

Garrincho

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
So I updated from 3.0 to 5.1 exFat with this, and after re-launching the cfw (using RajNX files) I can't launch the homebrew launcher from the menu using the album. How come?

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wrong thread, ask in the thread made for that. Also specify version and if youre pushing anything while trying to launch Album.

Garrincho

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Wrong thread, ask in the thread made for that. Also specify version and if youre pushing anything while trying to launch Album.

Sorry, which thread should that be?

I'm on 5.1 using the files from RajNXv0691 and pressing R while launching the album

Garrincho

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Try latest version, which has you NOT holding R for homebrew (instead holding R for album), you might be holding the wrong "R" ;)

So I just overwrite everything on the SD card with latest version? or should I back up something beforehand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, That's when Victor invented the Rusty Trombone!