Closers Comp - Winners Announced

gbatemp_closers_contest.jpg

Thanks to everyone who entered, it was very hard for us to choose just 5 of the entries.

Here are the winners for the comp:

Look out for your keys later today!

@thewarhammer
@Jeffryxd
@Naegi_
@WhiteMaze
@Rhymei

--------------Original Post-------------------

Today we have a bit of a treat for ye 'tempers!

En Masse Entertainment has very generously sent over 5 codes to use with their latest MMO: Closers

In Closers, players become an elite agent of UNION, an organization dedicated to dealing with the threat of interdimensional aliens spilling through a series of mysterious portals that have appeared throughout New Seoul. At launch, players can choose one of five playable members of the Black Lambs team: Seha, a reluctant combat genius; Sylvi, the dedicated leader; Yuri, the skilled martial artist who only recently discovered her powers; Misteltein, a prodigious young boy with amazing support skills; or J, the grizzled veteran with a troubled past. Each character’s unique personality and combat style allows players to chart their own path through a complex, branching narrative, upgrading their skills and weapons along the way, and unlocking amazing new powers in a quest to vanquish a gargantuan interdimensional threat.

These codes will redeem the Ace Closer Bundle Founder’s Pack that has a full value of $570 and is currently on sale for $149.99. It will grant players the pack exclusive Dark Command costume as well as three other costumes, six full months of Elite Status, premium currency, instant closed beta access, and much more.

Closers: Ace Closer Bundle includes:

Dark Command Costume
Ivory Icon Costume
Tan & Ash; Sweater Club Costume
Phase Wings
Founder's Title
10x Mystery Boxes
10,000 En Masse Points
Elite Status for 180 days
Monster Cat Pet

So what do you have to do to be in with a chance of winning one of these packs? Simple, draw us an original anime-inspired character, digitally or photographed/scanned - with a description of their name, backstory and unique abilities or powers. Our staff will choose their top 5 and each one will win a code.

You have until December 28th to submit your entry in this thread.

CLOSERS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
RECOMMENDED:

Processor: Intel Core i3
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce 8000
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 5 GB available space

:arrow: Closers Impressions
:arrow: Closers Official Site
:arrow: Closers on Steam

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm don't really have experience in drawing, like, at all, but I thought I'd give it a shot and was actually kind of impressed by what came out of it (for my standards, you know).
So, here's my entry.

Eris.jpg

I'm sorry that it was drawn on quad paper, but I just didn't have anything else available when I started drawing. And since this turned out better than expected, I went through with it.
As stated above, I'm not that good at drawing. I still tried to draw her in a swimming pose, though... This time on white paper, but not as good as the first drawing.

Eris2.jpg

Now for the vital details:

Name: エリス (Eris)
Abilities/Powers: stay underwater for more than 40 minutes in shallow water and more than 2 hours in deep water; split her fin to be able to walk on land if necessary

Backstory:
Eris was born as a regular human with legs. She is the daughter of two marine biologists. Her parents took her to work (a research facility close to the sea) regularly, so she pretty much grew up surrounded by large fish tanks full of colorful fish and other marine creatures. There she developed a huge affinity for sharks, which she thinks are (apart from their instincts) calm and lovable animals misunderstood by the majority of humans. One day, Eris was 15 years old by that time, an accident at the research facility occurred, in which multiple fish tanks burst and flooded the building, flushing those who were inside into the sea. Waking up from unconsciousness underwater, Eris got aware of her ability to stay there without breathing for long periods of time. If that wasn't the case, she would have drowned for sure.
Back on land she was picked up by collegues of her parents who didn't believe she was alive... and told her that her mother went missing and hasn't been found yet.
After sharing the knowledge of her ability, she willingly became an object of research herself. Instead of going to school anymore, she was taught everything she was supposed to learn within the research facility. After her lessons she helped out by maintaining the fish tanks, feeding the fish and of course having tests conducted on her. Among other things it was found that without any special training she was as fast a swimmer as most Olympic athletes, which she even surpassed soon.
Seing herself more connected to water than to land, she one day decided to trade her legs for an artificial fin prothesis that her father constructed after her imagination. Though Eris has spent pretty much her whole life in the research facility since her mother vanished, she never believed that her mother actually died. Thus, at the age of 19 she escaped the facility to look for her, even if it meant finding her skeleton at the bottom of the sea...

