• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
I'm sure that a "vax" will sooner or later become mandatory...
Even for general things suchas "visiting a shop" or "going to work/school"

Oh man...
Not sure about this one.
(Everyone being vaxed is a good idea, esp, if it drives CVD out... but.. will it work, or will mutants keep forcing as to reapply the vax ?)

What would you do if you found out for a fact that the conspiracy theorists were right and you were being lied to?

A. Re-evaluate your entire life
B. Start doing more research in an open minded way from both sides, even if it's just to satisfy your mind that the conspiracy theorists are still wrong
C. Stay in denial and blame the other party?
D. Shit your pants
E: Reevaluate your sources of news.
Switch to more objective ones. Not everyone can be a liar.
When in doubt seek out people who can be trusted to "spot" fake news.
=> Find "independent parties"

Last edited by Deleted member 514389,

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mandatory vaccination is not the true aim of governments. They don't actually care about COVID, because the death rate is so low for most of the working, tax paying population.

Instead, they are using this pandemic to force greater control over the citizenry.
Vaccine passports are really just a first step in location tracing. Once they have private business denying service based on personal health choices (get vax'd only if you're at risk), they will expect business to continue this behavior for arbitrary things like whether or not they are dressed the right way. Governments never relinquish control. Never. Ever.

Additionally, saying this vaccine is not experimental is simply a matter of semantics. Vaccines take 12 years to be approved because there can have long term side effects that you won't be able to detect in 2 years. The sample size doesn't matter. No one can time travel and determine the concrete risks involved with this vaccine.

Take note how they frame this:
"We are giving businesses the tools they need to protect their work forces."

Are you ever forced to use a tool?
This tool is mandatory.
Biden did not executive order businesses the ability to fire someone who refuses the vaccine;
he ordered that businesses must fire them for refusing it.
Government does not relinquish control.

Sounds to me like they're trying to prioritize who gets the vaccinations.....
More than likely they're trying to get the virus under control with our own citizens first.....

Except migrants on the US southern border are being let into the country and given court dates.
They are not being sent back or prevented from contacting the United States population.
So why is vaccination being forced on businesses, while simultaneous allowing non-citizens to flood in unchecked?
Many countries require vaccination for entry at the moment, so why do you discount this reporters question?

I'm kind of glad this covid has caused such a divide that it has. Some of these people really need to be weeded out.

You've really tipped your hand with this comment.

“A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him, saying, 'You are mad; you are not like us.”
― St. Antony the Great

Last edited by elk1007,
Reactions: BitMasterPlus

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would you do if you found out for a fact that the conspiracy theorists were right and you were being lied to?

A. Re-evaluate your entire life
B. Start doing more research in an open minded way from both sides, even if it's just to satisfy your mind that the conspiracy theorists are still wrong
C. Stay in denial and blame the other party?
D. Shit your pants
These questions can be thrown back at the conspiracy theorists, "if" they are wrong.

Reactions: The Catboy

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I got the 4th (2 sinovac + 2 biontech) vaccine 2 days ago and I'm totally fine and I work in a hospital [I'm a medicine student]

Please get your vaccines guys. Its the only way to finish this pandemic.

Reactions: ghjfdtg

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mandatory vaccination is not the true aim of governments. They don't actually care about COVID, because the death rate is so low for most of the working, tax paying population.

Instead, they are using this pandemic to force greater control over the citizenry.
Vaccine passports are really just a first step in location tracing. Once they have private business denying service based on personal health choices (get vax'd only if you're at risk), they will expect business to continue this behavior for arbitrary things like whether or not they are dressed the right way. Governments never relinquish control. Never. Ever.

Additionally, saying this vaccine is not experimental is simply a matter of semantics. Vaccines take 12 years to be approved because there can have long term side effects that you won't be able to detect in 2 years. The sample size doesn't matter. No one can time travel and determine the concrete risks involved with this vaccine.

Take note how they frame this:
"We are giving businesses the tools they need to protect their work forces."

Are you ever forced to use a tool?
This tool is mandatory.
Biden did not executive order businesses the ability to fire someone who refuses the vaccine;
he ordered that businesses must fire them for refusing it.
Government does not relinquish control.

Except migrants on the US southern border are being let into the country and given court dates.
They are not being sent back or prevented from contacting the United States population.
So why is vaccination being forced on businesses, while simultaneous allowing non-citizens to flood in unchecked?
Many countries require vaccination for entry at the moment, so why do you discount this reporters question?

You've really tipped your hand with this comment.

“A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him, saying, 'You are mad; you are not like us.”
― St. Antony the Great

Couple different sources say that only about 30% of immigrants are not getting the Covid vaccine due to outright refusal, which means that about 70% of them ARE getting the vaccine. According to the article below, the U.S. is still mandating vaccines for some of the more popular viruses, though I believe it's generally assumed the Covid vaccine needs a little more testing before the CDC decides which vaccine is most appropriate to mandate, considering there are (I believe) 3 different types; Pfizer, J&J, and at least one other. So rather than throwing random vaccines at people who have no American based medical history to report from or document, it seems to me maybe a little more information is needed from the immigrants before we start administering something that *could* possibly cause something catastrophic in someone we have no history of.

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefuge...-vaccination-immigration-faq.html#newcriteria

Why are businesses being "forced" to... what now? Require testing every week of their employees who are unvaccinated? Um, probably because the virus itself runs rampant in dense environments, and since the government is a little.... "uncomfortable" at the moment *actually* mandating the Covid vaccine, it seems smart to track how the virus is moving throughout those who are unvaccinated. I mean, what kind of government lets rampant diseases eat up the lives of its citizens? Even if the reasoning is horrible, any government that doesn't go to lengths to try and control rampant diseases and protect the lives of its' citizens is a horrible government.

I tip my hat too. The general public has no problem with division: Republican/Democrat, racist/not racist, sexist/not sexist, so on and so forth. At least when the anti vaxxers start to die out, it'll help remove some of the people who really don't belong in a progressive society.

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple different sources say that only about 30% of immigrants are not getting the Covid vaccine due to outright refusal, which means that about 70% of them ARE getting the vaccine.....

First of all, can you please give a reliable source for this 3/10 immigrant refusal static?
The only article I found was from the nypost, and they did not list a source.
I also could not find this statistic on the ICE website, so if you have access to it, please share.

Secondly, you argue that we shouldn't administer shots to people with no US medical history, for their own safety.
I agree that people are affected differently and should take their own risk assessment.
If this is the case, why should we mandate a vaccine with no medical history at all?
Did you know that companies are not liable for problems you incur from these unvetted vaccines?
If you have received any of these shots, you are the experiment.
You are the test.
You won't know the true effect for 10+ years, long after this thread has died.

Require testing every week of their employees who are unvaccinated?
Vaccinated people still get and spread COVID. What is your argument, exactly?
What benefit is there in testing unvaccinated but not the vaccinated?
The goal is clear: social division through government sanction.

what kind of government lets rampant diseases eat up the lives of its citizens?

COVID has a very low morality rate. It isn't eating up the lives of citizens.

Ironically, he government mandated shut downs destroyed more lives than COVID ever could have.
Many small businesses had to close up during this period, and they cannot reopen because they weren't big enough to absorb the hit.
Out of work, live savings were swallowed by a country not allowed to work.
Big corporations, on the other hand, were allowed to stay open and absorb all of the business of these small stores.

I tip my hat too. The general public has no problem with division: Republican/Democrat, racist/not racist, sexist/not sexist, so on and so forth.
At least when the anti vaxxers start to die out, it'll help remove some of the people who really don't belong in a progressive society.

Thanks for the hat tip, but the phrase is "tip your hand".
The expression refers to poker, where you want to keep the cards in your hand a secret.
Tipping your hand means to reveal your true intentions, which you have done again.

Do you believe in political genocide?
I say live and let live, and you want people to die because they don't agree with you.

Deleted member 568468

State of dormancy
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
First of all, can you please give a reliable source for this 3/10 immigrant refusal static?
The only article I found was from the nypost, and they did not list a source.
I also could not find this statistic on the ICE website, so if you have access to it, please share.

Secondly, you argue that we shouldn't administer shots to people with no US medical history, for their own safety.
I agree that people are affected differently and should take their own risk assessment.
If this is the case, why should we mandate a vaccine with no medical history at all?
Did you know that companies are not liable for problems you incur from these unvetted vaccines?
If you have received any of these shots, you are the experiment.
You are the test.
You won't know the true effect for 10+ years, long after this thread has died.

What benefit is there in testing unvaccinated but not the vaccinated?
The goal is clear: social division through government sanction.

Ironically, he government mandated shut downs destroyed more lives than COVID ever could have.
Many small businesses had to close up during this period, and they cannot reopen because they weren't big enough to absorb the hit.
Out of work, live savings were swallowed by a country not allowed to work.
Big corporations, on the other hand, were allowed to stay open and absorb all of the business of these small stores.

Thanks for the hat tip, but the phrase is "tip your hand".
The expression refers to poker, where you want to keep the cards in your hand a secret.
Tipping your hand means to reveal your true intentions, which you have done again.

Do you believe in political genocide?
I say live and let live, and you want people to die because they don't agree with you.
your "political genocide" gotcha doesn't really work considering that anti-vaxxers aren't really being mass-killed by anyone except themselves. but at least you tried

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Of course, that means they're INFECTED. The vaccine isn't bullet proof. But it sure makes your chances to survive much much higher. Plus if we're lucky. The virus dies before it can get a hold in the host to spread it, because of the vaccines. This is what a vaccine is for.

Sure, but long term effects? Also try telling that to the 1.14M dead people of a virus, that could been contained much better if the Chinese government kept it hidden.

ronically, he government mandated shut downs destroyed more lives than COVID ever could have.
You can restart a business. You can't restart a person that have passed.

Reactions: Lacius

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your "political genocide" gotcha doesn't really work considering that anti-vaxxers aren't really being mass-killed by anyone except themselves. but at least you tried

Wishing that people die because they don't believe in mandating brand new vaccines is immoral.
Wishing death on people is immoral.
Also, unvaccinated are not dying in any significant numbers. It's clear you wish that on them, however.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Reactions: ghjfdtg and Lacius

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I got both shots now, Got my second one 4 days ago Only my arm hurts a little but besides that i felt nothing (Says the guy who got every vac and got it registerd in my vac book) with a stamp and signature
I got joint pains from the first dos.
The second dos I got joint pains, fever and feeling really sore. But it disappear after like 2-3 days. No biggie since it was all common side effects.

Reactions: Guggimon

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Guggimon

GBAtemp's Fucker, Alt Banned and McFuckaroo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The second dos I got joint pains, fever and feeling really sore. But it disappear after like 2-3 days. No biggie since it was all common side effects.
Hmmm Maybe you felt a little better with your first shot?? I have no idea why you got worst with your seccond one?? Do you got two diffrent vacs??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got 2x Pfizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo