• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
So why give the 12-17 year olds the vaccine then? Especially babies. I tell you what, you can have all my vaccines. Then you'll live forever. You vaccine shills are just going to deny anything you see negative about it and laugh because it's not on the Mainshill media. You guys are hilarious.

Children are virus magnets surrounded by other virus magnets at school. It's entirely nonsensical to leave them unvaccinated and force them to deal with the worst possible symptoms of COVID. That tactic had a lot of unforeseen consequences when it came to chickenpox, as well.

Again, your reasoning only makes sense in an alternate reality where everybody lives in an airtight bubble. People are free to demonstrate ignorance, narcissism, or tribalism in their decision-making, but the rest of us don't have to play along and pretend that these are virtues to be applauded.

How many times do I have to say that being vaccinated doesn't only protect the person who is vaccinated? I feel like a broken record already.

Reactions: KingVamp and Xzi

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Children are virus magnets surrounded by other virus magnets at school. It's entirely nonsensical to leave them unvaccinated and force them to deal with the worst possible symptoms of COVID. That tactic had a lot of unforeseen consequences when it came to chickenpox, as well.

Again, your reasoning only makes sense in an alternate reality where everybody lives in an airtight bubble. People are free to demonstrate ignorance, narcissism, or tribalism in their decision-making, but the rest of us don't have to play along and pretend that these are virtues to be applauded.
Show me where the survival rate of children are higher if they get vaccinated from Covid. Otherwise I'm right.

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Show me where the survival rate of children are higher if they get vaccinated from Covid. Otherwise I'm right.
Survival rate and quality/longevity of life goes up for EVERYONE when children are vaccinated against a myriad of severe diseases. I'll just say there's a good reason public policy isn't based on fringe paranoia, and leave it at that.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Survival rate and quality/longevity of life goes up for EVERYONE when children are vaccinated against a myriad of severe diseases. I'll just say there's a good reason public policy isn't based on fringe paranoia, and leave it at that.
Like I said: the auspice of "the greater good". Try reading before responding next time.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
bazamuffin me owd sunbeam!! Good to hear from you! I was getting worried: according to half of the idiots on here you should be dead by now.... :lol: ...or at least you would have killed off all your older friends and family - I'm guessing not judging by that post of
yours? How odd..

Presumably you wouldn't take a flu jab either, despite the number of deaths that causes every single year, mainly, again, to the elderly - oh wait you don't get offered one because you're not in that age group ...but then according to said idiots on here you're still endangering them just by breathing or something.. again, how odd..
Correct. I refuse flu jabs also. None of my friends, family or work colleagues have died from my personal choice.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bazamuffin me owd sunbeam!! Good to hear from you! I was getting worried: according to half of the idiots on here you should be dead by now.... :lol: ...or at least you would have killed off all your older friends and family - I'm guessing not judging by that post of
yours? How odd..

Presumably you wouldn't take a flu jab either, despite the number of deaths that causes every single year, mainly, again, to the elderly - oh wait you don't get offered one because you're not in that age group ...but then according to said idiots on here you're still endangering them just by breathing or something.. again, how odd..

So you're basing your entire medical thesis on a 1 person test group. I'm sure the peer reviews will be great. :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: RetroGen

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am one of the few People I know that aren't vaccinated against covid as most did while they were discussing making it mandatory and having unvaccinated people pay a fine.

most of those people got infected after the vaccination and had a lot of trouble like my gf, she got infected before the vaccination and was good after two weeks then she got the vaccination and has to fight with long covid for almost a year already after she got infected again (after the vaccination) and she also infected me after she was vaccinated so it has helped a lot to stop spread it...
(i was good after 7 days after I got it from her)

I am vaccinated against almost everything that makes sense and always ask the doc when traveling if there is something I would need but I don't take that stuff that was made in a hurry.
Doubt that there will be any really bad side effects anymore after a few years now but who knows.

Also giving this stuff to little kids that are almost not affected at all is just stupid, even though the risk from the vaccination is slim it could still harm the child more then Corona (except maybe for children with bad immune system or whatever)

Those young women that died because of the vaccination could still be alive as they were young and healthy and had almost no risk at all but they had to die because everyone was in panic and pointed finger on people who didn't want to take some hardly tested highspeed vaccination

Reactions: tabzer

RetroGen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personal anecdotes are not a reliable way to judge the efficacy (or safety) of a vaccine. The sample size is far too small and bias generally plays a massive role in interpretation. People vary considerably in terms of response to COVID-19 infection. For many, it is like a cold or flu, while for some, it is deadly. Just because you were unscathed doesn't mean your neighbor won't die if infected. That's why it is better to look at the science of epidemiology instead of friends and family. Going by peer reviewed data, it seems reasonable to suppose that people who got seriously ill after vaccination would likely have suffered even more from COVID-19 without it. Scientists and medical professionals are familiar with various confounds, unlike laypeople, who tend to fit the data to their ideological convictions.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
How many times do I have to say that being vaccinated doesn't only protect the person who is vaccinated? I feel like a broken record already.
Being vaccinated for covid 19 only lasts a few months and then you need another vaccination, so it's not really a vaccination at all and it doesn't help with varying covid strains that have mutated, also it's ONLY useful for the person that is vaccinated, it doesn't prevent you spreading covid and giving it to others - it only helps with the symptoms that YOU may get if you are infected.

As covid is no more than a minor sniffle for most people, it's pretty pointless getting vaccinated at all and TBH you'd be better letting your own immune system deal with it, that way your own immune system will be better to tackle it in the future and you won't need to keep on getting pointless jabs or turn yourself into a human experiment that may suffer harmful side effects.

Last edited by mrdude,

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Being vaccinated for covid 19 only lasts a few months and then you need another vaccination, so it's not really a vaccination at all and it doesn't help with varying covid strains that have mutated, also it's ONLY useful for the person that is vaccinated, it doesn't prevent you spreading covid and giving it to others - it only helps with the symptoms that YOU may get if you are infected.

As covid is no more than a minor sniffle for most people, it's pretty pointless getting vaccinated at all and TBH you'd be better letting your own immune system deal with it, that way your own immune system will be better to tackle it in the future and you won't need to keep on getting pointless jabs or turn yourself into a human experiment that may suffer harmful side effects.
lol ok.

"It's not a vaccination because it doesn't last forever" what? lol.
Not going to engage further.

Reactions: Xzi

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
lol ok.

"It's not a vaccination because it doesn't last forever" what? lol.
Not going to engage further.
Yep, TBH it's much the same as a headache tablet, sure you have a sore head - take a tablet and it helps for that single sore head. Two days later you get another sore head, but you still need to take another tablet to help with that. This is what this covid jab is similar to. It's only beneficial for the person that receives it and only for a short amount of time and pointless when covid mutates in the same way as the flu does. The covid jab sure as shit doesn't stop your spreading it or giving it to anyone else, it only helps with your symptoms and even then anyone with an average immune system doesn't need any from a non-vaccine "vaccine".

I'm glad you don't wish to engage further, as you're wrong, you know it, I know it, and everyone else that has more than two brain cells knows it.

• Haha
Reactions: AkikoKumagara
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7