• No

Votes: 128 51.0%

• Total voters

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's totally not draconian BS at all, yeah, not worth it. Nintendo's perfectly fine doing what they've been doing, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
proactive > reactive. Even if the current system functions, if there is means and time to improve it then improve it. All those really old bridges in the US are technically not broken, but they should really be fixed or replaced before someone dies.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
proactive > reactive. Even if the current system functions, if there is means and time to improve it then improve it. All those really old bridges in the US are technically not broken, but they should really be fixed or replaced before someone dies.

My point still stands, gamers shouldn't have to suffer for the actions of 1%/pirates just so they can find some BS reason to restrict or add DRM, etc.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My point still stands, gamers shouldn't have to suffer for the actions of 1%/pirates just so they can find some BS reason to restrict or add DRM, etc.
My point is that there is most likely a way to implement a system that is completely invisible to genuine users but makes things difficult enough that you can't just install Freeshop Switch then pirate to your heart's delight.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

unvaluablespace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I did was provide a logical explanation for each one. The one for the fonts might end up being something different, but still logical.
I could be reaching with my previous post and this one (who knows, perhaps I'm just desperate and want these features to turn out to be true), but I was curious and tried to see if i could find information about the fonts the switch uses. A google search and all I could find seemed more about "guessing" the font than what was in the system itself. I'm no hacker, but switchbrew.org mentions different title lists, some of which are various fonts:

http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Title_list

aside from korean, taiwanese, and chinese font, theres "standard" and "extended". I've no idea what that means, but perhaps some fonts are slightly different, and would it be too far fetched to assume that the zelda theme uses a different font than the other "default" themes?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point is that there is most likely a way to implement a system that is completely invisible to genuine users but makes things difficult enough that you can't just install Freeshop Switch then pirate to your heart's delight.

That's giving Nintendo too much credit, things are fine the way they are. Also yay for 23K posts? :P

Reactions: PrincessLillie

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Edit (1/7/2017 10:46AM CST): The Tweet I linked was fake. To the two people who trolled my timeline, fuck you to hell.
(Not throwing names cause I'm likely gonna get them wrong)

Last edited by PrincessLillie,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/yJ86GdP87Gs?si=eSnKX3bQk6VOPcWO