Hacking Connecting a PS4 Controller to Fedora 32 Linux Through Bluetooth Works For Me. Try This:

bbqtool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, so by pure fluke I got this working. I did the following things in Fedora 32 and out of nowhere I'm using a PS4 controller (unwired) through Bluetooth. Bluetooth already worked (Using a Logitech K600) but the controller wouldn't connect.

Details and downloads are here if you want to install Fedora 32:

I'm running 6.72 on a PS4 Pro 1TB (CUH-7102B)

1. I uninstalled Bluez.
2. I installed Blueman.
3. Try to pair controller in Menu/Preferences/Bluetooth Manager. Click Device/Trust
4. To fix the Bluetooth turning off after a short amount of time, (turning off bluetooth is a power saving function in Fedora 32) I made the file /etc/udev/rules.d/bluetooth.rules

(so in terminal)
sudo su
enter password
sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d/bluetooth.rules

and made it say this:

#
# stops power saving on bluetooth
# install in /etc/udev/rules.d/
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="hid", ATTR{power/control}="on"

ctrl + o
enter
ctrl + x

5. You can reboot or enter:

udevadm control --reload-rules && udevadm trigger

in terminal to trigger the rules.

6. Plug the controller into the USB port and let it recognise it automatically.
7. Click always recognise.
8. Unplug the controller.

Fedora is a bit more finicky than any other distro because of a buggy kernel, the Linux Launcher seemed to like it at first but now Catjaro is more successful, but this is a huge game changer for me to stay on Fedora. I'm sure this would work with a PS3 controller as well. Anything other than the PS4 controllers you would use with your PS4 in Orbis anyway. Have a play around and see if you can replicate this. I don't want to break my config because any or none of these actions could have made it work. It might also solve other bluetooth issues on different consoles.

edit: In Fedora, this should be done by default but also make sure /etc/bluetooth/main.conf is set to discover automatically on boot.

You can do this by entering in terminal:

sudo nano /etc/bluetooth/main.conf

Then making sure the file has:

[Policy]
AutoEnable=true

[General]
DiscoverableTimeout = 0
Discoverable=true

ctrl + o
enter
ctrl + x

So bluetooth automatically enables on boot.

Last edited by bbqtool,

bbqtool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is a demo I recorded and uploaded to Youtube in case what I posted didn't make any sense.

I've only seen people posting that you must use wired controllers to use with Linux. Here it is using Bluetooth. The instructions in the OP should replicate this but it might be model dependent and I'm not too keen to try it with Catjaro because updating things can break the whole install. I have no experience with Gentoo so I don't know.

edit: Also I should mention the PS4 touchpad works as if it was a touchpad mouse. Left click works if you press down on the bottom left on the touchpad and right click works as if it was bottom right.

Last edited by bbqtool,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER