Convert any 3D movie to watch on the 3DS!

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
no seriously, when the batch says to use default, I don't know how to continue. Plz help.

Oops, I forgot to add (Y/N) to the line about "default settings". I'll put that in when I make additional changes later today when I have the time, but you can still choose Y or N there.

Thank you DiscostewSM for this but I do need some help if any one can help I made my video side-by-side I got the video off youtube and I named it VID_0001.AVI and I put it in the same folder as all the other pics but it will not show up on my 3ds can any one help? thank you

I don't have a 3D video to test, so I'll take a look at that later also.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Code:
del VID_*.AVI
del newVideo.avi
ffmpeg -i %1 -s 400x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 13 -acodec copy "newVideo.avi"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:00:00 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0001.AVI"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:09:59 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0002.AVI"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:19:58 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0003.AVI"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:29:57 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0004.AVI"

Have you been able to successfully split a 3D video? For me when I try it only copies one stream into the shortened file...

EDIT: (I'm talking about in my 3DS Video program BTW)

Gryphon93

Trophies
XP
Country
Am I the only one not getting this to work? I've tried several times with different settings, but nothing seems to work. My 3DS just won't recognize my file. I've only tried to convert a WMV file to AVI (tried using different settings), but so far no luck. I'll try another clip of another format, even if that shouldn't have anything to do with my videos not showing up on my 3DS...

[Edit] Hm... I tried another video and it seems to work... Not sure why the other video wouldn't work (it's the example video that comes with Windows 7). I think I have to do some more testing.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I can convert youtube mp4s just fine with the Prof. 9's batch file, but I seem to have trouble with H-SBS (half-SBS) .mkv files from usenet.

What happens is it spits out the video as 2d, and for some reason the 1st 10 minute section (the VID_0001) doesn't show up at all in the listings, tried for 2 different H-SBS movies with same results

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have not gotten excited about the 3ds until today. I have converted a 4 minute sequences of Avatar in 3d and its just gorgeous.

I was wondering why nintendo was not selling full lengh movies and I have my answer as the files with good quality are really heavy.

Youre the man Spinal!

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The 3DS doesn't support good quality videos without great sizes. MJPEG is basically many JPEG in sequence, it's insanely heavy for a video format. The correct way would be to support a decent codec, like MPEG-4 (XviD), or even H.264.
Since we are locked to MJPEG, the sizes are insane. It's actually an OK codec for short trailers, but for long videos it gets huge very fast. A 10 minute file should have 100MB os something.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Code:
del VID_*.AVI
del newVideo.avi
ffmpeg -i %1 -s 400x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 13 -acodec copy "newVideo.avi"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:00:00 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0001.AVI"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:09:59 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0002.AVI"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:19:58 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0003.AVI"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:29:57 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0004.AVI"

Have you been able to successfully split a 3D video? For me when I try it only copies one stream into the shortened file...

EDIT: (I'm talking about in my 3DS Video program BTW)

My latest edit of Prof. 9's batch file is meant to have the ability to do it, but since I don't have a 3D video on me, I can't test it. If anyone can link to one (both top/bottom and side/side), I'd appreciate it, as then I can see if I can fix any issues.

EDIT:

link to batch file here - http://www.mediafire.com/?r81apghc478e127

enigma85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for all the great info on playing videos, currently converting Tron legacy 3D to work on my 3ds. i'll see how that goes. will be 15parts and large but thats why i have a 16gb scard with nothing on it lol will update you all on how it goes!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you DiscostewSM for this but I do need some help if any one can help I made my video side-by-side I got the video off youtube and I named it VID_0001.AVI and I put it in the same folder as all the other pics but it will not show up on my 3ds can any one help? thank you
Rename it just to VID_0001.
I got it working. ^_^
Can you give us the flip options?

Bottom-top right-left?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Rename it just to VID_0001.
I got it working. ^_^
Can you give us the flip options?

Bottom-top right-left?

Do you mean swapping what is on the left and what is on the right? Same with top/bottom? I have a few 3D trailers I downloaded from YT, so I'll do some testing in the morning.

EDIT:

Sorry, just past 1am here, and I see now the "bottom-top" and "right-left". I'm too tired.

Reactions: 1 person

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
http://abcavi.kibi.ru/download.htm
that allows you to edit tags for avi files, you should be able to edit the date-information used by the 3ds with it..

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Here says my video is 01/01/1900. How change?
Although you can basically assign it to whatever date you want (using that tag editor thedicemaster linked), I think them non-3DS vids & pics are best kept untouched date-wise. why? keeps em easy to find. they'll always be right at the very start of your albums.

we all know the 3DS' albums suck hairy balls what with us not being able to make our own folders and whatnot.

oh and, quality isn't fantastic, but hey, it's as close as we can get to 3D movies. now all that's left is to figure out a real way to bypass the 10 minute limit and maybe be able to use better compression (or any compression for that matter) and we pretty much don't need IMAX anymore. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?