Update (12/25/17): I thought that I shouldn't leave it at just the raw sketch and made a more refined version of her on my PC:
ErisColoredSmall.png

Last edited by Axido,

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Opener.png

Name: Dr. Opener (Clever, eh?)
Backstory: he is a crazy scientist who was kicked out from his university research position for cruel and unusual experiments. He believes that humans are inferior beings, and that they should be modified to become superior. He is very intrigued with the strength of the alien lifeforms, and wishes to make their powers his own.
Unique abilities or powers: Dr. Opener has superior intellect. He can collect the alien corpses and combine their body parts to create new battle slaves to fight for him. He can also inject himself with a serum made with freshly killed aliens to temporarily use their abilities until their cells die. He then returns to normal.

This is the 5th entry. Nobody else enter so I can win!

Reactions: x65943 and T-hug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been playing in Korean server for years but there's nothing that special.
I actually think I saw something about this game in a "Top Anime MMO" video awhile back. I was on the hunt for a good game to play lol. They mentioned having to go through a bunch of hoops just to play it because of it only having Korean Servers.

Reactions: Naegi_

DavidKang

Trophies
XP
Country
I actually think I saw something about this game in a "Top Anime MMO" video awhile back. I was on the hunt for a good game to play lol. They mentioned having to go through a bunch of hoops just to play it because of it only having Korean Servers.

Just think of Dungeon Fighter that is 3D. The story isn't really appealing in my case. Just the characters. The combos? It's OK, you learn new things and apply them during battle. However, just like any free to play online MMO, it's pay to win on PvPs and harder maps. Not many users play Closers in Korea. There are more players in DF.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just think of Dungeon Fighter that is 3D. The story isn't really appealing in my case. Just the characters. The combos? It's OK, you learn new things and apply them during battle. However, just like any free to play online MMO, it's pay to win on PvPs and harder maps. Not many users play Closers in Korea. There are more players in DF.
Not all free to play MMOs are pay to win, take Guild Wars 2 for example. PvP is balanced so paid or not, it's mostly tactics and actual skill that matters. Same for most of Aeria's games. But if this one is pay to win, then you are golden if you win this competition:P

DavidKang

Trophies
XP
Country
Not all free to play MMOs are pay to win, take Guild Wars 2 for example. PvP is balanced so paid or not, it's mostly tactics and actual skill that matters. Same for most of Aeria's games. But if this one is pay to win, then you are golden if you win this competition:P

Sorry, my bad. I meant most of the games. Closers has one of the best costumes that you can buy though. Check it out it's a korean wiki.

https://namu.wiki/w/클로저스/코스튬/한정판매 코스튬

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Reactions: DavidKang
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just gotta do some finishing touches on my 4am, caffeine induced drawing. A question though to anyone who can answer, are we allowed multiple entries on this one or only one? I'm hoping it works like the last contest and you can only win one prize but post multiple entries.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Name: Sora
Power: Total Magic Control
He lives in a world that revolves around magic, swords, and the never ending fight. Among the worlds best, no one has a complete control over magic. They can only channel it into spells and enchantments. Sora has the power to completely control magic. He needs no chant to cast, can manipulate mana even in it's purest form (The stream around his arm), and can even stop someones magic flow. Since chants are needed for spells, in battle you usually have to activate spells one at a time. He can activate multiple at once. Due to the nature of his appearance, people assume he's evil. He does what suits him but won't hesitate to help someone if an evil is trying to harm innocents.
GbaTempContest.png

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
https://adobe.ly/2zidP2B
-Grow
I actually wanted to test the watercolour and layering in Sketch for a while now. So I took up this oppurtunity, it’s not all great but eh. Might as well submit it lmao.

The name of said character is Hanakotoba (花言葉) the ‘language of flowers’, in which she’s inherited the ability to ‘talk to flowers’, or so she dubs it when in reality there’s just a charm about her which can loosen all things nature or human wise. She has a tentative and calming aura as well as easing. Her favourite flower would be the White Carnation for its symbolic meaning. Her true speciality and unique ordinare is in fact, not completely based upon her aura, but she can also at her will ensure a healthy growth when it comes to plants as well as having the ability to heal and rescue parched or dying ones.

Her backstory is something she keeps close to her. Her parents are both still alive however, their seperation at her birth was something that wasn’t disclosed to her very often. She saw and attended to each seperately however it never occured to her, how peculiar it was. As time passed she’d learnt to live alone after drifting between her mother and father and the awakening of her powers left her troubled as to whether she should open up about it to her parents, eventually pushing her to leave and lead a life alone. It wasn’t too hard as she’d slowly realised, she’d been leading a lonely life with her parents anyway.

I also really wanted to try a flower-y drawing oof.

Last edited by vinstage,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: