• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Couy Griffin is disqualified for holding office after actions relating to january 6th

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
Then why was he only convicted of trespassing instead of insurrection?
historically getting a insurrection charge is a charge rarely brought up.
Was it proven that Griffin
This is a what if. You don't need to prove that, again, had you done idk, reading you would of understood why he was disqualified and barred via the 14th. Since you clearly don't want to read, I'll go ahead and highlight it for you. and then scribble a little circle on the very important part.
1665598837265.png

It's spelled out pretty damn clear "incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in ANY REBELLION OR INSURRECTION AGAINST THE AUTHORITY OF THE UNITED STATES"
Reminder, they actively tried to prevent the authority of the United States federal government to certify the election; the entire point was to stop the election from going through.
He was one of the people who was actively inciting it, spouting the same talking points. And he had set foot and assisted them. And by extension, gave comfort and aid.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,
Reactions: The Catboy

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
historically getting a insurrection charge is a charge rarely brought up.

This is a what if. You don't need to prove that, again, had you done idk, reading you would of understood why he was disqualified and barred via the 14th. Since you clearly don't want to read, I'll go ahead and highlight it for you. and then scribble a little circle on the very important part.
View attachment 331573

It's spelled out pretty damn clear "incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in ANY REBELLION OR INSURRECTION AGAINST THE AUTHORITY OF THE UNITED STATES"
Reminder, they actively tried to prevent the authority of the United States federal government to certify the election; the entire point was to stop the election from going through.
He was one of the people who was actively inciting it, spouting the same talking points. And he had set foot and assisted them. And by extension, gave comfort and aid.
It was never proven that he incited an insurrection. It has to be proven in a court of law that he knew beforehand that what he was walking into, while the Capitol Police opened barricades and doors, was indeed an insurrection. So far, this judge's decision does not prove this, which is why he was only charged and convicted of trespassing.

So once again, how does trespassing equate to insurrection? If you don't know the answer, just say so.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
It was never proven
I'm out, if you want to read the court cases yourself and develop a brain, you can. I can't take the extreme amounts of copium your producing at trying to weasel your way out of this. final statement:
ahem to quote myself here "sets on foot"
And he had set foot

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm out, if you want to read the court cases yourself and develop a brain, you can. I can't take the extreme amounts of copium your producing at trying to weasel your way out of this. final statement:

ahem to quote myself here "sets on foot"
He would have to know beforehand. When he arrived, it was a peaceful protest. I'm sorry if my questions are too hard for you, but a judge cannot condemn a person of insurrection without evidence of foreknowledge.

You are aware that he didn't even go inside the Capitol building, right? How did he sets on foot in an insurrection if his feet never set foot inside the building?

Last edited by TraderPatTX,

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can a citizen be withheld from being elected into office? Seems quite ridiculous to me. If one garners enough votes the people’s will should be allowed.
Good argument, I think a mass murderer should never be barred from running for office.
(This is your brain on conservatism)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back