Status
Not open for further replies.

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Just modified the first post to make it 'timeless'...
biggrin.gif

Someday I'll start developing this app again, for now, everyone take a moment to appluad Fishears and his hard work!

.... **Applause** .....

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Nullkill said:
Hey Fishears, back from the dead for a short while....
smile.gif

What would you like me to update the first post with? Wish there was a way to allow GBAtemp to let you edit it for me...

What you've done is great. It makes the thread look more alive. Thanks for dropping by - sorry I missed you.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
I'd appreciate a report, cambric, I'm not able to get on the Wii for a day or so... If you say it works then I'll post it to the auto-update service but until then I'd rather not.
Thanks

skull6412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using this USB loader from day one, absolutely love it. I have a noob question about the new updates.

I'm still on v1.2a with system menu 4.0U, cIOS v10. Last night I tried r1055, but hangs on the black screen trying to launch the app. Do I have to upgrade my cIOS to v17 or v19 first to run r1055 or up? Thanks again for the hard works.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
skull6412 said:
I've been using this USB loader from day one, absolutely love it. I have a noob question about the new updates.

I'm still on v1.2a with system menu 4.0U, cIOS v10. Last night I tried r1055, but hangs on the black screen trying to launch the app. Do I have to upgrade my cIOS to v17 or v19 first to run r1055 or up? Thanks again for the hard works.

TBH, I haven't tested r1055 with anything lower than cIOSrev14 so that could be the issue. It will work with cIOSrev14 up to cIOSXrev19.

NEWS FROM TWITTER:
r1060 is now up for download & auto-update. This rev REALLY fixes language saving & is fully tested by me. Sorry to r1059 testers
frown.gif

skull6412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fishears said:
skull6412 said:

TBH, I haven't tested r1055 with anything lower than cIOSrev14 so that could be the issue. It will work with cIOSrev14 up to cIOSXrev19.

NEWS FROM TWITTER:
r1060 is now up for download & auto-update. This rev REALLY fixes language saving & is fully tested by me. Sorry to r1059 testers
frown.gif

awesome, I'm going to try upgrade my cios and try. thanks a lot for the hard works.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
The r1060 download is now packaged for HBC. That means it's in /apps/CoverFloader and comes with the boot.dol, icon.png and meta.xml - this should make things neater (particulary for people new to this loader).
I've taken this opportunity to replace the old icon with the one used in my sig and on the code site. Hope you prefer it like I do... you can, of course, keep the old one if you'd rather.

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Fishears nice work mate!

Does this mean someone will update the forwarder with the new logo/icon too?

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
fishears said:
The r1060 download is now packaged for HBC. That means it's in /apps/CoverFloader and comes with the boot.dol, icon.png and meta.xml - this should make things neater (particulary for people new to this loader).
I've taken this opportunity to replace the old icon with the one used in my sig and on the code site. Hope you prefer it like I do... you can, of course, keep the old one if you'd rather.
Simply one word.... Great....
Has this version to be considered as the "official" 1.3 or not?
Sorry for the delay, this night I should start my tests... (busy period at work and with kids...)

Marcher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
fishears said:
Thanks.
All current builds are just updates of the 1.3 release. I might bump it up to [drumroll]1.4[/drumroll] when the FAT/NTFS support goes live.

Any chance we will see an updated WAD-channel installer soon? I am still using the old 1.1 and would like to benefit from the extras added to the lastest builds ...

Like this program very much!
wink.gif

Marcher

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Marcher said:
Any chance we will see an updated WAD-channel installer soon? I am still using the old 1.1 and would like to benefit from the extras added to the lastest builds ...

wink.gif

Marcher

We've had 1.2 and 1.2a channels available for download since August 09. We've stopped supporting embedded channels since 1.3 because it just creates more work each time we make a new release. Best advise is to use a forwarder so that you can take advantage of the auto-update feature and keep current that way. I'll be updating the forwarder soon (most if it is done but I need help with the splash screen).
HTH

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Fishears you should PM Troythezombie.. he made a coverfloader Forwarder and he just recently updated his channels and re-released them.. just an idea, hes back on the scene, he might want to help..

Marcher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
fishears said:
Marcher said:

wink.gif

Marcher

We've had 1.2 and 1.2a channels available for download since August 09. We've stopped supporting embedded channels since 1.3 because it just creates more work each time we make a new release. Best advise is to use a forwarder so that you can take advantage of the auto-update feature and keep current that way. I'll be updating the forwarder soon (most if it is done but I need help with the splash screen).
HTH

Thanks Fishears, will give it a try after Eastern ...

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Doctair said:
@Fishears you should PM Troythezombie.. he made a coverfloader Forwarder and he just recently updated his channels and re-released them.. just an idea, hes back on the scene, he might want to help..

Good idea - Troy's is my favourite forwarder anyway. I'll see what he says...

EDIT: He says he'll update his forwarder in the next few days. Thanks Troy!

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
i don't know why i can't load coverflooder. i keep getting code dump error during loading... last time i remember i can boot without any problem.. currently i'm in 4.0u, kepp trying using old n vew version still the same..

as far as i remember i only update cios, nothing more.. other loader works beautifully..

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nikeymikey said:
Excuse me, but does this loader support loading .wbfs from a fat32 hard drive?

@Fishears is currently plugging away at Fat/NTFS support..so for now I think its WBFS hard drive only..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm