Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sounds like you didnt do ya research properly before doing things or was heavily misinformed by people.

What firmware did you have before updating?
I just asked around on nintendo switch hack discord. many peeps said i could update. no real reason to stay lower.

I was on 4.0

efxonly123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As in 5.0.2 (exfat) vs 5.0.2 when it was presented? I chose the exFat option.

Is the exfat option controlled by the specific sigpatches?
Yes, that's the option in the app. I'm not sure how those sigpatches work, so hopefully someone else can answer that one, but I would start by trying to test another card since you selected the exfat already.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just asked around on nintendo switch hack discord. many peeps said i could update. no real reason to stay lower.

I was on 4.0
If no perma hack ever comes out, then there may be no real reason to stay at a lower firmware.

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
?? If you installed exfat firmware, then exfat formatted microsds should work. Unless you are somehow overriding your FS.kip1 to the non-exfat version, in which case you should stop.

CPTflconX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a black screen trying to update with SX OS I used Hekate to launch ChoiDujour and updated my firmware to 5.1 from 5.0. It was successful but now I can no longer charge or send signal to HDMI. I get a green blinking light on the dock. The only way I can charge is if it's connected to computer, my PC detects the switch fine. I can boot fine and play games that require 5.1 without any issues. If it were a faulty USB-C port wouldn't it not even be detected by the PC? I don't know what to try I don't want to make the situation worse.

Last edited by CPTflconX,

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Amazing!!! Work.
Worked a treat!

The menu is touch screen....doh!
Prolly can just go launch CFW with the SD_FILES + Hektate, which is what I did.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/rcm-payload-hekate-ctcaer-mod.502604/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/newest-hekate-sdfiles-zip.506280/
Launch CFW. To -> HBMENU using R on albums. Put .nro in switch.

I'd prolly use rajkosto's SD Files now launched with Hektate.

Anyhoo. Thanks again. Incredible app. No fuses burnt afterword. As I was always >4.0, I didn't worry about my card slot firmware.

Last edited by keine,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I right In saying that This will allow us to move to which ever firmware we want?
Yes, but the stipulation is you must use RCM as the fuses will prevent you from loading any firmware you want and this tool does not change that. It just utilizes the RCM exploit and a bootloader that bypasses the fuse check to load any firmware you want.

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This tool installs any firmware you want (and does it correctly). You being able to run it is dependent on how you are booting your switch and what fuse count you have.
Read the FAQ for some explanations.

Niorgio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My switch did not want to restart after 3.0.0 to 5.1.0 and 5.1.0 to 3.0.1 downgrade. I thought that doing a complete restoration via hekate will have solved the problem but not after the nintendo logo it shows the black page of error. My efuses are always at 3, I do not understand. Can you help me ?

NEO-BAHAMUT-

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like a brilliant little app. I’f anyone has any time is it possible to create a video tutorial on how to use it properly without causing damage? Also I use SX OS Pro so would it work with the dongle?

Last edited by NEO-BAHAMUT-,

Niorgio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, looking at another post I saw that it could be because of a cartridge in the reader. Indeed by removing zelda my switch boot. I do not understand I always started with kip1patch = nogc
kip1patch = nosigchk

I thought these kip prevented the update of the card reader?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then what the cause of not able to read cart? Is it because i am in cfw, therefore cart reader wont work?
  • Q: I've never run firmware 4.0.0 or higher on my switch, so my gamecard controller firmware is still not updated. How do i make sure my gamecard controller works after i downgrade back to < 4.0.0 ?
  • A: When flashing the firmware image for any 4.0.0 or later firmware, ChoiDujourNX will generate a protective hekate_ipl.ini on your microsd, with a "PreventGCUpdate" launch target. You must ALWAYS boot using this launch target (or add kip1patch=nogc to any launch target you wish to use in the future) and use a Hekate that supports the kip1patch option (releases here do: https://github.com/rajkosto/hekate/releases) if you want to prevent use and updating of your GC controller firmware on firmware versions 4.0.0 and up.

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, looking at another post I saw that it could be because of a cartridge in the reader. Indeed by removing zelda my switch boot. I do not understand I always started with kip1patch = nogc
kip1patch = nosigchk

I thought these kip prevented the update of the card reader?

your cartridge reader firmware got updated, so it will no longer work on < 4.0.0

rajkosto does updating from firmware 4.1 to 5.1 update the cart reader? My cart reader cant read my cart now.

stop booting with kip1patch=nogc, as you dont need it because your cart reader is already updated

CPTflconX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
downgrade to 5.0 and try again ? you can downgrade 5.1.x to 5.0.x without system initialization
I was able to downgrade successfully but still cant charge my switch or use the dock. I think it may be coincidence with me updating and my USBC on the console died. I don't know what else it could be. It's weird how my computer does recognize the switch and only charges through there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus