Hacking *Coming Soon* [Guide] Community noob guide to Switch hacking

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's exactly what I was thinking as well. Like you said, seeing as the dumps are already available, I figured it would just be a matter of time. Also good to know that it'll take care of game updates.

I also found a 1.0 on Craigslist and I'm curious if I should get rid of my 4.1 for it? Any REAL advantages of having one over the other? Besides some minor hardware mods that were spoken of? If all firmware are getting the same exact thing, I don't mind keeping my 4.1 and waiting it out.
Well, rumours tell us 1.0 will get the goodies first, and the other firmwares will follow suit in incremental order. So 4.1 could be a while after 1.0. It really depends if you're a patient guy, and if that 1.0 you saw on craiglist is not too expensive.

Kafluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody on 3.0 want to contribute to this community guide? I'm still on 4.1 (had to play odessy) so I can't add my input yet

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What kind of help? I got a 3.0.0 switch, but the only interesting homebrew are emulators and some user made games right?

Reactions: Kafluke

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There is nothing to run yet. This guide will be interesting once atmosphere is made available for the end user.

masterspike52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I get it you guys are hilarious. The joke is over. No need to keep "reserving" posts. I just wanted to create a space for real contributers to build an awesome guide before 50 other guides all pop up. Instead of having multiple guides it's better to have one single community guide that gets updated frequently by multiple users. Just like the Wii U guide.
bit isn't that what the switch.guide(or whatever the link is now) is for?

mmajunkie77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet switch.hacks.guide only gives you one setup, in counter part of the @Kafluke's guide gives you almost every setup you can have. Also @Kafluke is very responsive to every question, no matter how ridiculious it is.
This.

He's answered every question I've ever had. I've also followed his guides in the past, and will continue to do so.

MatMaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yet switch.hacks.guide only gives you one setup, in counter part of the @Kafluke's guide gives you almost every setup you can have. Also @Kafluke is very responsive to every question, no matter how ridiculious it is.

This guide is only for 3.0.0, switch.hacks.guide is for 3.0.0 and below. And inevitably, switch.hacks.guide is superior and will always be, just like 3ds.guide.

Kafluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide is only for 3.0.0, switch.hacks.guide is for 3.0.0 and below. And inevitably, switch.hacks.guide is superior and will always be, just like 3ds.guide.
I haven't even posted anything yet. The info in the OP was put there by another user so yeah, of course switch.hacks.guide is better right now.

Kafluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got my jig. Thanks to @jjbredesen and his awesome guide and many other threads and developers I can finally start putting this together. I will provide the format and I will only write the intro section and the 4.x section since that's the firmware I'm on.

I still need more contributors. @Cyan I'm lookin at you! ;) I need users on other firmware to use the same template and compose those sections.

Let's get this thing rollin!

Reactions: mmajunkie77

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My switch is on 4.1.0 too, and I didn't test fusée gelée yet.
my phone should work (honor6x) but I want to complete my current game before doing anything homebrew related with the console.

I didn't follow a lot the homebrew scene and I'm not sure I can contribute to your guide, but I'll try to help as always.
I'm still writing the Wii guide (taking longer than I thought, and I didn't even start covering loaders usage/faq) I might post it on wiki instead of forum to get other user's help too.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo