• Total voters

CinnamonDev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted this elsewhere jsyk.

- Okay but wait where did the original video come from? There's no source on Twitter or anywhere else for that matter.

On the off chance this is real, In regards to the old YouTube logo, is it possible they just used it for the app to better distinguish it from the rest?

If this was real, this might be some kind of different development unit Nintendo uses for testing other things besides gaming development. Maybe this might be an example of that.

And with MK8DX being downloaded but the data not exactly adding up, it's possible it could be archived. We also haven't seen anymore of what else is on the console beyond Zelda.

Those three points might be difficult to believe, but you can't deny it's a possibility until the source of the video is found. Maybe instead of asking "When do we get all of this?" we should first ask, "Where did this video come from?"

It was originally posted on Twitter...and possibly taken down in less that a day, hinting that this could be real but aslo they are chances that this is a well made fake video. Also how many time has passed since the release of Switch 4.0 FW update?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You didn't see the data management being shown?

There's no way MK8 and Splatoon 2 take up so little room.

Splatoon 2 is a cartridge game (the icon is there).

The "free space" isn't indicative of what's being read as stored on the device.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by the_randomizer,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Then why was there the whole X-amount-of-space-taken-up discrepancy bullshit earlier? You really didn't see the bit about MK8 taking up less space than it should have?
That was pure speculation from uneducated folk. It's common.

We can only assume there's a 16GB MSD in there. With SOME data on there. There's no doubt that little to none of it is game data. MAYBE update data?

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: Shadowfied

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was pure speculation from uneducated folk. It's common.

https://twitter.com/Big_Red_N/status/949461546744340480?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://c-7npsfqifvt34x24t0fx2ehjuivcx2ejp.g00.ign.com/g00/3_c-7x78x78x78.jho.dpn_/c-7NPSFQIFVT34x24iuuqx3ax2fx2ft0f.hjuivc.jpx2fjgsbnfx2fux78juufs.njo.iunmx3fj21d.nbsl.jgsbnf.uzqf_$/$/$?i10c.ua=1#949461546744340480

Read that, MK8 is not 2 GB, but 6.8 GB, and the amount of memory available for download is not a full 32 GB, so... that's a discrepancy. Unless there's compression, there's no way.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

There's clearly a 16GB MSD. Also you're not going to get the full 32GB of space.

I honestly have no idea who this guy is, but it seems he's talking out of his ass.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then why was there the whole X-amount-of-space-taken-up discrepancy bullshit earlier? You really didn't see the bit about MK8 taking up less space than it should have?

Pretty sure it's fake

https://twitter.com/Big_Red_N/statu...gsbnf.uzqf_$/$/$?i10c.ua=1#949461546744340480
It was already stated multiple times that it could very much be a dummy icon. Considering one of the new features shown is folders and custom sorting on home menu, they would want plenty of icons to test with. And they surely aren't going to download multiple games just to test that.

Reactions: Shadowfied

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's clearly a 16GB MSD. Also you're not going to get the full 32GB of space.

I honestly have no idea who this guy is, but it seems he's talking out of his ass.

Forget it, I'm done.

It was already stated multiple times that it could very much be a dummy icon. Considering one of the new features shown is folders and custom sorting on home menu, they would want plenty of icons to test with. And they surely aren't going to download multiple games just to test that.

*sigh* fair enough

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Forget it, I'm done.

*sigh* fair enough
I don't know what's difficult about what I'm saying. I even said the MK8D thing was probably just a placeholder icon. The minimal amount of data being taken up could be update data, screenshots, saves.. Other apps... I don't know why Mario Kart is the big deal.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what's difficult about what I'm saying. I even said the MK8D thing was probably just a placeholder icon. The minimal amount of data being taken up could be update data, screenshots, saves.. Other apps... I don't know why Mario Kart is the big deal.

Well, I'm sorry I wasn't here all day to read all the posts -_-

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not sure if it's been pointed out since it's been quite a few pages since my last post but at 1:10 the 'g' on 'Setting' and the 'g' on 'Legend' are entirely different when Nintendo would have no need to use a different font.

If it's been pointed out already then disregard this post-

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if it's been pointed out since it's been quite a few pages since my last post but at 1:10 the 'g' on 'Setting' and the 'g' on 'Legend' are entirely different when Nintendo would have no need to use a different font.

If it's been pointed out already then disregard this post-
Yes many times and uberly debunked:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste