Convert any 3D movie to watch on the 3DS!

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Alright, uploaded a newer version of the batch file. Contains the small fix to the text of choosing default settings. Also, 3D video frames can be swapped (left-right to right-left, and top-bottom to bottom-top). Having gotten a hold of a few side-by-side 3D videos, I would say that they do indeed work. If anyone else has problems with certain 3D videos, just let me know (with a link to the video so that I can test it).

3D videos downloaded, converted, tested, and passed (these are the source videos, not the final converted videos)....

[yt]EQJBC1TRsqA[/yt]
[yt]QhGdBzSqjFw[/yt]

Link here.

Reactions: 1 person

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i hope you don't mind DiscostewSM, but i added multi-core support to your latest bat file.
http://www.filesonic...22745/Vid3D.zip
default is set to dual-core, but supports up to octocore or quad-core with hyperthreading(core-i7)
multi-core default is as easy to change as any of the other defaults.
i modified the defaults to my preferences before i thought of adding multi-core support, so it also has slightly different defaults.

EDIT: ffmpeg is included in this zip, but it's the 64 bit version so it might not work for everyone.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Very far fetched, but is there any chance of this working for OS X? :moogle:

Unfortunately, I don't know enough of OS X to do something like this here.

Anyways, I may have a breakthrough with the batch file, which comes in the form of not needing to designate the number of splits, and possibly throw multiple files into the batch file (and have them processed) at once. No promises though.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Very far fetched, but is there any chance of this working for OS X? :moogle:

Unfortunately, I don't know enough of OS X to do something like this here.

Anyways, I may have a breakthrough with the batch file, which comes in the form of not needing to designate the number of splits, and possibly throw multiple files into the batch file (and have them processed) at once. No promises though.

if there's anyway to get the size of a file with a command line tool, you can just do a loop (:split {blah} goto :split) until a file of 0KB is produced (i.e. an empty one) then delete the last file made and stop. Maybe that's what you already thought of.

EDIT: And as for Mac OS X - the original instructions will work for Mac OS X with a Mac build of ffmpeg (you may have to build yourself if you want it, dunno if there are builds for Mac online). And you could probably write a SH script to do the same as the BAT script. I think I even saw a SH script somewhere (it was for Linux, but I think it should work for Mac as well).

Gryphon93

Trophies
XP
Country
Someone has probably made a script like this, but I'll post it anyways. It' a script for automatically splitting a video into shorter videos. It makes use of both ffmpeg (for splitting) and mplayer (to get video length data). It is possible to get length data from ffmpeg as well, but it's harder (I had problems getting the video length data from ffmpeg). However, feel free to change the script however you like. It's pretty easy to use as it only takes to parameters:
Code:
split.bat

Replace:
with the name of your video file.
with the length of the split files (in seconds)

Example:
Code:
split.bat "MyVideo.avi" 600

This will split MyVideo.avi into 10 minute chunks. The output files will be called something like: MyVideo.avi_[START TIME].avi

Keep in mind that this doesn't encode your video! Use the convert script, 3DS Video or whatever you prefer. Also remember to add ffmpeg and mplayer to your PATH variable.
Oh, one last thing, I haven't tested this on long videos, but I think it should work properly.

Download link: http://www.mediafire...3eicj7y1k8hb3bs

[EDIT] This doesn't work well for longer videos. I have to change the script a bit to get it to work. I think I'll try to get the length via ffmpeg again.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Newest update.

No split count required, done automatically (but chose to split still there). Up to 99 splits.
Multiple video conversion, up to 100 videos. All videos sent in will have same video/audio quality chosen, so mixing 2D and 3D videos of various types at once is not recommended. Do groups of the same type at a time. Be sure to copy converted groups, as each time the batch file is used, it deleted any VID_xxx files in the directory.
Added a 3D(tb + ss) -> 2D options for those who might ask.

EDIT:

Sigh, I thought I had everything ready, but now, it seems the 3D isn't going at all....Took link to update off, and will get back to it as soon as I can.

Gryphon93

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so I updated my script (I actually rewrote it...) and now it uses ffmpeg only and it will split long videos as well as short ones. Here's the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?3mvywoubjz3acw9

As I said, feel free to change it however you want. At the moment the audio codec is always ADPCM, because setting both Video- and Audio codec to "copy" will make ffmpeg skip everything and just copy the metadata. Well, I guess this script isn't really necessary anymore, since 3DS Video and other scripts support splitting already.

enigma85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So recently have done a few full movies since all this starting. using different methods and such. problem i don't really see any difference in aa 2d and 3d movie playing on the 3ds. the 3d isn't popping at all like on the tv or in theaters. is there something i'm doing wrong or is it just a miniscule bit of 3D so it doesn't really make a difference? I've used multiple scripts and even done everything by hand with ffmpeg. how do i get it popping a little better so there is a reason to actually put movies on there? oh and anyone figure out how to get the video parts to show up in order on?

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, I generated this GUI, but it's not working yet. I'm having trouble with Qt Designer. I'm using this to learn Qt, I've read a lot about it, including a book, but never made a project with it, practically. I'll upload the project to github, let me just improve it to a minimum working state.

The screens:
snapshot1.png

snapshot2.png

snapshot3.png

snapshot4.png

I'll also develop a intermediary layer, that will read the options from the GUI to generate the ffmpeg call command. Or maybe not, maybe I'll use bash/bat scripts.
What do you think? Qt is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, so it will be a universal solution. All make sure to give credits to all people who contributed to this.

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm progressing on Qt GUI design. =D
At least now the GUI is like I want it to be.
First release of the complete tool tomorrow (by Valve time)!!

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
ok, I had the issue fixed with 3d video not displaying as 3d. It was an issue with splitting the video after encoding it to the video format that set it back to 2d. Should be fine now.

Link here

I don't have any other plans with this for the moment unless someone finds a problem, but I may just do some clean up of the file later.

EDIT:

My apologize. I was working with a different way of splitting up files, and in the process, I found my method for incrementing time was wrong, leading to segments starting further into videos than they were meant to. Link above points to fixed version.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Hey Disco, not sure if you can add this, but sure hoping you can. Well, I'm hoping you can add an option to "amplify" audio in 1db increments, from +1db to +3db? it'd be nice, as some video clips have really low volume, even amplified. i can hook my 3DS to my laptop and amplify audio output from there, but what i want is for the volume to make it so that external amplification would be unnecessary. i mean, it's not like it's gonna pump the file sizes anyway, seeing as the video streams in itself is pretty bloated, a few amplifications to audio shouldn't make it that much heavier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol